MOC: Third fire brigade

third_fire_brigade_017.jpg

third_fire_brigade_016.jpg

VTR 1: SUV take officers and soldiers for all types of events:

third_fire_brigade_014.jpg

third_fire_brigade_013.jpg

VTR 2: Search and rescue:

third_fire_brigade_015.jpg

The soldiers of that unit have training and equipment for diving, mountaineering, navigation and the regulars courses of the brigade. Car also operates SAR dogs operations:

dsc02424.jpg

VTR 3: Take support for the troops: water, light, air and extra stairs.

third_fire_brigade_008.jpg

third_fire_brigade_005.jpg

third_fire_brigade_007.jpg

third_fire_brigade_006.jpg

VTR 4 : Lift ARM

third_fire_brigade_010.jpg

third_fire_brigade_011.jpg

VTR 5: Ladder

third_fire_brigade_002.jpg

third_fire_brigade_003.jpg

Simple, but nice in the way you have a vehicle for every situation!

Great job! I like the simple designs of them all. These models would beat official sets any day :thumbup:

Great job! I like the simple designs of them all. These models would beat official sets any day :thumbup:

Thank you very much, i really aprichiate!

I realy enjow biulding this mocs!

regards

Rodrigo

Simple, but nice in the way you have a vehicle for every situation!

Thanks that was the idea!

regads

Rodrigo

Although that these vehicles are a bit big for my city, I can easily say that they look great and very detailed! :thumbup:

That VTR 2 is my favorite! :wub: I really like the front of it. :thumbup:

Oh, and that second picture with the fleet and the crew looks great!

Thanks for the pictures Laureano! :classic:

Hello!

A very impressive collection of fire engines! :classic: The detailed and functional accessories for each engine are great. Furthermore I find the bumper bar of the first vehicle with the 2x1 curved bricks on the underside very inventive. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

AWESOME fire fighting units, my favorite is the tender with the hidden ladder storage - COOL ! :grin:

Makes me want to go back and redesign my fire tender ! :sweet:

Keep up the great work 'Laureno' ! :sweet::grin::laugh:

Liking the Bronto the best

That is one of my favorits to. Thanks

regards

Excellent fleet! :thumbup:

Thanks, thats the first time that i biuld fire mocs and i realy enjow a lot!

regards

Rodrigo Laureano

Normally I'm not a fan of Fire vehicles but I must say wonderful designs, really! :thumbup:

thank you very much, the desing, for me, is always very important !

regards

Although that these vehicles are a bit big for my city, I can easily say that they look great and very detailed! :thumbup:

That VTR 2 is my favorite! :wub: I really like the front of it. :thumbup:

Oh, and that second picture with the fleet and the crew looks great!

Thanks for the pictures Laureano! :classic:

This vtr 2 it part of a long project, and i hope to be able to finish it this year!

thank you very much

regards

Laureano

Hello!

A very impressive collection of fire engines! :classic: The detailed and functional accessories for each engine are great. Furthermore I find the bumper bar of the first vehicle with the 2x1 curved bricks on the underside very inventive. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Hello Chistopher

Thank for yours complements, i also enjow a lot this mocs! Now is time to burn the CC and call the brigade :classic::sweet::laugh:

cheers

Rodrigo Laureano

AWESOME fire fighting units, my favorite is the tender with the hidden ladder storage - COOL ! :grin:

Makes me want to go back and redesign my fire tender ! :sweet:

Keep up the great work 'Laureno' ! :sweet::grin::laugh:

thanks for your words !Coming from Lego afols it realy means a lot to me!

regards

Rodrigo

Really nice selection of vehicles. Too there's no real engine/pumper. That would really complete it (instead of having both a ladder an aerial vehicle). I also think the wheels - especially for the ladder and the aerial - are a a little too large, but I guess that depends on your building scale. One final thing that bothers me is the height that the two 'extensible pieces' add to the height of the aerial, but then again I have no suggestion how to easily solve that. Overal: very nice MOCs though! :classic:

I somehow missed these earlier. It's an impressive collection of trucks with some really nice details. I love, for instance, how you've added working support struts for the ladder truck and the aerial boom. It's obvious you've spent considerable effort on making them look good. I suspect you've been looking at some of Steven Asbury's work, because some of your vehicles are superficially similar and that's a good thing. :thumbup:

I do think there are a few issues with the scale and there are a few bits on some of the vehicles that I don't really like. I'll go over the vehicles one by one.

On it's own, SUV #1 looks good. I like the LandRover-like windows in the roof and how you mounted the rear side windows on their side. It's clever stuff. However, including the mud guards, it's as wide as some of the trucks. Of course, SUVs can be big lumbering things, but not quite that wide.

SUV #2 seems obviously inspired by a HumVee and that's a good thing in my book. It's close to what I would consider the right size for a minifig Humvee and the chunky tyres are a bit oversized, but work well. After all Hummers have big wheels and adding extra emphasis to that by going for something extra large is a good idea. What I don't like, however, is how the tiles that for the A-pillars stick out of the sides. With a little SNOT work you could get them to fit inside the width and also replace the red sticker/tape you've used to split the windscreen.

I don't like how the tyres stick out of the sides of truck 3. they might stick out a little bit on a real vehicle, but one stud on a vehicle with a body that is six studs wide seems more fitting for a monster truck. It's the only thing that lets down an otherwise excellent design.

Truck 4 is obviously quite closely based on LEGO's own truck designs. It looks nice, but would look better with slightly smaller wheels and a slightly larger ground clearance. With these large wheels and this close to the ground it looks like West Coast Customs got their hands on it :classic:

Truck 5 is a mixed bag. The aft body and the mechanism for tilting the ladder looks like an American 'quint'-type engine. It's really nice. The cab, however, looks like a greenhouse. Some (European) fire trucks have that sort of look (Dennis fire engines, for instance) the two don't really seem to match. Then again. perhaps you based it on a real engine that I just don't know. On this one the wheels stick out too, but they look less jarring because you used mudguard pieces as well that blend them a bit more into the body.

When you build of different vehicles, at least from my point of view, it becomes really important to make sure that they are built to approximately the same scale. Otherwise they'll look awkward together. Admittedly LEGO themselves aren't too strict about this either. I tend to make SUVs six wide including the mudguards (so with a body of five). My trucks, including the mudguards are typically 7 wide. Something similar applies to tyre sizes. With the exception of the SUV, all of these vehicles have the same size tyres. They look good on some, but on some others slightly smaller tyres would look better IMO. SUVs often have big wheels, but I generally use bigger wheels on trucks than on SUVs. Finding a right wheel size for minifig trucks can be a bit of a chore. The wheels LEGO themselves use on most of their trucks can look too small. One size larger sometimes looks too big. Obviously building detailed vehicles to minifig scale requires a lot of compromises. It's not always possible to find objective reasons for going one way or another, which means you only have you personal preferences to go on and I hope that you understand that even though I would do some things differently, I still think you;ve done a very nice job on these.

Cheers,

Ralph

I'm impressed. The jeep type SUV thing is really cool, it looks the proper shape for an SUV, btu then your ladder trucks blow me away.

The one with the ladder fitting in the middle is cool.

Then the lift truck is even better. I love how far it reachs up, plus all the details and accessories you have on all these vehicles make them a very cool MOC set.

They all look great, but my favorite is the VTR:2. It looks pretty sweet :thumbup: .

What a nice ammount of nicely designed verhicles!

Some of them show almost no difference with the real ones here in Holland. :thumbup:

Nice job!

That is an impressive collection of 6-wide fire vehicles. The number 2 looks cool and just like a hummer. Very nicely done.

Also the 2 big trucks are very nicely build. Good job :thumbup:

Really nice selection of vehicles. Too there's no real engine/pumper. That would really complete it (instead of having both a ladder an aerial vehicle). I also think the wheels - especially for the ladder and the aerial - are a a little too large, but I guess that depends on your building scale. One final thing that bothers me is the height that the two 'extensible pieces' add to the height of the aerial, but then again I have no suggestion how to easily solve that. Overal: very nice MOCs though! :classic:

thanks for the post Rick, I agree with wheels, they are always a problem! they aren't defenity! Vtr 4 is a replica of a volvo of denmark fire Departement( exept the wheels), including two arms. :classic:

thank

regards

I had to revisit your thread to take another peek. Engine 5 is my favorite out of the bunch. :thumbup:

I really like a lot unit 5 too, and i enjow a lot biulding it!

thank you very much!

regards

Rodrigo L.

I somehow missed these earlier. It's an impressive collection of trucks with some really nice details. I love, for instance, how you've added working support struts for the ladder truck and the aerial boom. It's obvious you've spent considerable effort on making them look good. I suspect you've been looking at some of Steven Asbury's work, because some of your vehicles are superficially similar and that's a good thing. :thumbup:

Thanks for your post Ralph, i realy agree with every think !

I biuld this moc in 7 days, 5 hours a day, i was in vacations! unit 1 e 2 was already biulded in oder colors, i only have to rebiuld to fit the fire helmet.

With the exceptions of unit 4, i don't make any research of reals fire trucks, i research the amazing, fantastic and a reference work of Steven Asbury! After, i try to biuld and invent new desings, they aren't replicas !

Sometimes i biuld Lego trying to make a replica, like yours contrutions, big fan by the way, some times a try to create something new, in fire brigade units 3 and 4 were one of this cases!

I will try to change my wheels scale in futures mocs, the annoy me too!

Again i realy aprichiate your post

thanks

regards

Rodrigo Laureano

I'm impressed. The jeep type SUV thing is really cool, it looks the proper shape for an SUV, btu then your ladder trucks blow me away.

The one with the ladder fitting in the middle is cool.

Then the lift truck is even better. I love how far it reachs up, plus all the details and accessories you have on all these vehicles make them a very cool MOC set.

Thank you very much , i love too how far the lift truck reachs, the unit 3 is cool too.

thank again

regards

They all look great, but my favorite is the VTR:2. It looks pretty sweet :thumbup: .

unit 2 is part of a long project, that i hope be able to finish this year.

thanks regards Rodrigo

What a nice ammount of nicely designed verhicles!

Some of them show almost no difference with the real ones here in Holland. :thumbup:

Nice job!

Thanks, i have the opportunity to know your country last year, amazing.unfortunity i haven't seen any fire truck !

thanks regards

Rodrigo Laureano

That is an impressive collection of 6-wide fire vehicles. The number 2 looks cool and just like a hummer. Very nicely done.

Also the 2 big trucks are very nicely build. Good job :thumbup:

thanks i realy aprichiate

regards Rodrigo

Your MOC's are great! I particularly like the Hummer-looking vehicle and the way your support truck stores the ladders. Overall, they all are GREAT.

Model On!!

Amazing fire brigade! I love the details you gave to the firetrucks. I especcialy love the tender and the VTR2 (search and rescue).

You also provided very interesting-to-read background information about the functions and targets of these firebrigade vehicles.

Thanks for sharing these MOCs :thumbup: .

Fantastic vehicles you have there, would it be possible for you to show us how you created the vtr2 as I would love to have one in Bricklingston

Thanks for your post Ralph, i realy agree with every think !

I biuld this moc in 7 days, 5 hours a day, i was in vacations! unit 1 e 2 was already biulded in oder colors, i only have to rebiuld to fit the fire helmet.

With the exceptions of unit 4, i don't make any research of reals fire trucks, i research the amazing, fantastic and a reference work of Steven Asbury! After, i try to biuld and invent new desings, they aren't replicas !

Sometimes i biuld Lego trying to make a replica, like yours contrutions, big fan by the way, some times a try to create something new, in fire brigade units 3 and 4 were one of this cases!

I will try to change my wheels scale in futures mocs, the annoy me too!

Again i realy aprichiate your post

thanks

regards

Rodrigo Laureano

Wow, people agreeing with everything I write doesn't happen every day :laugh:

I build reasonably quickly, but even a minifig scale fire engine that is fairly closely based on real engines usually takes me a few days. My Rescue pumper alone probably took close to 15 hours to complete. You build quickly.

Cheers,

Ralph

Really nice vehicles, I think a lot have been said with regard to big wheel, and I am not going to stress any more on that

Both jeeps look nice, I think i will reference these if not copy them ;)

The unit 3 really caught my attention. How did paint the "3" on the roof ?? The thing I impress the most is how you store the ladder, great mechanism. I would have just stick it on the roof if it was up to me, it really is a clever mechanism

Unit 4 is equally well built, is nice to see people are making Hydraulic platform. Judging by the amount of Technic pieces you have up there, I presume this will be a very strong hydraulic platform, I would suggest to make a bigger platform for 2 or more firemen

The only thing I was disappointed with unit 5 is the lack of lightbar, it may be obvious it is an fire engine, but just a bit without warning light/flashing light

Look forward to your future MOC