Sign in to follow this  
DarthPineapple

Hammerhead Class Assault Frigate

gallery_101_23_281.gif

4263162362_61677dd3bd.jpg

Republic ship designers had to design a ship which was able to breach through blockades. They got inspiration from the Hammerhead ship used by the Old Republic. A so-called group of 4 frigates was able to destroy 1 Lucrehulk. They are basically a flying aircraft base, as it has 2 enormous hangars. This ship was purely meant for breaching through blockades. It only has 1 Battalion (576 troops) to defend the ship and board enemy ships. It's main gunnery are 4 huge guns under the bridge and 8 smaller guns on top and below the hangar.

Measuring roughly 70 by 30 studs, this is my biggest creation to date. :)

Gallery

med_gallery_101_15_132169.jpg

med_gallery_101_15_157570.jpg

Deeplink more as folder isn't public and I am not going to frontpage a single picture with two fighters and a moon.

Deeplink more as folder isn't public and I am not going to frontpage a single picture with two fighters and a moon.

Those are the only pictures I have of the entire ship.

Those are the only pictures I have of the entire ship.

Thanks.

Deeplinked, resized and frontpaged.

Thanks for sharing your work with us :thumbup:

It looks very good. :thumbup:

Is there any interior? I'd love to see more of it!

Also, what's the front and what's the back? I can't seem to work it out. :tongue:

It looks very good. :thumbup:

Is there any interior? I'd love to see more of it!

Also, what's the front and what's the back? I can't seem to work it out. :tongue:

Nope no interior, it'd be too complicated anyway. The inside is full of technic beams. The trans-clear pieces in the front (left) is the bridge.

Thanks KimT, first time a MOC of mine gets FP'd. :classic:

Well, it's fully deserved.

You did a good jon with this one :thumbup:

cool,good attention to detail, could you post a link to wokkiepedia of the actual ship?

Hello!

It's a great ship! :classic: It's a good idea that the Old Republic revived the hammerhead design. I can imagine it's a capable blockade breaker. The forward-mounted heavy turbolaser turrets leave no doubt that it will shoot its way through. :classic:

cool,good attention to detail, could you post a link to wokkiepedia of the actual ship?

There only exists a similar design which was popular several thousand years ago during the Sith Wars. They appear in several of the Knight of the Old Republilc (KOTOR) comics and the related computer game. Here's a link from Wookiepedia: Hammerhead Cruiser from KOTOR

But as you can see, it's quite different from what DarthPineapple built, even the actual hammerhead is different. It's a complete new class of starship he invented. And it's great! :sweet:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Edited by Legostein

I just love the engines the look really cool. I like the shape is really unique to the ship.

Congrats on your work and getting it frontpaged! :cry_happy:

This is quite a unique shape for a ship ! i quite like it. I also think the ship would of worked if the back was the front and the front was back as a good design to :tongue:

at any rate, good job on this one ! very clever :thumbup:

The size of the ship is very impressive. I'd love to see more shots of the interior, if there is one.

Not bad at all 'DarthPineapple', great MOC you have there ! :vader:

Interesting front end with it weapons mounted on the sides of yes a pretty dam big hammer head ! :sweet::grin::laugh:

Great work 'DarthPineapple' - I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Very nice ship design, with obvious influences of the Old Republic Hammerhead frigate, yet still very much a design of its own.

How big is it supposed to be, or is it maybe to scale with some other model?

And by the way: There is another ship with the "hammerhead"-front: the Scythe-class main battle cruiser, used by the new Republic about 130 years after Ep. IV. It seems that shape is a recurring design element in spaceships.