cavegod

UCS AT-AT

Dragging an old thread back to life i have been messing with my photo's to better show my mocs so what do you think of the first one i have edited?

5596272330_247afa32e6_z.jpg

Not a bad job, cavegod. I see some fragments of background around the AT-AT, but it's not that bad at this size. I would've edited in or kept a shadow to make it more realistic, though.

EDIT: AT-AT, not AT-TE.

Edited by Brickdoctor

I see some fragments of background around the AT-TE.

HaHa.

No it looks great cavegod very intimidating, it does show off a MOC better with no background.

HaHa.

No it looks great cavegod very intimidating, it does show off a MOC better with no background.

yeah if only there was an outline tool that would cut the model out of the picture. would make it so much quicker to edit!

yeah if only there was an outline tool that would cut the model out of the picture. would make it so much quicker to edit!

With photoshop you could use the magic wand and inverse selection to delete the background.

I have to use the line and eraser tools on MS paint, as I don't have any other photo editing software.

HaHa.

Oops. :blush:

Magic wand is available in a variety of freeware programs, but it's nowhere near as good as the Photoshop one, and you need a consistently colored background. If I remember correctly, this pic included wall, something wooden the walker was on, and bits of other things.

Magic wand is available in a variety of freeware programs, but it's nowhere near as good as the Photoshop one, and you need a consistently colored background. If I remember correctly, this pic included wall, something wooden the walker was on, and bits of other things.

Disagree... for anything people do on Eurobricks, GIMP is more than good enough and most of the tools function identically to photoshop.

I'm not saying GIMP can compete with photoshop for high end applications (like if you're a visual designer or designing things for print), but for something like the magic wand it's very nearly identical.

Disagree... for anything people do on Eurobricks, GIMP is more than good enough and most of the tools function identically to photoshop.

Well I was mainly talking about selecting really bad backgrounds, like in def's tutorial where he used a green and white blanket for a backdrop. Although I agree, most of the members here would probably never need that.

And admittedly, I've never tried GIMP, although I've seen screenshots of people using it before.

Just to let you lot know if you don't check the events pages, i will be displaying my UCS MOC's at the AFOLCON at the Museum of Science and Industry in Manchester, England from April 28th- 2nd May. I f you do go say hello! :classic:

Man... You left me speechless !! :sweet:

From the first time I saw the AT-AT I loved it, and you've put it to bricks !

Unfortunately, I can't come to AFOLCON , but I do take of my hat to you Sir !! :laugh:

I'm not saying GIMP can compete with photoshop for high end applications (like if you're a visual designer or designing things for print), but for something like the magic wand it's very nearly identical.

Completely agree! GIMP is great for editing pictures (if you know how to do it) but it also works great for decals, it may take a little longer, but it is cheaper and easier.

From the first time I saw the AT-AT I loved it, and you've put it to bricks !

Actually, he based it off Rocko's... though that doesn't make it any less stunning.

Cavegod I heard that when you made the UCS AT-AT you already had most of the parts right? What sets did you use to create this monster? I would have guessed you used parts from the UCS millennium Falcon and the UCS imperial Star destroyer am I right? Also, could you please post close-up pictures of the AT-AT's framing technic pieces of the body. I think the framing of the body would be the hardest part of the building process. I have the feet and legs figured out, but I fear I will have big problems doing the head and body. I haven't started it yet because I only have aboud 200 gray costom legos that aren't from sets. I have many Star wars sets but only 2 UCS sets The Imperial Shuttle, and the AT-ST, which as you know for me right now it's impossible to make a UCS AT-AT. I know you get some pieces from bricklink but, when I don't have enough pieces to atleast experiment with, I dont have a clue of what to buy. You should get the LEGO team on board with your idea. They might make the AT-AT an offical set to the star wars theme. P.S. if you know of any good virtual lego designing programs besides Lego digital designer, please let me know. It's impossible to virtually buld a UCS AT-AT with LDD. They have a very "sad" selection of technic pieces which are essential. Please respond. Thank You.

Cavegod I heard that when you made the UCS AT-AT you already had most of the parts right? What sets did you use to create this monster? I would have guessed you used parts from the UCS millennium Falcon and the UCS imperial Star destroyer am I right? Also, could you please post close-up pictures of the AT-AT's framing technic pieces of the body. I think the framing of the body would be the hardest part of the building process. I have the feet and legs figured out, but I fear I will have big problems doing the head and body. I haven't started it yet because I only have aboud 200 gray costom legos that aren't from sets. I have many Star wars sets but only 2 UCS sets The Imperial Shuttle, and the AT-ST, which as you know for me right now it's impossible to make a UCS AT-AT. I know you get some pieces from bricklink but, when I don't have enough pieces to atleast experiment with, I dont have a clue of what to buy. You should get the LEGO team on board with your idea. They might make the AT-AT an offical set to the star wars theme. P.S. if you know of any good virtual lego designing programs besides Lego digital designer, please let me know. It's impossible to virtually buld a UCS AT-AT with LDD. They have a very "sad" selection of technic pieces which are essential. Please respond. Thank You.

Hi, thanks for the interest, no UCS sets where harmed in the making of the AT-AT as all parts where from Bricklink. Strangley enough i was talking to the Lego Design team the other day but alas an At-AT of this size would be around $2000, they did say that it is more detailed and a little larger than the miniland At-AT's!

As for the framing that was the easy part, if you look back in this thread you will see pictures of the frame.

Cavegod, if you're still out there. If I'm able I would surely try to build this model. althoug it will cost me an arm and a leg. But the only thing currently holding me back are the stability issues...

Are they resolved in this version or is it still a pain in the *ss to keep it up straight... Because I have a little girl of 1,5 years old here... Well who probably wants to touch it sometimes... (Not shake it) but still... Will be awefull if I need to

pick it up every evening and put it back together :P

Thanks in advance,

K

CG is still around, but is easier to message on his Flikr account. He informed me that stability is less of a problem if you use the technic wheels modification for the feet. Having said that, there are several AT-AT MOCs ongoing at the moment that show a lot of promise, so I'm holding off until I can compare the results.

Ok thank you, and well I'm not that patient and this is at the moment one of the most beautiful arround. I've just contacted CG so hopefully he can help me a bit. Would be awesome... Since this won't be the easiest build arround either ^^

Also I can't seem to find the bottom dishes (I think they're 4x4 or 3x3) with the AT-AT patterns? Anyone has a link to them?

Thanks

Edited by KillerRu