Recommended Posts

You could start a poll and then lock the topic, well at lest I can..... :tongue:

Normal users can't lock topics. You have special powers due to your role in managing the Technic Hall of Fame. :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok thanks for your answers! That is what I though but I was was just making sure :classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Normal users can't lock topics. You have special powers due to your role in managing the Technic Hall of Fame. :wink:

No I could lock (and I think change the title) of my own topics even before I gained extra powers.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Philippines, hello world i was just wondering if how to make a topic or post a topic sorry for asking just a newbie asking for something...tnx in advance

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Say, would it perhaps be a good idea to give EB members who are currently or once were product designers for The LEGO Group a rank of their own? Unless a mere tag would be sufficient enough, there are a few currently employed set designers here on Eurobricks that I know of, and a rank similar to ones designated for TLG Representatives and Ambassadors would be quite honorary for those members! :blush:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure on that. They might get badgered by members and trolls?

Sad to say, that is the case on the internet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

I'm not sure on that. They might get badgered by members and trolls?

Sad to say, that is the case on the internet.

Of course, that's the most obvious elephant in the room in regards to such a suggestion, so perhaps just a simple tag could be enough (as so to more easily escape such trolls' attention)? I mean, has such harassment happened to LEGO Reps here before due to their Ranking Badge? :shrug_confused:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Instead of assuming the potential ramifications of identifying these designers, you could ask them for their thoughts on the matter... then based on their input, determine the most suitable course of action.

 

LEGO Ambassadors have their own rank at Eurobricks and as far as I'm aware they don't get harassed. So why would it be any different for designers?

I was LEGO Ambassador for three years, and in conjunction with my Governor Rank I also had the LEGO Ambassador logo directly beneath.

Nobody harassed me or made the slightest fuss about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

Instead of assuming the potential ramifications of identifying them, you could ask them for their thoughts on the matter... then based on their input determine the most suitable course of action.

Certainly, though the few that I'm aware are EB members hardly ever come by to visit. For instance, both @jamieberard and @marcosbessa last visited this forum back in 2016, though Mark Stafford (i.e. @Nabii) was just here only a week ago. Hmmm, perhaps he could personally ask other designers for their input on such? :shrug_oh_well:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Certainly, though the few that I'm aware are EB members hardly ever come by to visit. For instance, both @jamieberard and @marcosbessa last visited this forum back in 2016, though Mark Stafford (i.e. @Nabii) was just here only a week ago.

Ok, so they last visited Eurobricks three years ago, was that because they were harassed here and decided not to return, or could there be other reasons?  E.g. they're extremely busy people and already frequent other AFOL fansites so they don't have time to visit Eurobricks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

LEGO Ambassadors have their own rank at Eurobricks and as far as I'm aware they don't get harassed. So why would it be any different for designers?

I was LEGO Ambassador for three years, and in conjunction with my Governor Rank I also had the LEGO Ambassador logo directly beneath.

Nobody harassed me or made the slightest fuss about it.

Very good point, I missed this addition to your initial reply! :thumbup: :classic:

Say, as another suggestion, what if a similar such rank was given to EB members who's LEGO Ideas submissions achieved support and were approved for production in review? In lieu of "Product Designer" for TLG employees, how about a title of "Product Creator" for those members in particular? :shrug_oh_well:

14 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

Ok, so they last visited Eurobricks three years ago, was that because they were harassed here and decided not to return, or could there be other reasons?  E.g. they're extremely busy people and already frequent other AFOL fansites so they don't have time to visit Eurobricks.

Well, looking back at some of Jamie's and Marcos's previous content in context, they didn't seem to have been met with that much negativity from others; rather, most gave them praise and gratitude for all they've done! :blush:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Say, as another suggestion, what if a similar such rank was given to EB members who's LEGO Ideas submissions achieved support and were approved for production in review? In lieu of "Product Designer" for TLG employees, how about a title of "Product Creator" for those members in particular? :shrug_oh_well:

When creating new tags or ranks, the question we need to ask; is what benefit(s) to the Eurobricks community does it have?

From observation over the history of Eurobricks, it seems the majority like receiving such acknowledgements for their efforts, so this could act as incentive for other Product Designers to share their creations and engage in discussion on Eurobricks.

However, I would not like to assume on their behalf, maybe they'd prefer to remain anonymous, so that's where research is beneficial.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

When creating new tags or ranks, the question we need to ask; is what benefit(s) to the Eurobricks community does it have?

From observation over the history of Eurobricks, it seems the majority like receiving such acknowledgements for their efforts, so this could act as incentive for other Product Designers to share their creations and engage in discussion on Eurobricks.

EXACTLY!!! :thumbup: :sweet:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice discussion you have going here!

Question: Is it really necessary to use bold face, italics, underline, larger font to … what … point out things? Or emphasize things? When entire paragraphs are phrased in this way, it becomes … at least to me … less … pointed out.

I am always irritated by that. Just discussing the matter is way enough for me.

But this is just me.

Hope the discussion continues!

All the best
Thorsten 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Toastie said:

Question: Is it really necessary to use bold face, italics, underline, larger font to … what … point out things? Or emphasize things? When entire paragraphs are phrased in this way, it becomes … at least to me … less … pointed out.

Formatting should be used sparingly.  Bold to emphasize keywords, underline to indicate hyperlinks, italics to indicate quoted text or references.

However, you do have a valid concern, when frequently used in conjunction, formatting can become a bit overbearing and/or distracting.

11 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

EXACTLY!!! :thumbup: :sweet:

It's a good idea providing the designers wish for such acknowledgement but not something I'd prioritize at this time.  I'm more focused upon ensuring regular MOC updates on the Eurobricks Frontpage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/19/2019 at 10:36 AM, Mister Phes said:

However, I would not like to assume on their behalf, maybe they'd prefer to remain anonymous, so that's where research is beneficial.

14 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

It's a good idea providing the designers wish for such acknowledgement but not something I'd prioritize at this time.

Well, thinking about this a little further, rather than just giving those users a specific designation automatically, perhaps a topic for TLG Designers requesting such a rank could be started, similar to @Jipay's Girls, Stand Up! in its intention. :shrug_confused:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, thinking about this a little further, rather than just giving those users a specific designation automatically, perhaps a topic for TLG Designers requesting such a rank could be started, similar to @Jipay's Girls, Stand Up! in its intention. :shrug_confused:

That's a good idea, however the rest of the Eurobricks staff would need to approve such a discussion.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.