6277 Imperial Trading Post  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below average
    • Average
    • Above average
    • Outstanding

thats cool, i cant see myself selling the set, so the box is just taking up space. If i could get that much for a box then it would take alot of the hit i paid for the whole thing in the first place !

Hey. I have read that you are selling a box of set 6277. I am interested to buy the box depending on the price with shipping cost near Montreal, Canada. Can I see pictures?

P.S.: I cannot msg you because you disabled the feature. Please contact me.

Thank you

Hey. I have read that you are selling a box of set 6277. I am interested to buy the box depending on the price with shipping cost near Montreal, Canada. Can I see pictures?

Thank you

I believe you cannot message him because the message system will only become active after 10 posts, where he only have 9 so far.

Thank you

hey, only just come back and read your message. This should be my 10th post now so send me a pm and we can sort something out!

Wuuhuu

I just bought this set on german ebay for 35 Euros excl. blue baseplate and sails for the ship, and a few minifigs are missing. But that's a pretty fair price if you ask me :)

I can't wait to get my hands on this baby.

I keep returning to this review to check out the pics. I love this set very much

I cannot describe my reaction to this review without the use of the name of a prominent religious figure followed by a rather potent expletive. I can actually feel my stomach churning at the recognition of this set's existence, and I want it so unbelievably hard right now that you have no idea. I have a feeling that this is one of those "having is not so pleasing a thing as wanting" situations though, and with its purported current price tag, I'm content to simply want. Thank you for this review, funkybrick.

Haha yeah... that ladder thing always bugs me. I actually modified it so the ladder at the top is at the back, it looks nicer that way. But really, you need three ladders, unless the guards climb up to the second level and then flip the ladder up to reach the top. :pir_laugh2:

Whoo, now I don't feel so bad for paying arm and leg for mine with the box.

No sails and missing mini-figs! It probably is lacking the rare sailor figure! Those are some of the catching points of that one, man! The awesome cutter and sweet rare mini-fig!

I love those touches that TLG used to do. Such a creative little story. And then you have that flip up panel where you can see all the sets "goodies". I wish TLG still did stuff like this. Also, I wouldn't mind having a more comprehensive box art gallery for the rest of the Pirate sets.

I'd really like to see the inside of the panel and the back of the box of Skull's Eye Schooner, for instance. Or Imperial Flagship, since I used to have the box to that one as a kid! :pir_bawling: (Re-bought the set as an adult, was my first ever Lego ship)

No sails and missing mini-figs! It probably is lacking the rare sailor figure! Those are some of the catching points of that one, man! The awesome cutter and sweet rare mini-fig!

Fortunately I have a few of those rare sailor guy torsos :) (somebody decided to call him Steve in an article so that's what I call him) - and I just bought the three sails, and I also had the blue baseplate, all in all it was quite cheap compared to what they sell for in complete condition :)

Fortunately I have a few of those rare sailor guy torsos :) (somebody decided to call him Steve in an article so that's what I call him) - and I just bought the three sails, and I also had the blue baseplate, all in all it was quite cheap compared to what they sell for in complete condition :)

You may be onto something there. The one I bought wasn't exactly cheap and there was quite a bidding war there at the end! :pir_bawling:

I must say I have rarely enjoyed a LEGO building process such as this one. The set is divided into several builds, and it is really a joy to witness the progress of the island from empty baseplate to thriving "trading post".

All those minifigs, including the fabled Steve and the Admiral, add so much to the playability of the set. The large ship with its three sails and treasure holder is also magnificent - if there was a swoosh factor for sail boats, this would top the list :pir_laugh2:

I must say I have rarely enjoyed a LEGO building process such as this one. The set is divided into several builds, and it is really a joy to witness the progress of the island from empty baseplate to thriving "trading post".

All those minifigs, including the fabled Steve and the Admiral, add so much to the playability of the set. The large ship with its three sails and treasure holder is also magnificent - if there was a swoosh factor for sail boats, this would top the list :pir_laugh2:

I totally agree. It's a wonderful set! :pir-wub:

I still envy you for being able to buy a MISB set and opening it for the first time. :pir_laugh2:

Both my sets are comprised of two unfinished sets, that have (mostly) been bricklinked into completion :pir-classic:

But they were in total much much cheaper however. But still... to be able to be the first person to open such a classic. Wow

Here are some of my quickly taken photos of one of my now complete sets :)

http://s423.photobucket.com/albums/pp314/L...rentzen/Random/

Edited by Lorentzen

I still envy you for being able to buy a MISB set and opening it for the first time. :pir_laugh2:

Both my sets are comprised of two unfinished sets, that have (mostly) been bricklinked into completion :pir-classic:

But they were in total much much cheaper however. But still... to be able to be the first person to open such a classic. Wow

That seems to be the baseplate I sent you from Belgium:)))) I am happy that you did completion of the set!

That seems to be the baseplate I sent you from Belgium:)))) I am happy that you did completion of the set!

Yup - that was me. I found a set on ebay without this baseplate. Yours was in better than excellent condition. Thanks :pir_laugh2:

Yeah, I have to say you are right, it's a very special feeling... I'm glad I took pictures of the still sealed polybags spread all over my desk and so on just to keep the great memories :)

From what I caught sight of at the first glance, your set seems to be in very good condition nonetheless! :pir-sweet:

That was a good review for a first, actually a very good one in fact! I just want to get this set now, probably better then the imperial port today! I do love that bridge and merchant ship. A very good balance of figs. I do think in some pics you could of had better lighting.

thumbs up :thumbup:

It's sets like these that makes me wish I was born 10 years earlier than I was,

but i just thought I should say that there are some pictures messed up here :s I think the links might be broken, sorry for bumping the topic :(

Edited by Axle

It's sets like these that makes me wish I was born 10 years earlier than I was,

but i just thought I should say that there are some pictures messed up here :s I think the links might be broken, sorry for bumping the topic :(

With the thread being so old, broken links are a possibility.

In the future instead of bumping an old thread with non-working pictures no less, PM the member who posted the pictures to let them know that they are no longer showing. This way if they still have them, they could fix them, as opposed to you and me talking about it.

This is, with no doubt, the set I prefer at best.

I dreamed over the pages of the LEgo catalogue that year for hours and hours, looking at the image of the Imperial Outpost. I tryed to mae it with the bricks I had, but I was not able to do it.. But my fantasy worked onit...and I maged for a long time to recieve it as a gift and to play with it for long afternoons after the school...but it remained only a dream!

I think this is an impressive set on it's own, but it's dwarfed by the other ships in the pirate series. Even the small Carribean Clipper is too big to dock, and the Black Seas Barracuda looks like a giant next to this. I wish they would have scaled this set bigger so that it worked better with the ships, but then the cost would have been at least twice as much.