Sign in to follow this  
harry123

Chinese Brick 'Enlighten'

Hello, guys! Have you guys heart about the Chinese Brick 'Enlighten' brfore? I like to play with it when I am small as i don't know it is not LEGO brick and it is very cheap,but whan I grow up,than i know the chinese brick is not a good thing.

I am live in Hong Kong, the market in Hong Kong have many 'Enlighten' boxest so it is quite popular. Some of the design copy from the LEGO set. It is quite horrible when you see their design because the face of the minifigures is more worse than the LEGO. Also the brick are very easy to broken down.

stop_cheap_chinese_plastic.png

I like this logo as I think it can tell others don't buy the Chinese Brick.

Hey! do you guys play the Chinese Brick? or do you have any experience about Chinese Brick?Share with us in this forum!

I believe that image you have taken their isn't for Enlighten but for LEGO sets whom have parts made in China.

Do we absolutely have to have a new thread about rip-offs and clone brands pop up every other day and then discuss it, going over the same old stuff again and again for eternity?

Yes, we know about them. No, we don't like them. Some of us are curious enough to check out their designs / quality and have provided reviews of clone brand sets. A search in that direction would give you all the answers you need.

And Big Cam is spot on about the meaning of this sig. As far as I'm aware, there's several board games which are partially produced in China and have a proven inferior quality of minifigs / bricks. The qualm with that is not so much about having to moan about something, but rather arises from the problem which such Chinese-made bricks pose when put up on Bricklink - where you can't differentiate between them and regular bricks and there's a chance you'd end up buying a "bad" brick.

That about sums it up, I guess?

I believe that image you have taken their isn't for Enlighten but for LEGO sets whom have parts made in China.

Exactly!

I made this sig just for the fact that TLC is kind of smuggling cheap plastic parts into their minifigs.

It all began with the magnet sets. You weren't able to see it from the unopened box and the minifigs looked like the old ones, but having opened those sets gives you an immediate feel that there is something different (low-cost) with the plastic. The colors weren't bright and intense as they used to be, too.

Then I bought a "build-yourself-minifig" in the Lego store in Oberhausen and the soldiers torso (seen in the sig) was exactly made of the same cheap plastic. :hmpf_bad:

It is rumoured (fact? - I don't know the source) that TLC has got a new chinese plastic factory.

We all now fear to have that bad plastic quality in future sets.

Just because TLC decided to produce in a cheaper way (= with more profit, because the price stays the same or even goes up :angry: ).

If TLC ever decides to produce low quality stuff like this, it will be their ruin!

Why pay more if you can get the same quality for much less money (like Enlighten and all the other crap)?

Hello. As a new member you probably don't know how to use the search functions of this board, so here is a link to what is essentialy the index of clone brand related topics *click me*.

There are many and varied arguments both for and against Clone Brands and they will mostly be represented in the reviews and discussions linked in the index.

I don't think I have seen an introduction thread from yourself, so: Welcome to the forums and enjoy yourself. You can introduce yourself here.

It is rumoured (fact? - I don't know the source) that TLC has got a new chinese plastic factory.

We all now fear to have that bad plastic quality in future sets.

Just because TLC decided to produce in a cheaper way (= with more profit, because the price stays the same or even goes up :angry: ).

I totally agree, it would be a shame to see Lego sacrifice quailty for profit in this way. Considering they are an expensive product (i am more than happy to pay for quality), which sells very well (i think they had a good 2009), to attempt to cut costs in this way is beyond belief.

Surely the Lego Ambassadors should be able to take up this issue with the company?

I made this sig just for the fact that TLC is kind of smuggling cheap plastic parts into their minifigs.

We have been getting poor quality bricks out of Denmark long before TLG started doing anything in China. The sets with nonstandard numbers like magnets, board games, etc. are only a small part of the problem.

The qualm with that is not so much about having to moan about something, but rather arises from the problem which such Chinese-made bricks pose when put up on Bricklink - where you can't differentiate between them and regular bricks and there's a chance you'd end up buying a "bad" brick.

This is the biggest problem with the bad parts, and has been an issue ever since the modern wave of quality flaws started at the end of 2006. I avoid buying parts on BL that have had quality issues (which excludes parts in several basic colors these days) unless it seems likely that the seller is only carrying parts from several years ago.