Just a question, why are some people's names italic and underlined with dots? Like this (but with dots instead of the line. Sorry if this has been asked before. I'm just too lazy to search :blush:

It's just a different way to highlight groups. Nothing special.

It's just a different way to highlight groups. Nothing special.

It shows when someone is posting in a thread that you're viewing.

It's payment for services rendered.

I didn't want to but they made me!!

Haha! I don't believe you actually went through with it. :tongue:

I don't actually believe I convinced them not ban you 18 months ago... :hmpf:

I don't actually believe I convinced them not ban you 18 months ago... :hmpf:

It's never too late. :devil:

It shows when someone is posting in a thread that you're viewing.

Yeah, is that what you think he means? :look:

post-1554-1274867487.gif

If that's the case then yes, Rick is right! But I always thought the tool-tip was a dead giveaway...

Yeah, is that what you think he means? :look:

post-1554-1274867487.gif

If that's the case then yes, Rick is right! But I always thought the tool-tip was a dead giveaway...

I just wish I had known this much earlier. :wink: Thanks for saying :thumbup:

I'm sorry if there is another topic about this somewhere, but I can't seem to figure out how to send a PM. I've checked the Help Topics but it just doesn't seem to be an option on my profile. Could it be because I only just began actively posting? Any thoughts? Many thanks! :wacko:

Could it be because I only just began actively posting? Any thoughts? Many thanks! :wacko:

Yes, you need to be a Vassal (10 posts) to use the PM system.

Sorry I am new here and it won't let be start a topic.

Is there a limit to how many can be posted in a day?

Do I need a better reputation first?

Thanks

Did you read the Guidelines in the BSTF forum? The answer is there.

Note: Members are unable to post here until they have reached "Vassal" rank by making 10 posts to the site. Prior to that, they are unable to use the PM system either, so it would be pointless to allow. This is designed to reduce spam from members joining simply to post an advertisement and leave.

Also remember that the BSTF forum is a small part of the site and isn't intended to be your reason for joining. It's meant to be a place where members can talk about buying and selling LEGO, not a billboard for new joiners.

I am new to the forum and have seen discussions of badges and decals quite often. I don't see definitions for these terms in the EB dictionary. I am familiar with other forums and they use terms for those items placed next to your username, if that's what badges and decals are, and they are just called avatars, sigtags, or blinkies (when they blink!).

I was invited to come to the ladies forum to create a badge, but did not have a clue what to do. I asked to be added to the ladies list, but don't know if it's as easy as that.

Or am I totally on the wrong track and are these ACTUALLY decals, like stickers for lego bricks?!

Please help out a EB newbie!

Thanks.

Does this topic answer your question? (I'll make you a "lady" right now. :wink: )

Yes, the attached topic was helpful!

So Siegfried, are the decals and badges that people are speaking of the special tags underneath the usernames on the left on the posts? Or are decals and badges something else altogether?

Thanks for making me a Lady! :blush:

Edited by legomama

What!?! The ladies have their own forum? default_cry4.gif

I might consider getting a sex change...

What are members referring to when they say badges and decals? Are these the special tags for users or something else?

Thanks. :wacko:

What!?! The ladies have their own forum? default_cry4.gif

I might consider getting a sex change...

But isn't being a Grand Duke much more "elite"?! :wink:

What are members referring to when they say badges and decals? Are these the special tags for users or something else?

What members? Decals in most cases refers to custom minifigs, but I don't hear much talk of "badges".

But isn't being a Grand Duke much more "elite"?! :wink:

Siegfried passed on the link for the ranks (EB Ranks) which explains what I think now some posts are calling badges as they are saying they have been made Gold, Silver, or Bronze. I think now that this refers to the students in the Reviewer's academy.

He also explained that Decals ARE referring to stickers/decals for customizing minifigures and bricks.

This helps me now and hopefully helps other newbies that see this strand!

:classic: Wendy

Well decals, like Sieggy said, are for custom minifigures.

Badges probably refer to the Reviewers Academy badges:

Instructor gold.gif Student silver.gifbronze.gif

Or tags, which are special images that you get below your profile in each post you make. Badges are tags. For more information, you can visit this thread.

EDIT: Oh, I see your questions have already been answered in that other thread...

I have a question, how does one become a fellow and what do fellows do?

I thought that fellows are former staff members or at least people that have contributed to EB above normal expectations, not 100% sure.

I have a question, how does one become a fellow and what do fellows do?

All should be explained here. As to what we do: we look green :sick: and have moderation powers in the Community and Culture and Multimedia subforums.

I thought that fellows are former staff members

Most aren't, although some are, e.g., Sir Dillon and SlyOwl.

or at least people that have contributed to EB above normal expectations, not 100% sure.

Or just nice people. :tongue:

I thought that fellows are former staff members or at least people that have contributed to EB above normal expectations, not 100% sure.

The reverse is more true (though there are several exceptions), most staff are former fellows. :wink: