Admiral Croissant

New Update French frigate 'Vesta'

In the picture you made for me I can not see that actually move the rudder?

No it doesn't really work:( but I wanted to show you that there are ropes around it because you had asked that last time.

Well Admiral, she is a beauty!

My favorite shot would have to be the one of the captain's cabin. I like how you made such a small space look big. And of course the cannon is a nice and realistic touch which we don't get to see very often on ships at this scale.

Excellent work on your rigging! Using multiple kinds of string to add more realism to the ship is a nice touch as are the mastheads.

I'll be keeping a close eye on this ship.

Keep up the good work Admiral! :thumbup:

Hi Admiral Croissant,

What a great update! I really love all the little details you put on there already. :pir-classic:

I was wondering how the masts are looking in real life now that the rigging is on.

The captain's cabin looks really cool with all the nice interior detailing.

Have you considered using 1x1 black and white tiles for the floor?

Kind regards,

Teddy

Have you considered using 1x1 black and white tiles for the floor?

Yes, first I have made it with tiles but then it became hard to place furniture and minifigs in it, and since I don't use a lot of tiles for the decks anyway, I decided to do it with plates.

I was wondering how the masts are looking in real life now that the rigging is on

Well, I only did the rigging on 1 mast, so the rest still has to be done, I will show it when it's ready.

I haven't posted any pictures of the Vesta for quite a long time.

But in the meantime I worked a lot on the ship so it won't take very long anymore before it's finished.

Still, I'd like to share some of the latest pictures I made, so here they are:

nykles_boat_3.jpg

As usual, first an overall look. The yellow line is still a bit too sharp-edged in the front IMO, I'll work on that later.

nykles_boat_4.jpg

A close-up of the rigging, with one of my new grey anchors :pir-sweet:

boot4.jpg

boot5.jpgboot6.jpg

Just like all the other sails, these ones 'work' too as you can see here.

Note: I have changed the sails between the main- and foremast now, so on these pictures you don't see those sails as they currently are.

Thanks for watching! :pir-classic:

:pir-wub::pir-wub:

Wow Admiral! That is an amazing piece of work you've got there! The rigging turned out being perfect! :thumbup:

Can't wait to see it in real, and see her on display at Legoworld! :pir-wink:

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Without a doubt!

Can't believe I haven't commented on this before. This is a great ship. I like everything you've done here, truly a creation to be proud of!

This is absolutely amazing admiral! So much detail!!! the only thing is have you considered brick built anchors, and top gallant sails? I didn't think that frigates had four sails on the mainmast and the foremast. otherwise, great work!

Not being a pirates-man myself, I can't help but to be completely overwhelmed by this MOC. Beautiful details, not to ostentatious, the right curves....

:pir-sweet:

That Sir, is outstanding....!!!

The details all around and the sails pushing that ship, to an amazing level of reality. :pir-cry_happy:

Amazing ship! I can't see a single thing I don't like.

The sails and rigging looks so realistic!

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for all the positive comments guys! :pir-classic:

...the only thing is have you considered brick built anchors?

I have considered brickbuilt anchors, but the prefab ones are the right size and on this size it's difficult to make good brickbuilt ones.

...and top gallant sails? I didn't think that frigates had four sails on the mainmast and the foremast.

It has top gallant sails. In fact, a lot of frigates had 4 sails on the main- and foremast, some had even 5, like this lovely frigate:Click here(USS Congress)

Great work Croissant, you have really done a beautiful job on this ship :thumbup:

Beautiful peace of work Admiral!!

I'm impressed with those last few pictures. I love a ship under full sail!

Will there be other ships like this in the future? Perhaps a two-decker? imperialguard_commander1.gif

Keep up the good work,

Errorist

Wow Croissant, what an amazing update! I'm particularly impressed by the use of different string in different colour, width etc. Very effective. Your sails also look great, and the small details are perfect. You are a fantastic shipbuilder, and Vesta is more than worthy of its place in the EB French fleet.:pir-classic:

Will there be other ships like this in the future? Perhaps a two-decker? imperialguard_commander1.gif

Yes a two-decker is a possibility. I'm thinking of building this ship (click here, it's the ship in the middle) in minifig scale with capt. Blackmoor.

But we also have some other ships in mind. A two-decker is certainly a good possibility.