Sign in to follow this  
501st Commando

Assault on Endor

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

This is another OT scene I have decided to build for a contest. It was a fun build. Now for details on the build. The AT-ST is custom, and it can fit two figs just like the movie! When I started to build this I wanted the AT-ST minifig scale, and playable. To do this I knew the head would be difficult, because of the shape, but I found a way that worked. The head alone took 5 hours, and the legs took about an hour. Along the way I ran into one problem. Keeping the head up. I decided technic legs would be the best bet, so the legs ended up technic ( I wanted to avoid technic legs). In the end I think it came out well. Comments are welcome!

Main pic.

cabg_238.jpg

Taking over an AT-ST.

cabg_233.jpg

The ground.

cabg_239.jpg

The 8038 AT-ST next to my AT-ST.

cabg_235.jpg

The interior fits two pilots ( I have no AT-ST pilots, so I used officers).

cabg_236.jpg

I made the AT-ST playable, so the head opens in many directions.

cabg_237.jpg

Enjoy!

Edited by KimT

Very nicely done, the larger head looks great. i love the diorama feel it has to it, with the grass you have so beautifully cvreated.

Kudo's on the time spent toget that AT-ST the way you want it!

Nice job 501st Commando! :thumbup:

The AT-ST is really nice! :wub: I like the idea of the head being playable. :thumbup:

The ground is nice aswell.

Good luck in your contest!

CommanderFox

Hello!

The fold-up cockpit is a really good invention! :classic:

If you don't mind I'd like to suggest to improve the trees a bit. This would really be an enrichment for the nice diorama. They currently look kind of hacked off at the top. :wink:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

The AT-ST is nicely modified.

Your trees are a little barren as mentioned and here's my usual rant on all MOCs :blush:

The baseplate needs something in my opinion.

I can't stand baseplates and having one with flowers and trees doesn't cover the fact that it's just a baseplate.

I suggest adding plates in up to 3 layers - that would also allow you to make the ground look more real.

The baseplate has that 'flat' look to it.

Of course the above is only suggestions and it's your MOC :classic:

Still I'd call it a great start for an awesome little diorama.

"Keep on truckin'!"

Good one '501st Commando' love that AT-ST of yours :wub: , also the battleground looks good too, they can both hide from one other. :grin::yoda:

Excellent job on the interior and playablity of the AT-ST (a bit better than the one in the Battle of Endor set). :yoda:

'Please sie I want some more ?' Oliver - Oliver Twist :sweet:

The AT ST looks great and I like how it has two seats unlike the official one. I feel you need to improve on your scenery to make the moc more spectacular.

Great work

Update. Added more to the ground.

So I truly liked it before but I musty say this is a great improvement. I never realized how much the grass makes a difference. :thumbup: