Sign in to follow this  
Legostein

The Starfighters of the Republic

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello everybody!

Today, it's my pleasure to close a chapter. During the last months, we have seen capital combat ships, starfighters and planetary craft of the two major opponents of the prequel trilogy - Separatists and Republic. You'll find a summary of them all at the bottom of this post. What's still missing to complete these sets, are the starfighters of the Republic. There are fewer than for the Separatists' fleet, but they are at least as nice as them. Please find below the contents image of this topic. :classic:

republic-fighters.jpg

--------------------

With beginnning of the Clone Wars, a Republic starfighter force quickly was set-up with new sorts of starfighters. Hence I'd like to start with the Clone Wars TV series, where we already see in the very first chapter the new V-19 Torrent Starfighter. It's a completely new design, I just uploaded this week-end. It can fold up the middle wing in landing position just like in the series. :classic:

v-19-torrent-01.jpg

v-19-torrent-06.jpg

The clone wars finally arrive the orbit of Coruscant in Revenge of the Sith, where we see the ancestor of the later X-Wing starfighter design - the Aggressive Reconnaissance-170 Starfighter or simply ARC-170 as it is often referred to. This week-end I regarded the official model again, and thought it was quite bulky, especially the simple 1x2 inverted slope for the nose. So I decided to do a different version. It really has nothing in common with the official model, except for being also 1-stud-wide. I also went for the new 1x2 clip plates for the S-foils to first avoid overlapping with the official model, and second I always found the trapezoid flags to wide. The S-foils should be more narrow than the wing itself, which is the case with the 1x2 clip plates, but not with the 2-wide trapezoid flags. :classic:

arc-170-1.jpg

arc-170-4.jpg

In the end of the same movie we see the Alpha-3 Nimbus-class V-wing Starfighter. Some design aspects were later used for the TIE fighter series, and when you listen carefully when they fly by in the movie, you'll recognize they already have the typical TIE fighter sound. :classic: Here I gladly used the new trapezoid flags. And finally added those fine 3-stud-long bars as guns which serve as attchment for the wings at the same time. The normal lightsabre bars are 4 studs long and looked much too long. It features the correct vertical engine assembly as well as the cover for the astromech droid. Both details are attached at the same hinge, making it a very compact design. :classic:

clone-v-wing-1.jpg

clone-v-wing-4.jpg

--------------------

With these, the mini moc series is complete. As promised, here a summary of what we had over the last months. :classic:

Republic:

[ Capital Ships | Starfighters | Planetary vehicles ]

Separatists:

[ Capital Ships | Starfighters | Planetary Vehicles ]

--------------------

With that I am done for today. Thank you for your interest and stepping by! :classic:

All the best,

~ Christopher

Edited by KimT

I already saw them on Brickshelf, but once again you've build some awesome mini's.

Great work, Legostein :thumbup:

the Inventor

Awesome work! My favourite is the arc 170. It looks spot on.

'Legostein' - micro genius ! :grin:

The ARC-170 followed by the V-wing are the best, I guess the V-19 is up there too (although the V-19 is far from being a favorite in the Star Wars/Clone Wars arena).

Can't wait to see what you'll do next ! :sweet:

Superb work as always, that X-wing is just perfect.

X-wing? :cry_sad: It's an ARC! :tongue:

I haven't commented on any of your other threads, but I'd just like to say that ALL your designs are absolutely fantastic with such clever use of parts. The sheer amount of detail you've put in such a small scale is amazing, and I'm really looking forward to seeing your OT minis!

I love also the moving features, they are part of what truly make your minis so great!

When you've done OT, will you do EU? I don't want to see you stop!

Great work again Legostein :thumbup:

My favorite would be the Arc-170 this time. You really put the extra details in there than the original one from LEGO had.

I do like the colour scheme of the V-Wing compared to the grey coloured one from LEGO.

So sad that this is a closer :cry_happy: but it have been a pleassure to see your work!

All I can really say about these minis is :wub: .

Great job! Bring on the Expanded Universe!

So, this is the end for the prequels? That's too bad, I was hoping for some personall trasnsports- such as the Sep. Shuttle and ect. but you already have done the three winged shuttles so I guess most are taken.

But now that you're done fighters, you can finally make that mini Battle of Coruscant diorama!

These are great. I'm really loving that ARC. :wub: Perhaps you could do a Corellian Corvette? :grin: BTW your Sep Capital Ships link is wrong. :tongue:

Edited by JCC1004

Stunning, stunning, stunning. Just stunning. Again.

Legostein, you are a legend !

On top of all the other projects I've set myself, I really must follow your instructions and build my own fleet. Honestly, your designs are at least as good as the 'official' mini versions of the models, and in many cases better.

Kim, surely there's some sort of honour you can bestow upon Legostein in recognition of his amazing creations ?

Dr. D.

Wow your minis are incredible. They are so detailed. I'm looking foreword to your next minis :sweet:.

Kim, surely there's some sort of honour you can bestow upon Legostein in recognition of his amazing creations ?

Dr. D.

Well doesn't he already have MOC expert tag. :classic:

But these MOCs are unique - nobody does them like he does. It calls for a 'special achievement' award !

:wink:

Dr. D.

Hello everybody!

I am flattered about all those nice comments! Thank you! :blush:

So, what is next? I have plenty of new unpublished ships from the original trilogy and expanded universe. I can reveal them here togeter in sets with others as shown here, or I can do presentations with the new exclusive one only. Anyway what is preferred more, there definitely will be more original trilogy and expanded universe in the future. But this does not mean, there won't be some more of the prequels, as there are still some gaps in my list. :classic:

Thank you all for your interest! :classic:

So sad that this is a closer :cry_happy: but it have been a pleassure to see your work!

Don't be sad. :classic: There are many hundreds of vessels in the Star Wars Galaxy. It's a life task that is still going on. :classic:

BTW your Sep Capital Ships link is wrong. :tongue:

Oops! I am sorry. Corrected that now. Thank you for the heads-up. :classic:

Kim, surely there's some sort of honour you can bestow upon Legostein in recognition of his amazing creations?

Well, thank you, I feel honoured! :classic: However it gets clear from the guidelines forum that asking for a favor usually results in the exact opposite. :wink: Hence I'll simply continue with what I am doing: Sharing creations with the community and pointing out unusual building techniques and tricks for small-scaled designs. :classic:

Hope to see you all soon!

~ Christopher

Edited by Legostein

Dr. D.

I agree that Legostein's minis are really great, but please don't tell me what to do :laugh:

Plus as plo says, he's already gotten the "MOC Expert" tag.

Nothing beats that - 'xcept rock.

Truly asthonishing stuff. :classic: The models look spot on and you used some great techniques. The only thing I might add is that the folded version of the V-19 is a tad to tall.

TT

Hello,

and thank you once more for your interest in these models and your compliments. :classic:

I am now pretty motivated to carry on building this week-end. But you can't force it. Inspiration comes spontaneously. I'll do my best. :wink:

See you soon,

~ Christopher