Bachus

MOC: Commuter train

traintech1.jpg

Because I was bored with the 7897 passenger train, I decided to use it's parts (with extra windows and roof- pieces added) to create a commuter train for my layout. This is the first version. For the front, I was inspired by one of the Hobby trains set engine. I'm not 100% satisfied yet... Your comments are welcome! :wink:

train2.jpg

train1.jpg

train3.jpg

I think it looks great, it reminds me of a monoral, with the 3 cars.

It also kind of reminds me of amtrack or a subway, which is exactly what you were going for (I think)

You also have an impressive city forming in the background.

is the train powered?

I think it looks great, it reminds me of a monoral, with the 3 cars.

It also kind of reminds me of amtrack or a subway, which is exactly what you were going for (I think)

You also have an impressive city forming in the background.

is the train powered?

Thanks. Yes, it's powered. I've used the parts of the RC Passenger train 7897

Edited by Bachus

Very nice work indeed!

The use of black on the roof really works great with red and white! I also like the front part and how the "blackness" from the roof ends up there. :thumbup:

The shape is very nice with clear lines.

I think that it was a good thing you got bored with 7897 after all! :wink:

Thanks for sharing! :classic:

Nice train, and 100% better than the set the parts originated from. The only suggestion I have is to change the two roofpieces that are grey now into black.

I got bored with the 7897 train before I even owned it so I never bothered buying it.... :laugh:

Looks good. Will look forward to seeing it once you've finished tweaking it!

I'm in the process of doing the same with my 7897. I want to get rid of the front pieces for two reasons: Firstly, they look rubbish close up and secondly because they make the train's overhangs too long which means too much space needed along the trackside!

Cheers

Rog

The only suggestion I have is to change the two roofpieces that are grey now into black.

Couldn't agree more.... otherwise it looks good :tongue:

Pretty good for a first attempt. Instantly recognised the Hobby train front ;-)

Ooh, I love this train :wub: ........Great job 'Bachus' ! :grin:

Great colour selection and design (but and it's only a little but - the two dark bluey grey 4x6 vehicle roofs - on purpose they are dark bluey grey are they - I feel black would flow prefectly).

Truely a cool city train indeed !!! :sweet::grin::laugh:

Because I was bored with the 7897 passenger train, I decided to use it's parts (with extra windows and roof- pieces added) to create a commuter train for my layout. This is the first version. For the front, I was inspired by one of the Hobby trains set engine. I'm not 100% satisfied yet... Your comments are welcome! :wink:

I really like your train, in fact it's pretty similar to an idea I've had for a while (I have a lot of white train windows I need to use).

If I were to tweak your train I'd add some grill bricks or grill tiles in the area over the battery box, as the windows seem wasted there. I'd probably convert the area ahead of it to a cargo room or an extended cab. I'd use the extra windows to extend the other two wagons, making them the same length as the powered one. You'll have to add to one or both ends of the baseplae, and because of this may need to make a longer bogie design. I'd probably also add some greebles to the roof such as air conditioning units. I've made a lot of suggestions, not because I think your Moc is lacking, but it has excited me and got my creative juices flowing.

Really nice! I agree with the ideas for modifications made above. I would also use black wheel covers instead of gray to increase the contrast. I really like the black, white and red color choice. I am looking forward to seeing any further modifications (and perhaps some more pictures :) !).

Edited by missouri_bb63

You have really made me real envy of you to own such a Passenger Train. This is so much better looking compared to the official Passenger Train and you sure did a great job out of it with your very first attempt. :thumbup:

This has been featured in Classic-Town.net.

Looking forward to your future updates if you are intending to upgrade the train front. :classic:

Nice work it is already looking fantastic.

The only have one suggestion. The right engine I like the most due to the length.

I would make the cariage and other engine to be the same length.

Say that is really good for your first MOC, actually its quite awesome :grin::thumbup:

My first Train MOC I wouldn't even have classified as a Train :tongue:

Looks really good. The video is really good.

Well Done :thumbup: