Sign in to follow this  
echobasehoth

Review SDCC 2009 Exclusive Brickmaster Set

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Just checked the review index and saw that only the lego parts in this set is reviewed. In my opinion the special thing about this set is the box.

so here we go my first lego review.

Set Number: sdcc 2009 exclusive sponsored by brickmaster

Release: 2009 San Diego comic con

Theme: clone wars

Special: 500 sets released all individual numbered

Price: ebay pricess 75-175 us$, bricklink pricess:outrageous

piecess: 202 and a brickmaster magazine

you had to do a raflle to be lucky to get this set, but if you won the set was free.

the set contains #20009 at-te mini walker 94 pcs. and a dropship 108 pcs.

this set is probably mainly a collector item. so sorry i have no intention riping up the 2 bags. check this review out if you wanna see the bricks review

i find the box awesome and i like the individual numbering

front of the box (back is similar to front)

mine is 116/500

legosdcc001.jpg

side of the box

legosdcc002.jpg

when opening the box you find 2 bags and a brickmaster magazine

legosdcc003.jpg

bag 1 containing the AT-AT walker is same material than usual lego bags and set number is 20009

legosdcc006.jpg

bag 2 containing the dropship is the zip type and the instructions is on "normal" paper insted of the usual glossy paper used for instrucitons.

legosdcc007.jpg

i like special things but i have no intention paying high pricess. A good friend of mine picked it up and shipped it to me and i am very happy having it. but no way i would pay us$ 100 or more to get it. Few days after the sdcc the sets was avaiable cheap on ebay 35-40 us$,now pricess are higher. I like the box art very much and intend to keep one of my sets completely untouched (yes i couldt resist the us$ 35 on ebay :wink:

only one thing i dont like. When you make a special set, with a special box and number it individually, then why write the number with a pen :wacko: A numbered holographic sticker would be nicer.

Thanks for the review of the box and bags. I can understand not wanting to open a set like that.

Thanks for letting us have a look inside the box!

No that is a set that should remain intact. Just to take it out and just admire that you own it sometimes.

I do agree with you, the box itself is really a Masterpiece.

Thanks for the review of the box and bags. I can understand not wanting to open a set like that.

You can get those parts later. If he opens it, there goes the value. It's a smart thing to keep them sealed :wink:

Thanks for the pics of the box and the bags! :thumbup:

The box does look very appealing and valuable. :wub:

I think it's odd how the parts and instructions for the LAAT/c are so unprofessionally bagged, though. I was expecting them to be sealed in a polybag with the usual high-quality instructions. :look:

:wub: Wow that box is a thing of beauty the scratches look perfect :wub: too bad I can't get one.