gusmoore17

Harry Potter 2010 discussion thread

Does Dumbledore have a smaller wand than the other two? Does anyone else have a small wand?

It does seem that Dumbledore's is shorter than the others - weird eh ?

Or is it just the position of his arm.

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Does Dumbledore have a smaller wand than the other two? Does anyone else have a small wand?

It does appear so. It could be his arm position among many other things. TLG could have used 3L bars instead of 4L. The 4Ls are too long, even the 3Ls are but are better. It doesn't look like any 3Ls were used. All of them are probably 4Ls and this is just the arm position, photo position, etc.

JCC

Actually you can, you simply click with your cursor in the area you want to zoom in on. You just keep clicking to get closer. See?

Yes, in fact I did that myself, but what I was referring to was the box image. You cannot get that close to the box image, even zoomed in all the way.

The problem with zooming into the non-box images is that they are incorrect, and the figures are not their finished versions. Filch still has brownish hair, Voldemort is in dark green, the dementors have no faces, McGonagall and Snape have no capes, etc. What I'm really looking forward to seeing is the completed figs and not just in the site's renders to see how they really look.

I don't think Dumbledore's wand is any smaller, I think the angle is just smaller. The wands are one thing that I'm disappointed with in the new series. They really should have made a new wand-looking piece, or at least something that looked like the wands in the videogame. I hated the old bars in the older sets, and it's sad that they're still using them now. At least Ron doesn't have a gray wand this time.

Yes, in fact I did that myself, but what I was referring to was the box image. You cannot get that close to the box image, even zoomed in all the way.

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I see what you mean by not being completely correct.

I agree with you on the wands completely. They look horrendous! At least the figures are a bit better this time around.

The boxes are very nice! But I don't understand why there is no Ron in the Hogwarts set :hmpf_bad: ...

I know!!! Ron should be in Hogwarts!! D:

I think Ron should really come in The Burrow. It's his house after all! At least the trio in Hogwarts garb can be attained somewhat cheaply in Hagrid's Hut.

Hagrids Hut is the only set my son really wants, just because it has the main three in it !

These new sets might float around ideas from the new movie, we'll just wait and see how the sets fit in the movie when it's released.

I'm a conformist! !

I think Ron should really come in The Burrow. It's his house after all! At least the trio in Hogwarts garb can be attained somewhat cheaply in Hagrid's Hut.

From what I can remember, Hagrid's hut is far from cheap! Isn't it like £40? Compared to the 2nd one at just under £20, this is a rip off!

From what I can remember, Hagrid's hut is far from cheap! Isn't it like £40? Compared to the 2nd one at just under £20, this is a rip off!

Yes, but this new Hagrid's Hut includes a light brick. So that is contributing to the price, plus 2 more figures and Aragog compared to the last set which only had 2 figures and no Aragog.

Agreed, Ron should be in the Burrow!

I too am quite annoyed that Ron isn't in the castle or the burrows. I really hope they will have a magnet set with the trio so that we'll at least have a somewhat cheap way of getting him in addition to those sets (and to stock up on Hogwarts uniforms).

It depends on your perspective.

The 2004 version was released in Australia at a huge $AUD59.99 and came with just the hut and two figs (Hagrid and Hermione)

6 years later, the new Hagrid's Hut is priced at $AUD69.99 and comes with more figs, Aragog, printed owl, new mushroom printed piece and light-up brick!

Even allowing for inflation that is a significant improvement.

It seems that LEGO prices Licenses differently based on how well they think they will do in different markets. All the previous Harry Potter waves were clearanced here so maybe they've factored that in. Similarly Prince of Persia was priced well below the Toy Story range, even though the prices of sets in $US were exactly the same.

I've just joined the forum and thought you all might like to see some Harry Potter Lego stuff I saw at the E3 expo in Los Angeles last month.

First is a photo from the Lego Harry Potter booth. Here we see full size recreations of the crew made from Lego bricks.'

post-12280-128028323047.jpg

Next are some giveaways I got at the booth.

post-12280-128028324422.jpg

Edited by golgi

I don't mind that Ron isn't in the Burrow or Hogwarts sets; what I'm pissed about is the lack of Hermione in causual clothes, and lack of Luna in uniform. Harry, Ron and Ginny all have casual and uniforms.

It depends on your perspective.

The 2004 version was released in Australia at a huge $AUD59.99 and came with just the hut and two figs (Hagrid and Hermione)

6 years later, the new Hagrid's Hut is priced at $AUD69.99 and comes with more figs, Aragog, printed owl, new mushroom printed piece and light-up brick!

Even allowing for inflation that is a significant improvement.

It seems that LEGO prices Licenses differently based on how well they think they will do in different markets. All the previous Harry Potter waves were clearanced here so maybe they've factored that in. Similarly Prince of Persia was priced well below the Toy Story range, even though the prices of sets in $US were exactly the same.

Yeah, I guess, but it just seems a shame I'd have to pay £40 for a Hut I already have, a worse version of Aragog and a light up brick just to get Ron in his Hogwarts uniform.

Yeah, I guess, but it just seems a shame I'd have to pay £40 for a Hut I already have, a worse version of Aragog and a light up brick just to get Ron in his Hogwarts uniform.

Yeah you're right I have the hut to and now I have to buy the hut only for Ron in Hogwarts uniform. :sad:

Hagrids Hut is the only set my son really wants, just because it has the main three in it !

These new sets might float around ideas from the new movie, we'll just wait and see how the sets fit in the movie when it's released.

I'm a conformist! !

I don't mind that Ron isn't in the Burrow or Hogwarts sets; what I'm pissed about is the lack of Hermione in causual clothes, and lack of Luna in uniform. Harry, Ron and Ginny all have casual and uniforms.

They should have made a little set similar to 7624 Jungle Duel with Harry, Ron and Hermoine in their casual clothes and the tent. Instead of the bench and weapon rack: a chair and a simple bunk bed or a tree and an icy pond with Gryffindor's sword. That would be nice! :thumbup:

Yeah you're right I have the hut to and now I have to buy the hut only for Ron in Hogwarts uniform. :sad:

Really, MOCing these characters with different outfits is not so difficult. The Hut is just a good way to get more Hogwarts uniforms in general, plus a new (face) Hagrid. I still only have the yellow version.

Each set has its perks in minifigures. If you were going to get the Castle and the train anyway to have the main trio, you can buy Freeing Dobby as well and use that Hogwarts uniform for Ron.

They should have made a little set similar to 7624 Jungle Duel with Harry, Ron and Hermoine in their casual clothes and the tent. Instead of the bench and weapon rack: a chair and a simple bunk bed or a tree and an icy pond with Gryffindor's sword. That would be nice! :thumbup:

They should do a Deathly Hallows line next. I all depends on how well this wave sells, I guess.

I think that this will be the first Line that I will get every set from. They're all good looking sets. The only set that I would consider not getting would be the Hogwarts Express, but I'll probably end up getting that too. These come out in October? If so, my Birthday is in November. Christmas in December. Whatever sets I don't get as a present I'm positive I can buy on my own.

They should do a Deathly Hallows line next. I all depends on how well this wave sells, I guess.

We should all buy 50 of each set, just to show TLC how much everyone loves this theme!

We should all buy 50 of each set, just to show TLC how much everyone loves this theme!

:O!

Maybe 50 of the cheapest, but I barely have the funds for 1 of each, let alone 50!

Then buy Ron off Bricklink when the sets hits the US. I doubt he'll be too expensive.

Seriously, it's been 6 years since the last Hut and 8 since Aragog, and we get them all together in one set with more figs and accessories, and people are complaining?

There will be people buying these sets that either weren't born or who weren't even aware that there was such a thing as LEGO Harry Potter. That's the target audience.

If you look at the spread, number and diversity of minifigs this wave is better than practically any other Harry Potter wave and fulfills several fan requests in terms of new figs - not to mention new hairpieces and printed animals - and still some people want more? default_wacko.gif

My only concern is that such a late release as October means it will only be in months a few stores during the peak selling season before Xmas and this may hurt sales overall. January is dead for toy sales, but all the other retail LEGO waves (such as Star Wars, World Racers, City) get a 6 month spread of sales.

Please don't get me wrong! I am NOT complaining! In the contrary, I believe it's a miracle that we are getting this fantastic reboot of the theme! Sure, the sets and minifigs aren't perfect, but great nonetheless! :thumbup:

I don't know about Australia, but here in the states kids spend their Xmas money in January, so sales are usually still pretty good then, so I hope for the sake of the theme that this will be the case.