Sign in to follow this  
parchioso

Hoth Tragedy II

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Thanks to the newly released 8083 and 8084, plus a little help from 7749, I found the necessary elements to build a version 2 of my previous Hoth based MOC, one of the features I had in the old version is the blood stains (thanks to the kind words of those who left comments), in this version II, I tried some additional methods, I hope they are interesting to you.

Although the scene looks quite bloody, but it depicts the sacrifices of the Hoth Rebels in doing their jobs.

Lego-MOC-Hoth-Tragedy-II-7318.jpg

Lego-MOC-Hoth-Tragedy-II-7326.jpg

Lego-MOC-Hoth-Tragedy-II-7217.jpg

My blog entry for this moc: http://brickand.me/2010/01/14/DeadlyResist...084And7749.aspx

Looks very good, did they get shot? By the way, maybe you can use more (cheese) slopes to make the ground look less blocky and more snow-like - but there shouldn't be blood. It's still very nice though. :thumbup:

~ General Magma

Edited by General Magma

haha, thats great, I do think the speeder bike is a bit out of place, as it looks like it would run over the remaining rebels, but very nicely done.

Nice MOC. Could we get a shot of the whole scenery? :thumbup:

I could mention now, that there should actually be no blood, but - damn I just did it. :wink:

Keep up the good work! :classic:

Edited by Darth Lion

EXCELLENT MOC 'Parchioso' ! :sweet::grin::laugh:

There actuall would be a liitle blood in places, but from wounds caused by flying pieces of metal from exploding cannons and fighting machines. :skull:

The troops on both sides falling, etc, very very well done ! :vader:

Keep up the cool work 'Parchioso' ! :sweet::grin::laugh:

Well,

as we clearly can see: The Empire Striked Back. :wink:

I have to admit, that it's quite hard to spot the very few drops of blood (if any at all) in the original trilogy movies.

The background looks pretty empty. Maybe you could place an AT-AT or AT-ST in the far background which would appear as more blurry silhouette on the background to give a nice effect of distance. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Edited by Legostein

Its a great scene but I think the speeder is too big for the space. I like how you put a red head under the snow troopers helmet to make it look like blood thats really clever.

Great work!

Its a great scene but I think the speeder is too big for the space. I like how you put a red head under the snow troopers helmet to make it look like blood thats really clever.

Great work!

I'd have to disagree. The prefect shot makes a seen of the speeder approaching from a distance. I think this is very well done, and the blood/ice effects are great! I'd say there's absolutely nothing to change with this MOC.

I might say that it would be good to have all of the Hoth Rebels wearing the same uniform, but that would be hypocritical as I have 4 2009 guys and 6 2010. :tongue:

I like it it's almost like the battle of hoth (except with no blood) and the terrain is spot on! :classic:

Plus mad i add that you but Power Miners crystals. (the red ones there reall good for blaster shots)

Edited by RocketClone

Thanks all for the kind comments.

Actually I am not very happy with the snow effect, there are a few great examples from others, but for costing reason I have to use only parts I have on hand. The blood effect is what I am trying to play with, but I think the movie is intended for general audiences and too much blood may not be appropriate, I hope my work would not appear offensive to anyone.

What I actually tried to do with the speeder was to make it fly up like what a stuntman would do, but I think the angle is not right.....

And finally, I include a photo showing the overall work:

Lego-MOC-Hoth-Tragedy-II-7317.jpg

Oh my, I can't believe I almost missed this! This scene is excellent.

So many things to like:

The way you created the blood dribbling out onto the snow is great. Is that red pieces under trans pieces? Whatever it is, it gives an awesome and realistic bloody effect!

The Ron Weasley sleeping face works perfectly!

I love the "shot-in-the-head" snowtrooper. Yes, he's extremely blood, but it looks like his head exploded under that helmet, which is a great effect!

The speeder bike is positioned very well to my eye. It looks to be pointing towards the turret, like he just shot the gunner, but is at the right angle to me that it looks like he is turning to swoop away (and then maybe come back for more).

The whole thing looks so good, so action packed. It reminds me of BattleFront, if BattleFront was rated M and had the gore of Halo!