Badsneaker

MOC: Green Grocer Style Boutique & Apartment

I recently built this lime green/yellow/medium blue/tan boutique and apartment house. It doesn't have a finished interior.

2549057060101579773S500x500Q85.jpg

2868900220101579773S500x500Q85.jpg

2374993940101579773S500x500Q85.jpg

2802084130101579773S500x500Q85.jpg

Shown here in my ever-changing city layout:

2893288480101579773S500x500Q85.jpg

Comments, criticism, and feedback welcome as usual!

BRAVO! :thumbup: Nice techniques and color scheme, the backyard as the boutique entrance are really interesting. Looking forward for an interior I'm pretty sure would be great :wink:

Great work Badsneaker!

I was deceived in the beggining since I thought that it was shorter than the other modulars. :wacko:

Nice colour scheme (although I'm not a fan of lime green) and I also like the colours you've used for the pavement. These two colours look great together in my opinion.

The entrance is great and the vitrine looks very realistic. :thumbup:

Thanks for the pictures! :classic:

Nicely done! I like the color scheme... A while back I tried to do a building with lime green and medium blue myself, but I ended up scrapping it.

The mix of these 'unconvential' colors actually works surprisingly well. The bottom and top floors are my favorite.

I like the architecture and the building design. I'm not sure I like the lime green, light blue and yellow. They're a bit bright and a little too much with all three together. But it is a lot better than I would have expected when using those colors.

And, its already started to grow on me...

Steve

Like everyone has mentioned, it is an immediate assault of colour, yet after a bit it rewards a closer look at all the details and is quite nicely designed :thumbup: Lime green is growing on me as a colour, though it just feel like a bit too much on this beautiful creation. The little architectural pieces are nicely done.

Cheers

ISC

The colour combo really doesn't work IMO. I'd suggest sticking to a single accent colour. The whole building looks a bit incoherent because of the wide variety of colours. If you do want two accent colours, make sure they look good together. Lime green and yellow isn't too bad. Yellow and medium blue is OK. Lime green and medium blue is an acquired taste. Lime green, medium blue and yellow is an atrocity :sick: Sorry.

Could you replace the medium blue with a more neutral colour? Perhaps tan?

Ralph

Thanks for everyones comments. I usually try to stick with 2 color schemes, like these:

2715475490101579773S500x500Q85.jpg

2589291920101579773S500x500Q85.jpg

2348549770101579773S500x500Q85.jpg

2609095760101579773S500x500Q85.jpg

2591900600101579773S500x500Q85.jpg

I figured I would try something different on this.

I quite (surprisingly!) like the mix of lime and medium blue - surprising since neither are amongst my favourite colours.

This kind of building reminds me of suburbs like Newtown in Sydney or parts of Melbourne where areas that have fallen into genteel decay have been reclaimed by the 2nd hand market who paint the lower levels in loud colours! :tongue:

I don't know about the dark bley roof. It can be hard with limited rooftiles but if you have the parts even a dark blue scheme might work better overall. Dark bley is just... so bley!

I really like the clock decoration above the door too :thumbup:

I quite (surprisingly!) like the mix of lime and medium blue - surprising since neither are amongst my favourite colours.

This kind of building reminds me of suburbs like Newtown in Sydney or parts of Melbourne where areas that have fallen into genteel decay have been reclaimed by the 2nd hand market who paint the lower levels in loud colours! :sing:

I don't know about the dark bley roof. It can be hard with limited rooftiles but if you have the parts even a dark blue scheme might work better overall. Dark bley is just... so bley!

I really like the clock decoration above the door too :thumbup:

Thanks Svelte-you may have a point-this building I actually sold to a woman in Newborough Victoria. Maybe they have buildings like that there!

Excellent work! While I wouldn't have personally chose the colour scheme you did, it really paid off, and I can certainly imagine an actual boutique to have these colours. Oh and love the little alleyway, it adds such character to the building :)

Good work. I think the colours would get the building noticed and maybe bring customers to the boutique.

AWESOME looking modular buildings 'Badsneaker' !!!! :sweet::grin::laugh:

I too can not wait to see the interior to the first one posted today ! :grin:

Fantastic work on design and colouring ! :grin:

'Please sir I want some more' Oliver - Oliver Twist :sweet:

Wow nice MOC. I am in the process of building my green grocer so I can begin to really appreciate the thought and effort into modular buildings. With that I am sure this was an expensive building too! I built a lime car and it cost me a lot more than other colors since lime is so dispursed and uncommon compared to other colors.