Sign in to follow this  
legolooney

REVIEW: 1733 Shipwrecked Pirate

thindexedgif.gif

4250463331_8d163d9a1a.jpg

Back:</b> Unfortunately the semi-circular tab has torn away a large chunk of the box but we can still see some extra model ideas including a jeti and a camp. The backgrounds shows a map.

4250463335_635d86dded.jpg

INSTRUCTIONS:

The instructions are printed both sides of one A6 sheet. It shows the 7 stages and one large picture of the set.

FRONT:

4250493991_ac22616d05_o.jpg

BACK:

4250494075_deda057a66_o.jpg

PIECES:

With a total of just 23 pieces there aren't many that really stick out. My favorite piece is of course the pirate flag.

This set does however come with one spare sword which is handy. You can never have too many swords.

4250463345_fd05216dcb.jpg

MINIFIGURE:

This set comes with just one minifigure but he's a gooden. This scurvy sea dog has great fashion sense with matching trousers and bandanna. I also really like his head, in photos of this head i have seen on the internet it looks really basic and old but the scruffy hair and stubble wouldn't look out of place on a modern minifig.

4250463347_5f728d50eb.jpg

ASSEMBLY:

This being the small set that it is, was very simple to assemble and took less than a minute. 'Nuff said

FINAL PIECE:

Well here it is, the final piece. No special features to show you and nothing you wouldn't have noticed from the Box which is fair enough, it is a small set.

4250463339_d2153d17f4.jpg

TOTALS:

Design: 9/10 With any set this size there are very few criticisms you can make on design. Maybe they should have used brown for a wooden raft?

Parts: 10/10 this may seem generous but for what it is its parts meet it perfectly and there were 2 swords.

Build: 10/10 Again no criticisms for such a tiny set and its simplicity make it buildable by any LEGO fan.

Minifigures: 10/10 Great minifig and the set only needs one character, he is shipwrecked after all.

Playability: 9/10 Because this pirate is ship wrecked the kids can play with him as he is, he doesn't need a big boat or any imperials.

Price: 8/10 I don't know the actual price of this set when it was released so i cant be too judgmental but i have found that small sets are usually overpriced.

TOTAL: 56/60 and i think it deserves that score, there aren't many pieces but there don't need to be if the child has any other LEGO he could easily make an island or a rescue party and make up a whole story.

Edited by Phred

I actually do think there are smallers sets with less pieces but your review is great. I think I might own this set?

Nice pictures, all the good info and no rubbish.

You should join the reviewers academy.

I actually do think there are smallers sets with less pieces but your review is great. I think I might own this set?

Nice pictures, all the good info and no rubbish.

You should join the reviewers academy.

thanks for the praise and yeah i was considering joing the academy but i wasn't sure what it was or how the lessons worked?

i bought a few more of the smaller sets when i bought this one because it seems they are the least reviewed.

thanks for the praise and yeah i was considering joing the academy but i wasn't sure what it was or how the lessons worked?

i bought a few more of the smaller sets when i bought this one because it seems they are the least reviewed.

Not to hijack your thread so I'll keep it real short. The Reviewers Academy helps train EB members to make stunning reviews, by completing the courses you can earn a bronze, silver, and even gold tag for completing a certain number of reviews, then once you reach the gold status you become a teacher in the academy. It's a fun program that helps keep the quality of reviews on EB in the top percentile of quality. Check out my sig if you're interested, ok now back to our regulary scheduled programming.

I would highly recommend the Academy. You already have a firm grasp on the basic structure of a review, so I think you'd do very well.

Plus, there are a lot of friendly teachers to help you out in there, no grumpy old ladies. :pir_laugh2:

This is a great review, I'll index it.

I would highly recommend the Academy. You already have a firm grasp on the basic structure of a review, so I think you'd do very well.

Plus, there are a lot of friendly teachers to help you out in there, no grumpy old ladies. :pir_laugh2:

This is a great review, I'll index it.

i'll take your word for it, i've signed up.

also thanks for the kind words and for indexing this.

After joining the Academy i re-posted this review in the Academy forum...

was that the right thing to do?

Unfortunetaly no, you cannot use a review in the academy process that you already did. So this one won't be able to count.

Check out the Lessons that are pinned at the top of the RA forum and check those out, they explain the process.

Unfortunetaly no, you cannot use a review in the academy process that you already did. So this one won't be able to count.

Check out the Lessons that are pinned at the top of the RA forum and check those out, they explain the process.

thanks for your help, i read your reply in the Academy forum as well. it makes more sense now.

Although this review wont be counted towards my Course will it be indexed in the Classic-Pirate Review index?

thanks for your help, i read your reply in the Academy forum as well. it makes more sense now.

Although this review wont be counted towards my Course will it be indexed in the Classic-Pirate Review index?

It most certainly shall, Erdy or Mr.owl should get to it shortly.

Even if reviews are'nt from the academy, they still get indexed out here.

It most certainly shall, Erdy or Mr.owl should get to it shortly.

Even if reviews are'nt from the academy, they still get indexed out here.

thanks