Sign in to follow this  
badboytje88

Siblings Of the Sea Orphanage

thindexedgif.gif186D

4278666256_51c559e73e_b.jpg

As you can see some of the naughty ungratefull kids try to run away from the orphanage. Luckly the Nuns know just the way to get them back inside.

4277919073_02accbb32a_b.jpg

4277918883_23d05f6812_b.jpg

We continue with a back view of the Orphanage

4278666516_1326577eb7_b.jpg

Here you can see Father McBrickbeards office where he counts his money, due to lack of space his office also functions as kitchen.

4278666736_7bc233ef1b_b.jpg

These two kids were locked upstairs for trying to run away, looks like they'll get some company soon.

4277920341_a790a63404_b.jpg

All the inhabitants of Siblings Ofthe Sea, some weren't in previous pictures due to the fact that they were locked up in the basement.

4259189901_489be27597_b.jpg

Last but not least, the birds eye view shot.

4277920501_56d7c8e3c5_b.jpg

Thanks for viewing my MOC, please be so kind and post some feedback.

Bart

Edited by Big Cam
indexed

Really nice selection of figs, I especially like the skeleton child.

I too often start with the figs, before the main build.

An orphanage is something I've often thought about building, in classic Victorian style, so maybe your MOC will give me some pointers when the time comes :wink:

Looking forward to this, and all the other, CPCB entries!

4262733327_cdaf0d453c_b.jpg

It needs some work. I'm finding it very difficult to creat an entire building on a 16 x 16 base plate... I might do a biggger orphanage when I'm ready with this small one.

Thanks for your comments guys

I love it so far, and above all I can't wait to see why the majority of the orphans look so terrified! A sea monster, p'rhaps? :pir-look:

My favorite orphan, by the way, is the one with the blue jacket and the sad Jester face. This is a grat head that I hope to use a lot, should I ever become a brick comic maker or brick filmer.

Great work so far, can't wait to see the final version!

That is one sick orphanage. :pir-skull: I mean look at those kids. They look terrified. :pir-oh: Although looking at the people in charge I really can't blame them. :pir-devil: Is this a state-approved orphanage? Ok, Ill quite. :pir-tongue: Actually I like all of the personality that you put into the characters. They look really nice. Can't wait to see it finnished. :pir-classic:

That is one sick orphanage. :pir-skull: I mean look at those kids. They look terrified. :pir-oh: Although looking at the people in charge I really can't blame them. :pir-devil: Is this a state-approved orphanage? Ok, Ill quite. :pir-tongue: Actually I like all of the personality that you put into the characters. They look really nice. Can't wait to see it finnished. :pir-classic:

Congratulations! You are the first one to find out that there is something fishy about the staff of the Orphanage! They are actually pirates kidnapping kids and selling them to ritch peoples as slaves. I plan on finishing this MOC this weak, or next weekend. Im still not sure how to put all those figs in but I

Edited by badboytje88

This MOC looks promising so far. I like the gates to the house and the sad colours.

Your minifigures are great as well, the nuns look really scary.

Once I saw them, I immediately knew the story behind it :pir_laugh2: It's a good way to start with a MOC.

Edited by Admiral Croissant

Good MOC! :thumbup:

I dont see how you can fit all those figs without ripping your hair out! :pir_laugh2::pir-tongue:

Well, I'm starting to develope some bald spots due to stress. There are actually two hinge plates in the wall around the square, so it can open up. I think I'll be putting some figs off the baseplate.

Thanks for all the comments guys.

If your running out of space just make it 2 or 3 stories, there's no limit on how high it can be.

It looks good, I really like the color.

Your orphanage is coming along well! The sand green roof works really well here.

I dont see how you can fit all those figs without ripping your hair out! :pir_laugh2::pir-tongue:

Think sardines.

4274086191_0a8f446511_b.jpg

I've made the wall a little bit highter and added cheese slopes for that prisonish feel. I added some hight in the sand on the ground. The first floor now has a tiled floor and I added some stones to the sandy ground. The wall hinges open for a better view and more playability.

Next: Interior and adding the figs.

Nice. I really like the weathered look of the walls. The rusty chain and the messy, sandy 'playground' also add to this look. The inhabitants will be cramped in there...

I'm always excited to see fresh ideas for MOCs. At least I have never seen an orphanage MOC, let alone one with a pirate theme.

The figs are all great, you obviously have a wide selection of parts to choose from. The baby girl is adorable, I never thought to use the witch's one-toothed face in that context!

I love how gloomy and gritty the whole ambience of the MOC is, starting from the more than dubious people running it to the rusty chains holding the gate shut.

I can't wait to see what kind of an interior you'll make for the poor children! I can foretell, however, that you'll have a bit of trouble to place all those figs into that tiny house. So why not make a bigger one? :tongue:

I love your orphanage! If it could be bigger it would have been even better, but a Community Build is supposed to be open to each and every member and not everyone has a large collection enough to build something huge.

Great background story too :pir-laugh: .

Thanks for the comments guys!

I can foretell, however, that you'll have a bit of trouble to place all those figs into that tiny house. So why not make a bigger one? :tongue:
I love your orphanage! If it could be bigger it would have been even better, but a Community Build is supposed to be open to each and every member and not everyone has a large collection enough to build something huge.

Great background story too :pir-laugh: .

I know I'm not going to be able to fit every fig in there, so some will be placed outside of the MOC and off the baseplate. I would love to make a bigger one, but the size restriction tells me it needs to be build on a 16x16 base plate. I could make the building higher, but that would reduce the realism, since buildings back then weren't that high... I could also use the full 16x16 base plate for the whole house instead of the little garden in front of the orphanage, but that would mean that the wall/fence would have to go, and I have a little surprise written in the sand with rocks. You'll find out soon enough!

Bart

and I have a little surprise written in the sand with rocks. You'll find out soon enough!

I wonder who is going to read that... :pir-wink:

GOD ofcourse! :tongue:

Or maybee the same big eagle which rescued Gandalf or or, well you know kids with their silly imagination!

Edited by badboytje88

I think you've pulled this off really well. I love the stove, the washing upstairs, and the SOS! :pir_laugh2: The whole atmosphere is great - I thought you'd go for the gloomy victorian orphanage style, but you've gone for the macabre orphans-escaping type, which is even better! :thumbup:

Father McBrickbeard is legendary.

Now, an Orphanage Edge wouldn't have gone amiss, like a chain or handcuffs in the corner downstairs... :pir-devil: