pedro

Jedi Duel - Introduction & Discussion

I hope to post my character later today and get some dueling done. :devil:

Looking forward to seeing it! I'm sure we can match you up against another determined Youngling. :wink:

Wait, Push beats Throw.

Nope. Force Push parries while simutaneously using kick. Sabre Throw defeats any attack but is blockable. In this case Sabre Throw would defeat Kick (Kick is defeated by any other attack, countered by another Kick) but is blocked by Parry.

To reiterate on the Sabre Master Mastery ability:

• Sabre Master - Unparalleled with the lightsaber, attack counters cause 1 damage to opponent. Attacks affected are: High, Mid, Low, Kick, Sabre Throw, Force Lightning and Sabre Flurry. Passive.

Because of the defensive nature of Parry, Force Push, Force Shield and Force Choke (and the fact that this ability primarily affects attacks) these are not affected by Sabre Master.

(Apologies for the double post.)

Edited by pedro

I've been busy at home working on some house improvements so haven't been active as much in the past couple of days. I have been checking out peoples duels though, and wow! Some of them have been EPIC. Thanks to everyone who's joined in so far, I hope you're all enjoying playing.

Once there's enough active players (looking at 32+) I have plans to run a Jedi Duel 'Chosen One' Contest. Jedi and Sith will be drawn against each other and lightsabers will clash to determine who the galaxies greatest champion really is!

It'll hopefully see some of the most exciting duels between some of the most formidable characters. Entrants can rank from Youngling to Master to Lord, so players might want to play several duels to give their character the best chance for survival.

To reiterate on the Sabre Master Mastery ability:

• Sabre Master - Unparalleled with the lightsaber, attack counters cause 1 damage to opponent. Attacks affected are: High, Mid, Low, Kick, Sabre Throw, Force Lightning and Sabre Flurry. Passive.

Because of the defensive nature of Parry, Force Push, Force Shield and Force Choke (and the fact that this ability primarily affects attacks) these are not affected by Sabre Master.

(Apologies for the double post.)

Thanks for clearing this up, pedro, can you edit the first post with this so that adjudicators won't get mixed up? And please bold counters.

Thanks for clearing this up, pedro, can you edit the first post with this so that adjudicators won't get mixed up? And please bold counters.

Done! 1st post Jedi Duel rules have been updated.

The Mastery abilities add that extra layer of complexitiy to a duel so anyone adjudicating needs to have a good understanding of how they work. It's always good to have the Character Databank open while adjudicating so you can quickly reference what abilities the opponents have.

It's worth noting here too that the Endurance Mastery ability only increases a character's health by 1, it doesn't give the character the ability to regenerate/gain +1 health per round. :wink:

When the chosen one dualing process starts can we enter more than one character as I have the character below waiting to be created and if so I will train him up earlier.

100_2167.jpg

(Oh and if anyone is wondering, yes I do have other fleshie heads it is just that indys head is my favourite :classic: )

When the chosen one dualing process starts can we enter more than one character as I have the character below waiting to be created and if so I will train him up earlier.

When I open the sign-up thread for The Chosen One Tournament each player will only be allowed to enter one character. If you have more than one, you must choose which and stick with it throughout the tournament.

Anyone who wants to enter the upcoming tournament must have at least one character. It is highly recommended that you play Jedi Duel to rank up your character before the tournament begins or you'll most likely find yourself going out very early!

Okay, so I've been so bored today that I decided to create this -

4309199865_7a42e3189c_o.jpg

Its a grid to help adjudicators work out battles. I haven't actually adjudicated a duel myself yet, but I tested it out using all the duels battled so far as well as the rules (of course :tongue: ) and it seems to work :classic:

The grey areas indicate a 'counter',blocked or non-scoring round. Everything else should be fairly self explanatory.

Hope it's helpful, and let me know if I've made any mistakes and I'll sort them out asap.

Kaitan

Edited by Kaitan

That's brilliant Kaitan! Thanks very much for your support in creating this. :sweet:

As far as I can see the details are spot-on. This is a great reference sheet for everyone, especially Adjudicators. I've saved off the image and will update the first post with it.

Your boredom has done wonders, nice one!

• Incidentally, there's not beem a huge presence of JD players online recently, but I'm sure it'll pick up again. As more people create characters, the larger the player base will be, the more players online at any given time and all the more Jedo Duels taking place. I'll be launching The Chosen One Tournament sign-up in a few days and am hoping it'll unite many more Jedi and Sith from across the galaxy!

The Chosen One Tournament sign-up thread will be posted tomorrow evening GMT.

I've decided on the prizes too! It's not first come first served so don't panic - but there are some obvious sign-up conditions.

Bounty Hunter: Could you fx your character's Bio? The song/poem/thing is OK, but it'd be nice to know something about your character. :wink:

It seems it can be a bit hard getting sunchronised, or people heading offline shorlty after commiting to play. So, I suggest this:

• Decide who is dueling. Challenging, meeting a challenge or joint decision.
  • Decide who you want to adjudicate: generally this can be me or anyone else who is happy to do it. Here's the difference: they DON'T have to be online when you send the Duel Sequence.
  • PM your first round's DS to the Adjuducator. Make it clear which character your playing and against who.
  • As soon as they're back online, they'll get the PMs, post 'em and the duel can move to the next round. If the Adjudicator wants, they can PM both players to let them know their scores have been posted. Better still, players should...
  • Check back to see if how well their character is dueling and if they need to send their DS for the next round.
  • This way, several games can be played at any one time.

Simples! It makes for a slower game but I don't think that matters. From here on in send your PM's to me. Alternately If you want to volunteer to adjudicate in this type of way, post below and players can post their DS to whoever they choose.

Pedro, quick question about Saber Flurry.

Do you use it on a seperate Action in the sequence, or use it as one?

Example

High

Low

Saber Flurry- Mid

High

Low

or is it

High

Saber Flurry (On the high above)

Low

Mid

Low

Pedro, quick question about Saber Flurry.

Do you use it on a seperate Action in the sequence, or use it as one?

Example

High

Low

Saber Flurry- Mid

High

Low

The 1st instance is correct. Sabre Flurry upgrades a High, Mid or Low action, doubling it's damage.

So just to clear something up. For "the chosen one" tournament is everyone starting at youngling? Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question but Im facing Jim in the tournament :cry_sad:

So just to clear something up. For "the chosen one" tournament is everyone starting at youngling?

You wish. :laugh:

Is it to late to join this?

For the tournament, yes, but you can still join the game itself.

For the tournament, yes, but you can still join the game itself.

Okay... so should I just go ahead and make a charecter, or wait to clear it with Pedro first?

No, you can make a character whenever you want, just post it in the Character Databank thread.

So just to clear something up. For "the chosen one" tournament is everyone starting at youngling? Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question but Im facing Jim in the tournament :cry_sad:

Sorry for the delay in response - by now you'll have noticed that everyone begins at the their character's rank. You could try training your character in the Dueling Thread before your next tournament duel.

Oh aye, Jim is very experienced at this. :wink:

Is it to late to join this?
Okay... so should I just go ahead and make a charecter, or wait to clear it with Pedro first?

I'll just confirm what CallMePie has said and say: no, it's not to late to join Jedi Duel - it's an ongoing game that doesn't require sign-up. The exception to this is the Chosen One tournament which has already begun I'm afraid; and yes, anyone can make a character and join in whenever they want, all I ask is that you give them an original name, take a photo and create a Bio to let everyone know a little about their background. There are plenty of examples to look at.

I hope you enjoy playing!

Hey,

Just wanted to check player's preference on my layout of their duels. Are you all happy with me creating a single post for your duel then updating it with subsequent rounds (as I've been doing)? Or would you rather I created a new post for each round of your duels?

Or does it matter? :wink: