cavegod

UCS AT-AT

Wait, you're not happy with the sides? I think they look incredible.

Things are really coming along well, cavegod. I love the back end. I can't wait to see the finished product.

what i meant was the rear of each side as in the sloped cheese slice or brick i've gone with the cheese wedges :thumbup:

Jammiedoger:

the studio scale model has sloped pieces in these spots but lego don't make them in light bluish grey yet but when they do i will swap them, but to be honest it needs some contrast in it otherwise it would be just a 6000 piece grey block.

K_peek:

i have nearly finished the rear roof and the vents on the front middle, infact hold on i'll take a few pictures.

well a few more pics of progress.

the rear roof

P3080070.jpg

the front roof

P3080069.jpg

a couple of overhead shots

P3080071.jpg

P3080072.jpg

and a size comp with the UCS Tie X1

P3080073.jpg

thats al for now.

I think a minifig would be a better choice, not all of us have UCS TIEs!

The overall appearance is excellent! The bricks and slopes give a SNOT look very good, but I suppose that the weight will keep on increasing, doesn´t it?

Will you be able to put minifigs and speeder bikes inside?

Bye!

This is very good cavegod.

I am really curious how this will look after you are done completley.

There is going to be an interior, right? Do you have a rough time plan when it will be done?

nope sorry no interior will be just too heavy!

i will dig a lego spaceman out of the boxes and stand him ontop of it.

also minifigs are the wrong size and also the right size for this AT-AT scale. :sceptic:

Ok mini fig comparison pics, can you spot little Annie??

P3090076.jpg

P3090075.jpg

I think i am going to change the toes as the studio models seem flatter so got to dig out 32 wedge 3 x 1 plates and 32 4 x 1 wedge plates and see how that looks.

Edited by cavegod

Ok mini fig comparison pics, can you spot little Annie??

No, I just see a huge AT-AT :wink:

The size of it is tremendous, as is the brick count already.

I think i am going to change the toes as the studio models seem flatter so got to dig out 32 wedge 3 x 1 plates and 32 4 x 1 wedge plates and see how that looks.

If you want it to be exactly like in the movies and are redoing the toes, you could also make the toes move a little like in the movies.

Well done so far :thumbup:

No, I just see a huge AT-AT :wink:

The size of it is tremendous, as is the brick count already.

If you want it to be exactly like in the movies and are redoing the toes, you could also make the toes move a little like in the movies.

Well done so far :thumbup:

the toes do move up and down already :thumbup:

I see what you mean cavegod.

To be honest, I can barely notice them on such a huge, detailed, super vehicle such as this.

I love the greebles! :cry_happy:

Now, put Ani under the foot! :laugh:

Wow, this looks awesome. Great work, can't wait to see it finished!

Nice! Does this baby open up? Or did you decide to forgo the inside bit? Either way, nicely made.

the only instructions would be don't do it your life will end and you will spend hours on bricklink and in a dark room full of lego! still good fun though :tongue:

sorry no instructions you can build it easy enough from the pictures.

Looking at the scale I not sure it's UCS. I think It's just correctly scaled to mini figs, since the head looks wide enough to hold two drivers side-by-side.

Looking at the scale I not sure it's UCS. I think It's just correctly scaled to mini figs, since the head looks wide enough to hold two drivers side-by-side.

UCS is not a specific scale, its a reference to the fact that the model's details and realism are more important that it being a playset. For example, the UCS Deathstar 2 is roughly the same scale as the deathstar playset; and the UCS Tantive IV is not the same scale as the UCS XWing.

While this could be a playset, its not in the same way that the UCS Tie Advanced is scaled to where it could be a playset, but is not.

Edited by gotoAndLego

UCS is not a specific scale, its a reference to the fact that the model's details and realism are more important that it being a playset. For example, the UCS Deathstar 2 is roughly the same scale as the deathstar playset; and the UCS Tantive IV is not the same scale as the UCS XWing.

While this could be a playset, its not in the same way that the UCS Tie Advanced is scaled to where it could be a playset, but is not.

What an excellent definition for what constitutes a UCS model. I'm going to have to save the link to this thread now, for when future UCS discussions break out.

What an excellent definition for what constitutes a UCS model. I'm going to have to save the link to this thread now, for when future UCS discussions break out.

What muddied the waters even further was that the Naboo fighter was only called UCS because it had chrome pieces and a stand.

Can't say I argue with you there.

I've only looked at the instructions for the UCS N-1 Fighter, but I thought that there were slight differences between the system build and the UCS build (chrome parts excepted). I could be wrong, it's been a long while.

It's not like building the N-1 is going to allow greater detail anyway. The ship is pretty sleek, with little area for greebles to give it that UCSness. Though it was a pretty cheap introduction into the UCS line (wasn't it the least costly of UCS sets?).

i think it worked out to 100 real feet tall if i scaled it up for minifig,which is too by 8m as i think the best size is that the atat is 25m tall and 30m long,

you could fit 3-4 minifigs side by side in the head.

What muddied the waters even further was that the Naboo fighter was only called UCS because it had chrome pieces and a stand.

Can't say that I agree :sceptic:

The design of the N1 is not compromised by the necessity of including a minifig (R2's head doesn't count) or for that matter including any playability. It simply attempts to capture the sleek lines of the original TPM ship in Lego. That's no different to the UCS X-Wing, Interceptor, Y-Wing, Star Destroyer etc. It just happens to be small, pretty and packed full of special pieces....

Wow, it is impressive!

Regarding the size, there are many different sizes for the AT AT. Many say that it is 20,22,25,30 metres tall.

It is not a fixed size, I think.

For example I used a size comparing Luke´s climbing the AT AT and getting to a size of about 25 metres (a bit more)

(supposing that a stormtrooper is 1,85 metres tall and the minifig is 4,25 cms tall; my AT AT is 58 cms tall). If a stormtrooper is taller than 1,85 metres, better for me, the AT AT could measure even 26 metres.

It is easy to find documents that say the AT AT is even smaller

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/All_Terrain_Armored_Transport 22,5 metres tall

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walker_%28Sta...ort_.28AT-AT.29 says that they may be from 15 to 22,5 metres.

In my opinion, any lego AT AT which tries to be minifig-scale should measure, at least, 25 metres "in the real".

Why do I say that? I have built one that fits even more stormtroopers than a "real" AT AT should carry (47 against 42, and I have a 4-minifig cockpit) and I can fit 5 speeder bikes.

If a lego scale AT AT is smaller than mine -and I consider that my AT AT is small, it is small compared with CAVEGOD´S-, I don´t know how to fit so many stormtroopers and 5 speeder bikes to make it "real".

Your AT AT is impressive!!!!

Wow, it is impressive!

Regarding the size, there are many different sizes for the AT AT. Many say that it is 20,22,25,30 metres tall.

It is not a fixed size, I think.

For example I used a size comparing Luke´s climbing the AT AT and getting to a size of about 25 metres (a bit more)

(supposing that a stormtrooper is 1,85 metres tall and the minifig is 4,25 cms tall; my AT AT is 58 cms tall). If a stormtrooper is taller than 1,85 metres, better for me, the AT AT could measure even 26 metres.

It is easy to find documents that say the AT AT is even smaller

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/All_Terrain_Armored_Transport 22,5 metres tall

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walker_%28Sta...ort_.28AT-AT.29 says that they may be from 15 to 22,5 metres.

In my opinion, any lego AT AT which tries to be minifig-scale should measure, at least, 25 metres "in the real".

Why do I say that? I have built one that fits even more stormtroopers than a "real" AT AT should carry (47 against 42, and I have a 4-minifig cockpit) and I can fit 5 speeder bikes.

If a lego scale AT AT is smaller than mine -and I consider that my AT AT is small, it is small compared with CAVEGOD´S-, I don´t know how to fit so many stormtroopers and 5 speeder bikes to make it "real".

Your AT AT is impressive!!!!

taking into account the size of a minifig then my at-at would be 30m tall, i think the real size should be 25m tall that fits the size when luke is winching up.

its even more impressive in the flesh or plastic :classic:

Don´t care if your ATAT is "bigger" than stated in the books, you ARE proud of your moc (and we are happy for your sharing with us)

Now the next step -if it is possible-, fill the interior with stormies and bikes!!!

What you say about Luke winching, this is what I used to get an approximate size:

atatat3.jpg

Considering that Luke is about 1,8 metres tall (it is very hard to check the right size of a man with that pic) because, although he has his arms up, his legs can´t be completely extended down), the size of the AT AT is ABOUT 25 metres.

Regards!

Edited by sigpro