Sign in to follow this  
SlyOwl

La Centinela Laguna

Another WhateverOwl classic. The idea to make docks with doors works brilliantly here. Those little stairs leading up to the tower are a really nice touch, so is the roof with the fish drying, and I just keep loving that water technique with the wizard's hat. Those green Armada doors are really standing out, ... and so is one very filthy little 1 x 2 brick :pir_laugh2:

edit: Oh and I even forgot to mention the rock formation on which the building is built, with the really nicely integrated vegetation. Those palm trees look really 'natural'.

Edited by Rick

As soon as the CCVII finished, with all your wonderful castle Mocs, you already start to build pirate !

I guess (and I hope) your goal is the master builder title again ! :pir-tongue:

Regarding this one, I really like the door made deck and the little wood stairs.

Good luck

Love the look of the docks made of doors and the ladder. The water coming out of the barrel is also a perfect look! Very nice as usual :pir-classic: .

A classic *&%^$OWL design. The hand roofs are always so cool. I'll have to try that some day. Very nice. I am going to have to go back and look at this again.

I'll go with that, it really has a lot of great techniques again, ...Owl proves himself worthy of being a MOC-expert again :pir-classic:

There are just so many things to love in this MOC!

Lets name some of them:

- The birdies,

- The palm trees,

- The 1x1 round bricks on the house,

- The small steps leading to the tower,

- The tower’s roof,

- The clothes on the clothing line,

- The wizard hat water,

- The rocks, beach and the water,

- The fireplace,

- The fishes drying on the bar roof,

- And best of all the wooden platform

Very very nice MOC!

Bart

He does! An awesome creation again, highly detailed and all kinds of new stuff. The doors as jetty for example. :thumbup:

A true Owl MOC again, constructed at a high speed again. Awesome. :pir-classic:

WOW, you should enter this inot the jolly roger contest. I was gonna do a moc like this but ur one is so much better. I would pay a lot of money for that as a set.

great work

Ow, this is very nice Owl (calling you just Owl since the prefix seems to change all of the time).

I love the beach and the tower, as well as the drying laundry :thumbup: .

Thisis an impressive Moc Sly!!

So many good details for sure that you managed to get into there.

I will just second all the things badboytje88 said.

Wow - SlyOwl

You've done it again. I must say, I am very impressed. You keep coming up with new ideas that I've never seen before. I love the dock made of large wooden doors.

I've had a couple of those doors lying around, and didn't know what to do with them, but after seing your MOC I know what to do. You inspire me very much with all your excellent ideas, and your incredible building skills

Nice creation, indeed! :thumbup: Full of clever details as usual. This time my favourites are the little stairs in the tower's wall and of course how you used that brown doors (the hook idea is genius! :pir-wink:)

BTW, about the title I suppose you wanted to say "The Sentinel Lagoon" in spanish, but remember that in Cervantes' tongue (as in many romance languages) the adjectives are always placed after the nouns, excepting in poetry where of course you can play with the sonority of the syntagmas. Sorry, but sometimes you put out the philologist in me :pir-tongue:

What a brilliant MOC SlyOwl! I literally stared at this for about 10 minutes, just scrolling up and down and every time I went back to a picture I saw something else that is so incredibly clever.

Well Done! :pir_laugh2:

A really nice one Sly, I actually contemplated building a complementary MOC to rival this. Lots of nice techniques to enrich the whole feel of the outpost. Great stuff.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, means a lot :sweet:

... and so is one very filthy little 1 x 2 brick :pir_laugh2:

Dug it up in the garden! :pir-grin: Always useful to have some yellowed and chewed bricks handy, particularly white ones.

As soon as the CCVII finished, with all your wonderful castle Mocs, you already start to build pirate !

I guess (and I hope) your goal is the master builder title again ! :pir-tongue:

Of course! :pir-wink:

Ow, this is very nice Owl (calling you just Owl since the prefix seems to change all of the time).

As does the suffix :pir-laugh:

I've had a couple of those doors lying around, and didn't know what to do with them, but after seing your MOC I know what to do. You inspire me very much with all your excellent ideas, and your incredible building skills

They're quite hard to incorporate, being 1/2 a plate thick; you could rest them on top of normal studs, and build on top of that, which would make the top of the door flush with normal plates. In this one, I had to use headlight bricks to recess the posts by 1/2 plate into the water to make it work...

BTW, about the title I suppose you wanted to say "The Sentinel Lagoon" in spanish, but remember that in Cervantes' tongue (as in many romance languages) the adjectives are always placed after the nouns, excepting in poetry where of course you can play with the sonority of the syntagmas. Sorry, but sometimes you put out the philologist in me :pir-tongue:

I kind of made up the title as I posted this... not really bothering about content/grammaticalness, just coolness :pir-laugh: I wasn't even sure whether laguna meant lagoon (I looked it up since)... :pir_laugh2: Thanks anyway, my spanish is always improving, although I don't actively learn it anymore.

Thanks anyway, my spanish is always improving, although I don't actively learn it anymore.

You're welcome :pir-wink: Anyway feel free to ask me any doubt you can have for Spanish or French titles or expressions :pir-classic:

Your work is always amazing! I really like the dock made with the doors, and the wizard's hat used for flowing water (I think I saw Piglet use that at C-C). All around it's a brilliant MOC! :pir-classic:

Thanks again everyone! :thumbup:

You're welcome :pir-wink: Anyway feel free to ask me any doubt you can have for Spanish or French titles or expressions :pir-classic:

Your work is always amazing! I really like the dock made with the doors, and the wizard's hat used for flowing water (I think I saw Piglet use that at C-C). All around it's a brilliant MOC! :pir-classic:

If you can find it any earlier than Nov. 07, let me know :pir-grin: I first produced the technique in this MOC, and, as far as I'm aware, that was the first use of it.