Sign in to follow this  
tophdawg

Viking prototypes

i don't know where the "ruining of opinion" would come in. Aside from the cool looking giant there's really not all that much we're missing out on. I for one am glad they eventually changed that Kraken and little boat to a small ship and a Wyvern...even is Wyvern dragons aren't particuarly Norse :P

Check the top of the Brickshelf folder - it says thanks to EB [Eurobricks] for the pics - my guess is that they've been posted here :biggrin:

KimT

i really liked these more than the others, and im sorry that i posted these after they had been posted before. i guess i didnt do the right search i found where they were originally posted now. an admin can close this now if they want

I dunno about locking...a discussion of the differences between the protos and actual sets and which are actually better could be interesting nuts.GIF

i remeber seeing that a while ago and i was so angry wheni found out they werent real. I mean look at the fortress, it has intricate roof decorations nice building in the back and a giant!!! And look at the real one it doesnt have a roof at all!

I dont' know if you all have seen any pics of the 06 line yet. Some of the sets that I saw had dragon wings as the sails for boats - I don't know if that's oing to translate into the set or if it was just for the prototype though. IIRC, someone said it was going to be in the set that way, but I don't remember who and to be honest, I was only half paying attention. I was pretty focused on the Batman and Spongebob stuff. Sorry. :(

Although the beards...I'm torn on the beards...they're either really neat or too bulky.

But the real vikings definatly need those warhammers...those warhammers are stylin' :wub:

I've seen all those pictures before except for this one...

a3.jpg

This was never released, was it?

That was actually more close to the final set than the other prototype with the giant. It has a green dragon and the structure of the fortress is also almost the same like at the final fortress...

Lets put the final set up so we can compare...

LG7019.JPG

Methinks the prototype could have been a whole other set with a few alterations...

Edited by mister_phes

Okay, I did a direct comparrison, besides details I still think the main structure of the two versions are still very similar....

post-14-1138799431_thumb.jpg

Okay, I did a direct comparrison, besides details I still think the main structure of the two versions are still very similar....

shouldn't you work on the smilies instead of doing this? :-D :-D :biggrin:

anyway, both are strangers to me... i did buy the fortress, never assembled it... i'm keeping the brown parts to build a western fort one day and most of the other non bionicle/technic parts are in other mocs....

This is the official reason the Viking set's don't include beards, fro Legions of Gotham:

This one was made to see what overall look the vikings should have. We danes see the vikings to have big beards (think Gimli from Lotr) but a test showed that the kids thought that men with beards were old and not cool (!) Therefore no big viking beards

Here's some cool drawings of the prototype viking figures:

http://legionsofgotham.proboards70.com/ind...ge=6#1138783045

The final sets look much better than the prototypes. If you want some beards for your Vikings, order some custom Dwarf Beards from Redbean.

I prefer all the prototypes (esp the squid) except for the giant thingy...

God Bless,

Nathan

i don't know where the "ruining of opinion" would come in. Aside from the cool looking giant there's really not all that much we're missing out on. I for one am glad they eventually changed that Kraken and little boat to a small ship and a Wyvern...even is Wyvern dragons aren't particuarly Norse :P

I agree the small long boat is emensly better but I really wanted a kraken so bad :-(

I looked every where for better pic or a good moc version of that squid...

I guess I'll have to moc it myself.

is that a giant or a minotaur? it has horns. it would have been a great set, imo. great for army building. but even with the released sets you can get good horde army. you have your wolf riders, dragon riders, and the vikings with catapults and battering rams and etc. the minotaur/giant would have been better than the trolls from the HP series.

A minotaur has the body of a man and the head of a bull, like this...

minotaur.jpg

Furthermore minotaurs are from Greek mythology rather than Norse mythology so it doesn't make much sense to have one in the Viking theme.