gusmoore17

Harry Potter 2010 discussion thread

MEAN! :tongue: can you at least say which minifigs will appear in the set??

He has said that he only knows the name and the price of the set.

I think Svelte doesn't have to tell us more about it. We've heard enough now to have high hopes and let's keep it like that. I'd rather speculate about the set than knowing what it's called now. I mean, if we know now what's in it, we still have to wait five months before we can buy it. I'd rather wait a couple of months and see some pictures and then wait a month to buy it. I always love some excitement before buying or, in this case, even knowing what the name is. We just know there's a big LEGO Harry Potter set comming, and I'm sure we're all going to like it.

Oh, and I think Svelte would be in trouble if he tells us the name. :tongue:

Matn is wise default_sadnew.gif

I shared this tidbit with you all because I was excited and I have said as much as I can (and I know very little anyway). So don't eat my brains and make me regret it! :wink:

Poor Svelte. :laugh:

You guys should probably give him a break. Don't push him to a far corner. At least, we all know that there is something big and huge coming along, and shouldn't this be a joyous news for us to look forward to? :wub:

I'll stick with my original guess of a Diagon Alley set, although I'd be equally happy with Matn's suggestion of a village of Hogsmeade in winter set. That should be easy to integrate with last years Winter Toy Shop and the upcoming Winter Bakery set.

If there really is a big Harry Potter set coming up - and I trust Svelte enough to believe so - then there really is no other option than a Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley set. All the other options (Ministry of Magic, Gringotts, Malfoy's Mansion) are not varied enough to be bigger than Hogwarts.

And with the upcoming sets being quite unspecific about which book/movie they are based on, I don't believe this special set will be any different.

I'm new here, but I'm really looking forward to the six sets this fall. I'm also happy to hear, even if the information is limited, that sets might continue beyond this assortment. I, too, suspect a Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade set. I'm just hoping the price range isn't too far beyond the price of Hogwarts. Getting past $150 is really more than I can rationally spend on a set. Regardless, can't wait until October!

And maybe the last minifig to be revealed on the teaser site that looks like a second Ginny is really a minifig from a 2011 set? Perhaps I'm just doing some ol' wishful thinking.

Since Svelte seemed to indicate that the actual set had already been mentioned by another member a few days back ("some of you are right, some of you are wrong"), it seems likely that we will be getting most likely either Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade, with a possibility of the MoM, a larger Hogwarts, or, in my opinion, a very unlikely chance of Malfoy Manor. I think that we will most likely get Hogsmeade, because it plays a more important part in the later movies.

It would have been interesting to have had a Lego Kings Cross station, or an Azkaban (though that seems too dark for TLG).

... it seems likely that we will be getting most likely either Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade, with a possibility of the MoM, a larger Hogwarts, or, in my opinion, a very unlikely chance of Malfoy Manor. I think that we will most likely get Hogsmeade, because it plays a more important part in the later movies.

I think it would be a mistake to release the entirety of Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley in one giant set as opposed to separately available buildings, from a selling standpoint. I'm not saying it couldn't happen... TLG does stuff all the time that I don't understand.

It would have been interesting to have had a Lego Kings Cross station, or an Azkaban (though that seems too dark for TLG).

Again... most train set train stations have not been that big... Azkaban would be interesting, but I don't know how much of a "play" set it could be... you get the breakout, but that's about it. As far as being "too dark," I don't buy that line of reasoning from LEGO anymore; it seems to be something they say to avoid saying "we're not releasing any more sets in that line because it doesn't make enough money."

svelte said it was big... very big, apparently, by comparison... didn't he say it was $199? That's HUGE!

If it's not another Hogwarts (and I just can't see that happening), the MoM is the only place I think is big enough, and you could have SO MANY characters in little offices and so forth, and all the flues from the flue network...

Malfoy manner would be cool, but we haven't seen it in the movie yet, and it would seem odd to make it even bigger than Hogwarts.

I don't know what it is, but I'm loving the guessing game... it's a lot more fun than actually knowing what it is. I hope the beans don't get spilled too soon.

Svelte said that this set has been in the works for some time, so I don't think that it will have anything to do with Deathly Hallows.

I was looking at the Village sets that LEGO has already made and those sets are only $99 so I think they would have to make a massive Diagon Alley or Hogsmead set for it to beat out Hogwarts. I think it could possibly be a set they were going to release but didn't since the line got canceled. Like a Ministry set or Grimmauld Place set

I don't want something like the Death Star cause $400 for a set is a bit ridiculous

I don't want something like the Death Star cause $400 for a set is a bit ridiculous

Here I agree. I hardly buy LEGO sets which cost more than 50 Euro. Luck in finding them on sale plays the only factor in buying them: it was the case with Medieval Market Village and Town Plan. I love my Café Corner and it doesn't matter how much I want the Green Grocer and the other modular buildings, I'm probably never going to buy them. Buying individual bricks to recreate Harry Potter buildings is where my money goes. I hope this set will be around 120 Euro because I don't think they'll make it to big: it still has to sell.

But if it ends up being a massive set, being LEGO Harry Potter, I could make an exception. :tongue:

i really don't care what this new set is. as long as it contains the weasley twins!

I'm assuming that if it's Diagon Alley, then they'll include Weasley's Wizarding Weezes!!!

Svelte said that this set has been in the works for some time, so I don't think that it will have anything to do with Deathly Hallows.

I was looking at the Village sets that LEGO has already made and those sets are only $99 so I think they would have to make a massive Diagon Alley or Hogsmead set for it to beat out Hogwarts. I think it could possibly be a set they were going to release but didn't since the line got canceled. Like a Ministry set or Grimmauld Place set

I would be surprised if it was number 12 Grimmauld place, i can't see that being a hit with most buyers of Lego, as there is not much you could do with it. It is unlikely that this will be a 400 dollar set, probably about $150-$250 USD instead. I dont quite get your statement about this being released because the line was cancelled btw; are you thinking that this was something considered to go with the last round of Harry Potter, as in OOTP? The three most likely possibilities are Hogsmeade, Diagon Alley/Gringotts vault, and the MoM, to my mind at least.

Still holding out hope for a $250+ UCS Hogwarts though :laugh: .

Sirius

Some of you are right, and some of are you wrong :wink:

Don't suppose you can't tell us which ones? :grin:

I also have no idea if it means there will be more sets, but I doubt it's an indication of anything as it has obviously been in the works for some time and I imagine whether they proceed with a wave 2 will depend on sales of wave 1 in the lead up to Xmas.

Everyone, buy in bulk!

I would be surprised if it was number 12 Grimmauld place, i can't see that being a hit with most buyers of Lego, as there is not much you could do with it.

Huh... now that you mention it, what would be REALLY cool is a 12 Grimmauld Place done in the detail of the modular style... it could crossover with city fans, like myself. I disagree about not having a lot to do with it... you could have a nasty painting in the hallway of Sirius' Mom, a kitchen, some bedrooms, the family tree room, and a bunch of minifigures to go with it... INCLUDING KREACHER, which would be AWESOME! You could even have a room with Mrs. Weasily facing the bogart...

Although... sadly, I don't think that'll be it.

An EN-style Hogwarts Express that can be motorised using 9v or PF would be the only way for LEGO to get me to buy HP sets - as much of an HP fan as I am, I just don't have much interest in stuff that's not train based right now. :tongue:

Wow, so many possibilities! Like many have said before I don't want svelte to tell us anything just yet. First we get all these great HP sets coming up soon, then knowing that something even bigger is on the horizon makes me giddy.

If it's going to be a truly BIG set I'd like to see either 1) a full Hogsmeade with the Hogs Head, Three Broomsticks, Zonkos and even the Shrieking Shack or 2) (which is what I think it is) a full Diagon Alley including Gringotts with an underground rail system ala Temple of Doom with a dragon included. Is this just wishful thinking? Likely but it is the wishful thinking that makes it so much fun!

Yea...I'm thinking Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley.

I concur, and I think either would be brilliant. Hopefully we find out what it is before the HP sets hit the shelves because if the new set is something I want, I'll forego the latest Hogwarts as I have The Prisoner of Azkaban version already.