8 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, thinking about this a little further, rather than just giving those users a specific designation automatically, perhaps a topic for TLG Designers requesting such a rank could be started, similar to @Jipay's Girls, Stand Up! in its intention. :shrug_confused:

That's a good idea, however the rest of the Eurobricks staff would need to approve such a discussion.

On 6/21/2019 at 12:43 AM, Mister Phes said:

That's a good idea, however the rest of the Eurobricks staff would need to approve such a discussion.

Besides TLG employees, another idea I was pondering yesterday is the suggestion of a giving new "RLFM" rank to authors/representatives of Recognized LEGO Fan Media outlets. A few such EB members I know of include...

Edited by Digger of Bricks

On 6/29/2019 at 12:33 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Besides TLG employees, another idea I was pondering yesterday is the suggestion of a giving new "RLFM" rank to authors/representatives of Recognized LEGO Fan Media outlets. A few such EB members I know of include...

Also, another a good idea!

However, at this time, it seems more beneficial for us to focus our efforts on encouraging the general user base to be more active, as these proposed ranks can only be obtained by a select minority.

I'm a Vassal at 58 posts, well this will be my 59th post, but I was wondering how many posts I need to reach the next rank. I think Citizen is next? Let me know, because I just recently joined Eurobricks and hope to one day be crowned a Grand Duke! :pir-stareyes:

Edited by Flaming Bricks

58 minutes ago, Flaming Bricks said:

I'm a Vassal at 58 posts, well this will be my 59th post, but I was wondering how many posts I need to reach the next rank. I think Citizen is next? Let me know, because I just recently joined Eurobricks and hope to one day be crowned a Grand Duke! :pir-stareyes:

All the numbers are listed in the first post of the thread below. Good luck in your quest, remember not to spam :pir-wink:

15 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

All the numbers are listed in the first post of the thread below. Good luck in your quest, remember not to spam :pir-wink:

Ok I won't spam, but I'll try my best to participate regularly! It's cool that you are a Dragon Admin, you must be pretty tech savy! Do you have any tips for eurobricks? I love that this exists, because I struggle to find other people that actually love talking about Lego as much as I do

Edited by Darkdragon
fixed formatting

2 minutes ago, Flaming Bricks said:

Do you have any tips for eurobricks?

My biggest tip is to use the search feature before posting a question and do your best to make sure you're posting in the correct forum. :classic:

2 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

My biggest tip is to use the search feature before posting a question and do your best to make sure you're posting in the correct forum. :classic:

If you did accidentally post something in the wrong forum, does eurobricks allow you to delete a post? Or do you write deleted under the post? I've seen some people write deleted and it says that they edit it to do so.

Also how do you get special ranks like the Dragon Admin? Does it take time and skill to earn one of those special titles?

1 minute ago, Flaming Bricks said:

If you did accidentally post something in the wrong forum, does eurobricks allow you to delete a post? Or do you write deleted under the post? I've seen some people write deleted and it says that they edit it to do so.

Also how do you get special ranks like the Dragon Admin? Does it take time and skill to earn one of those special titles?

No, you can't delete it. You can click "report post" on the post and in the box ask that it be moved to the correct forum and a moderator will get to it for you.

My rank is a staff rank, there won't be any more Dragon Admins.  All staff ranks are assigned not earned via post count, be sure to read that thread I linked to as it might answer some of your questions.

1 minute ago, Darkdragon said:

No, you can't delete it. You can click "report post" on the post and in the box ask that it be moved to the correct forum and a moderator will get to it for you.

My rank is a staff rank, there won't be any more Dragon Admins.  All staff ranks are assigned not earned via post count, be sure to read that thread I linked to as it might answer some of your questions.

Ok I read the thread you sent and it makes sense, lots of ranks to keep track of, but most people fall under normal ranks anyways.

How long have you been using Eurobricks?

Just now, Darkdragon said:

Since 2010

Nice! What do the tags do? I've seen that lots of members use them like badges, are there online challenges you can participate in on Eurobricks?

Do you enjoy being part of the staff and do you ever collaborate with Lego or LAN members? 

1 minute ago, Flaming Bricks said:

Nice! What do the tags do? I've seen that lots of members use them like badges, are there online challenges you can participate in on Eurobricks?

Do you enjoy being part of the staff and do you ever collaborate with Lego or LAN members? 

All Tags are awarded by staff. Some are prizes for contests, others area handed out for achievements by members participating in roleplaying games and some of the many Building Games on the forum. Some are just handed out if a member has impressed staff (who have the power to give out tags) with their MOCs or other forum activity. 

Darkdragon has Nya's Phoenix emblem for helping me out on a big project some years ago, for instance. The As Seen On TV badge is for members who have been on TV for their LEGO Hobby. 

Others are mystery in-jokes their origins lost to time...

If you stick around, get involved and be a positive member then you could earn a tag or two :sweet: Just never ever ask for one, it does give people the wrong impression.(Unless you win your choice of tag in a contest, of course).

3 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

All Tags are awarded by staff. Some are prizes for contests, others area handed out for achievements by members participating in roleplaying games and some of the many Building Games on the forum. Some are just handed out if a member has impressed staff (who have the power to give out tags) with their MOCs or other forum activity. 

Darkdragon has Nya's Phoenix emblem for helping me out on a big project some years ago, for instance. The As Seen On TV badge is for members who have been on TV for their LEGO Hobby. 

Others are mystery in-jokes their origins lost to time...

If you stick around, get involved and be a positive member then you could earn a tag or two :sweet: Just never ever ask for one, it does give people the wrong impression.(Unless you win your choice of tag in a contest, of course).

That's for the information! Is there any contests currently running that I should know about? 

Ok I'll stick around, because the party is just getting started! :laugh_hard:

There are several games running in different theme forums, but currently no contests. Keep looking out, contest do get run from time to time.

2 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

There are several games running in different theme forums, but currently no contests. Keep looking out, contest do get run from time to time.

Can you direct me to these games? I am a pretty competitive player, what kind of online games are we talking about?

3 hours ago, Flaming Bricks said:

Ok I won't spam

:cough: :pir-sceptic: Just a friendly reminder because nearly 50 posts today  and you have been resurrecting very old threads.

Please don't post in very old threads that have had no posts in them for many months (let alone multiple years). 

This is not the way you want the staff to remember you :wink: 

4 minutes ago, Flaming Bricks said:

Can you direct me to these games? I am a pretty competitive player, what kind of online games are we talking about?

Brethren of the Brick Seas

Guilds of Historica

Heroica! The RPG

The Great Brick War

These are the current games running. Their rules and requirements are recorded in their respective threads in each section.

4 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

:cough: :pir-sceptic: Just a friendly reminder because nearly 50 posts today  and you have been resurrecting very old threads.

Please don't post in very old threads that have had no posts in them for many months (let alone multiple years). 

This is not the way you want the staff to remember you :wink: 

Sorry, I guess I have a hard time letting the past die. I am a Citizen now, so that's cool, I'm thinking that I'll try to cool things down 

I don't want to be banned after I've been just making friends here, thanks for a warning

5 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

Brethren of the Brick Seas

Guilds of Historica

Heroica! The RPG

The Great Brick War

These are the current games running. Their rules and requirements are recorded in their respective threads in each section.

I love to roleplay, that sounds like some fun!

On 10/26/2022 at 11:28 PM, Unbrickme said:

Hello, I am a LEGO Ambassador. Can I please have the ambassador tag?

I think I can do that for you :sweet:

But I do need to verify you are the real deal. Your e-mailadres isn't exactly helpful in this matter :tongue:

Drop me a PM on the LAN.

On 10/28/2022 at 6:34 AM, Jim said:

I think I can do that for you :sweet:

But I do need to verify you are the real deal. Your e-mailadres isn't exactly helpful in this matter :tongue:

Drop me a PM on the LAN.

I sent you a message on the LAN

Howdy-

Apologies for bumping, but I checked the FAQ, read here, and did some searching and didn't come up with anything, so I figured I'd inquire-

I remember having seen a thread to mark yourself as female-identifying and get a rank noting it, and since I've been wanting to be more active here, I figured it would be good to do?

I found a link to the thread (Girls, Stand Up! was the name, Digger of Bricks linked to it last page), but it seems to be dead. Is that going to be returning or replaced in some way, or is that dead?

The Eurobricks team has had some thought on the rank and decided now is the time to retire it. It is a relic of a time when AFFOL participation was almost unheard of and LEGO fandom was more of a "boy's club". Today, with very well known AFFOLs, a decade of success for the minidoll and a theme TLG stated to be gender neutral in marketing, the Ladies rank is no longer needed. Helpful in its time but now a part of the past that helped us reach this present.

1 hour ago, Peppermint_M said:

The Eurobricks team has had some thought on the rank and decided now is the time to retire it. It is a relic of a time when AFFOL participation was almost unheard of and LEGO fandom was more of a "boy's club". Today, with very well known AFFOLs, a decade of success for the minidoll and a theme TLG stated to be gender neutral in marketing, the Ladies rank is no longer needed. Helpful in its time but now a part of the past that helped us reach this present.

Makes total sense! Thank you for the clear response!