Siegfried

Eurobricks Target Age Group

I think the whole point was that young members, all of them that the staff are aware of are being watched closely since they originally lied. So, if you are not under their radar yet it is probably a good idea to avoid calling attention by making it way too evident you are under aged . I think it was more of post calling for these guys to be quiet and try not to be noticeable rather than a post explaining why the ones that admit their age are less honest than the ones that don't.

Edited by vexorian

Strewth! I can't believe this topic is still active...

For example, SirNadroj is a young member. He is a member of this site. Whether or not he admitted to his real age is out the question but in terms of joining he lied. Does this now place him in the "likely immature" category?

I just don't see how a member who admits their age suddenly gets watched while those you know who are young (and don't admit) aren't watched and automatically labeled likely immature.

-Omi

It's simple. Age brings maturity, and that is a fact. Some people mature fast... others don't. Some people never grow up, they just grow old. (Maturity also isn't a yes or no thing. Some people are mature about most things, but for example when sex is mentioned they act like a 10 year old. But I digress...) Thus the younger the member the more likely that they are immature. It's that simple.

So no, SirNadroj is not and never was exceptionally immature on EB, and thus he never got in trouble.

Incidentally, you're looking into what I have said too much. That quote...

We probably won't ban you for it, but it makes it clear that you lied while joining, and that's a bad way to start. Once we've noted this we then know that you're a likely immature member and you will be watched more.

...is not saying that lying is immature. It's just saying that lying when you join is a bad way to start. I apologise for the ambiguity.

My concern is the members being automatically labeled as likely immature and suddenly watched right from the get go.

-Omi

That's their choice. If you join a site that has for years been a site intended for an adult audience and you clearly say in public that you're a kid then what else should you expect?

I think the whole point was that young members, all of them that the staff are aware of are being watched closely since they originally lied. So, if you are not under their radar yet it is probably a good idea to avoid calling attention by making it way too evident you are under aged . I think it was more of post calling for these guys to be quiet and try not to be noticeable rather than a post explaining why the ones that admit their age are less honest than the ones that don't.

Bingo! :sweet:

I apologise for the ambiguity.

No worries. Just wanted a clarification since it caught my attention.

Sorry for bring this whole situation up. :P

-Omi

I am very grateful to have finally entered the acceptable age group. When I first found the site, I spent a week just reading things. There were a lot of very interesting topics with very intelligent conversations, something I've never had the chance to have with Lego. No one I know likes lego.

Hey! A bit like me... Nobody knows how into Lego I am either. I spent a long time just reading and scanning the forums too.

Edited by TeardropTrashcan

Hey! A bit like me... Nobody knows how into Lego I am either. I spent a long time just reading and scanning the forums too.

Please don't bump 2 year old topics to make a post like that. Besides, it's off topic from the original point....