Sign in to follow this  
Sorien Guard

MOC: Monkey Hook Island

monkeyhook1.jpg

Taking the duo less then seriously was the first mistake.

monkeyhook2.jpg

Ignoring the Monkey with a hook for a hand climbing the outer wall with a stick of dynamite was the last mistake.

monkeyhook3.jpg

And so the moral of Monkey Hook Island will forever live on in the minds of red coats across the Spanish Main.

Because to ignore a band of pirates with guts enough to attack a fort with nothing but a tub and a gimpy monkey is stupidity at its finest.

Any pointers would be more them welcome. I realize a number of things including the photography is not the best and I was limited to what bricks I have (notice the gray stud under the imperial's foot) but none the less I'm anxious to learn.

Is that island near Stormalong Harbour or even Candy Island ? :pir_laugh2:

Very nice pirate MOC, two pirates in a tub - rub - a - dub - dub ! :pir-cry_happy:

Also that monkey is very dangerous, how do you think he has a hook for a hand eh ? :jollyroger:

Great work 'Sorien Guard' ! : :pir_laugh2:

The story does add to the image but it's such a fun scene I would ahve gotten the general idea without the story as well.

Great MOC, keep it up!

An Imperial island of this size - 'Sabre Island'-size - was really missing from the 2009 Pirates line-up. Hope we'll see a follow-up with nice modular attachments to Soldiers' Fort in 2011... Nice work!

Welcome to this forum! You have made a very funny MOC :pir-sweet: Those redcoats seem to be in a lot of trouble :pir_laugh2:

I think your pictures aren't even thát worse, they are rather good.

Keep up the good work :thumbup:

A bit busy but still a very nice MOC. I see that most parts come from the Imperial Fortress set.

This is very nice, it captures the feeling of a small, boring, outcast fort perfectly, especially considering your limited piece collection. Hook-handed monkey is genius, I may just have to steal borrow that idea. :pir-classic:

Looks good but who's side is the crocodile on?

He's on his own side. Although he would prefer the Redcoats to win, because pirates have a layer of dirt and grime on them that adds some nice seasoning.

A bit busy but still a very nice MOC. I see that most parts come from the Imperial Fortress set.
Yeah I've just got back into Lego collecting and it's the one set from the pirate line I have 2 of. I'm trying keep at least one of every pirate theme I get together. As for being busy, yeah I'm still trying to find the balance between enough figs to tell a story without hiding the build itself
A nice small scale fort scene. I like the use of lots of new parts from the soldiers fort. Looks good but who's side is the crocodile on?
The crocodile is as Tereglith said on his own side. Monkey is after all a delicacy in these parts. The hook could prove painful though.

Over all I'm pleased with it as a beginner MoC as I build my collection. Just ordered my first Bricklin order today! so I can tryout some SNOT water!

Thanks for the feedback guys

-Sorien