Sign in to follow this  
LegoLyons

MOC: The Wonka Express

traintech1.jpg

Now, please do not shoot me, I have never built a LEGO train MOC before, and I have no education on how trains work, run or are built, I just wanted to add to my Wonka creations.

So I present to you "The Wonka Express"

The Wonka Express returns back to the Chocolate Factory, crammed full with scrumdiddlyumptious ingredients, such as the ripest apples, suculent Cherries, zingy limes, tangy satsumas, cool coconuts, tasty bananas, fiery Chillies and sweet Pineapples, Oh and a locked chest full of the special ingredients that make Wonka's chocolates the best.

Found it hard to get a photograph of the whole train, so please do look through all the images on Flickr for clearer and higher resolution shots.

4276004377_edd8e12e0e.jpg

4275994791_8679199556.jpg

High res images and lots more shots to be found here: Wonka Express Full set on Flickr , please leave comments hera and add notes/comments to Flickr.

Edited by TheBrickster

hahaha, very fun, adn I love your oompa loompas.

Was this train actually in a Willy Wonka movie?? I'm not too familiar so I don't know.

Either way, it looks great.

hahaha, very fun, adn I love your oompa loompas.

Was this train actually in a Willy Wonka movie?? I'm not too familiar so I don't know.

Either way, it looks great.

Thanks BIG Cam, nope it was not in the movie, or the books, but hey, his ingredients have to arrive in some way or the other. :thumbup:

Nice! The purple works great for a Wonka train, and I love the chrome accent pieces. Did you make the Wonka decal yourself? Creations like this are why Train Tech needed to be its own forum.

Good colors. Love the Oompa Loompas. They look like the spawn of Captain Green Hair. I guess he really has been just a tall Oompa Loompa all along :pir-laugh: Looks great though and really nice pictures!

I'm loving the Oompa Loompa's they're just so great in their simplicity. It doesn't even bothter me that they don't have a face. The train itself looks lovely. The purple is just beautyfull. Most parts came from the Knights Bus right?

Nice! The purple works great for a Wonka train, and I love the chrome accent pieces. Did you make the Wonka decal yourself? Creations like this are why Train Tech needed to be its own forum.

Thanks, Ah, the decal is in fact a photoshopped logo.

Excellent MOC, no outside referances at all. :thumbup:

No it was all made indoors. :tongue: Cheers.

Oompa Loompas! :wub:

Great train, I assume you picked up at least one Smash 'n Grab recently?

Nope, all brinklink and pieces I have accumulated over the years, whenever I make an order on bricklink I add chrome and dark purple, i have quite a collection now. Thanks for the comment.

Good colors. Love the Oompa Loompas. They look like the spawn of Captain Green Hair. I guess he really has been just a tall Oompa Loompa all along :pir-laugh: Looks great though and really nice pictures!

Well thank you!

What no song? :grin:

What are you using for the Oompa Loompas Legs (the red parts)?

A song, hmmmmmmmmm. The legs are these wheels, taken from the axle. Tricky but effective. http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/3137c01?img=10791

I'm loving the Oompa Loompa's they're just so great in their simplicity. It doesn't even bothter me that they don't have a face. The train itself looks lovely. The purple is just beautyfull. Most parts came from the Knights Bus right?

Some from the knightbus, but not really that many to be fair. Thanks badboytje. As for the oompma's not having faces, I think it adds to their mysteriousness. :thumbup:

This is fantastic LL. I love it! How creative and unique. Fantastic color. One does not see many purple trains, and being a Wonka variety, what better color could you have chosen?

The engine somewhat resembles a European cargo train with it's flat stepped nose, but the back of the unit with its open and attached area looks like a tender. The chrome exhause pipes and your use of black slopes for side detailing add some aerodynamic styling. I like the use of the window pieces toward the front of the cab, making visibility very clear for the conductor.

The open wagon reminds me a bit of the toy car from LEGOs Holiday Train, but definately different. It's interesting to see the use of the sloped bricks on the front and back, something that I think looks very good. -and you've got to love all those little sweet ingredients. I'd like some of the suculent cherries and sweet pineapples please. :wub:

Lastly, great selection of accessories that add a lot to this fantastic train creation. The use of the die with hoses for recharging the engine (electric I would imagine?) is very clever. Green-Joker hair Oompas, and the cones and barrel - top notch!

This is very deserving of a front-page. Great job LL! Thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

The train looks really good in all its absurdness. But I really like all the figs and accessories you've designed to go along with it.

Looking strange .... but indeed a great admission.

Nicely done with very good details (like the smoke)

:thumbup:

This is fantastic LL. I love it! How creative and unique. Fantastic color. One does not see many purple trains, and being a Wonka variety, what better color could you have chosen? The engine somewhat resembles a European cargo train with it's flat stepped nose, but the back of the unit with its open and attached area looks like a tender. The chrome exhause pipes and your use of black slopes for side detailing add some aerodynamic styling. I like the use of the window pieces toward the front of the cab, making visibility very clear for the conductor.

The open wagon reminds me a bit of the toy car from LEGOs Holiday Train, but definately different. It's interesting to see the use of the sloped bricks on the front and back, something that I think looks very good. -and you've got to love all those little sweet ingredients. I'd like some of the suculent cherries and sweet pineapples please. :wub:

Lastly, great selection of accessories that add a lot to this fantastic train creation. The use of the die with hoses for recharging the engine (electric I would imagine?) is very clever. Green-Joker hair Oompas, and the cones and barrel - top notch!

This is very deserving of a front-page. Great job LL! Thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

*oh2* Front page *oh2* I'm flattered, thank-you! And thanks for the great feedback, it's always nice when someone takes the time out to comment in such detail. It was a very fun build and only took me the best part of a day in total. I have been using purple and chrome quite a bit lately, and all my Wonka stuff have purple as a base. Thanks again :thumbup:

The train looks really good in all its absurdness. But I really like all the figs and accessories you've designed to go along with it.

Thanks, the figures are very popluar, and I am very proud of them.

Looking strange .... but indeed a great admission.

Nicely done with very good details (like the smoke)

:thumbup:

Strange indeed, well Willy Wonka is a strange as they come. :classic:

Keep in mind, it is a Wonka train. I wouldn't expect a traditional steam locomotive.

:thumbup: Yep, like I stated, i have no education on trains etc, and did not try to hide this fact, i just set out to build a wacky train that maybe people thought Willy would of invented, and of course it had to run on Chocolate fuel, and be full of scrumdiddliumcious details.

Awesome train, very realistic to Willy Wonka's theme. I'm not a train fanatic and don't pay attention to techniques and how common they are, but are those the ice cream pieces being used as steam? That's a very cool technique.

And of course, the Oompa Loompas are just plain cool. :classic:

Awesome train, very realistic to Willy Wonka's theme. I'm not a train fanatic and don't pay attention to techniques and how common they are, but are those the ice cream pieces being used as steam? That's a very cool technique.

And of course, the Oompa Loompas are just plain cool. :classic:

Yep Ice cream, it's a technique thats been around for a while now, but not sure if the train tech guys use it?

Thanks Xenophilus! :thumbup: