gusmoore17

Harry Potter 2010 discussion thread

Warner Bros will be announcing at the upcoming Toy Fair their new 2010 partners for Harry Potter and Lego is part of this, part of the licencing will be not just for the Harry Potter films but for what they are calling the World of Harry Potter which will also tie-in with the new theme park in florida.

Harry Potter lego sets will be coming in Aug and previews of the sets will be shown at Toy Fair. I have seen an early mock-up of the new logo design which I've been told will be used across the full range of Harry potter toys inc lego for 2010 and it looks good.

If I can get hold of the image I will try and post it up somewhere.

From the videogame thread:

normal_lego_still_07.jpg

Could we be getting a new Fang mold with Hagrid's Hut? :sweet:

Awwww man! that would be so sweet! I commented on in my review of the original set that was the biggest thing missing, a realistic version of Fang would be so cool. But then would we want a better version of Padfoot?

IMHO LEGO has no issues with "darkness" whatsoever. As has been said, LEGO has made sets from the whole Star Wars universe, and that is frequently dark. What does matter is how much the products appeal to kids. LEGO stopped making HP sets because the popularity of them, and Pottermania in general, was dying down. But now they have another chance to sell the sets, because of the game, first part of the last movie and themepark. However I highly doubt the new line will still be around in two years' time. I suppose the best thing we can do is vote with our feet and buy, buy, buy! Maybe even send Customer Service accounts of how delightful "our children" (not us *cough*) are finding the new sets in the relaunched theme? If there's anything I've learned in the past, it is that comments made to them get passed on.

So, if it's true that in general WB is making a full new merchandise campaing/release based on the Harry Potter World theme...we could expect sets not only based in years 1-4 but actually a full range of "general scenarios" featuring a (hopefully) vast number of characters made into minifigs!

This is an awesome piece of news!! :cry_happy:

btw, i'm not that fond of that Fang minifig, actually, a Padfoot one would be great, nevertheless there's a lot of chance we get the Fang one for the Hagrid's set

Thanks for the news! So the sets won't be specifically based on the films. That sounds like music in my ears, the more the merrier. :thumbup:

So the sets won't be specifically based on the films.

No I think this years sets will be based on the movies, I recon it's 2011 sets that will expand into the Harry Potter world. This is only my opinion btw, we will know more in a few weeks :-)

Did lego kept the harry potter license ever since or did they just got it again?

i think the license with warner bros was for the harry potter franchise spanning all the films and everything tied to them. however, lego ran out of things to make for the films after movie 5... and i believe that they chose to make a game instead, and then sets to tie in with the opening of the theme park. so i don't think the license ever ended, i think they were just looking for something to do with it.

~tin7

btw, i'm not that fond of that Fang minifig, actually, a Padfoot one would be great, nevertheless there's a lot of chance we get the Fang one for the Hagrid's set

We already got 'Padfoot', aka Sirius Black in dog form, with the Knight Bus set. A LEGO bloodhound would be interesting though...

Are there pics yet?

Nope. Maybe from ToyFair in Feb if achris is right :wink:

I must say I am looking forward to the new HP sets!

I might even end up buying a few of these. For some wierd reason my interest to those wizards have increased over the last few months.

It is a very good idea to widen your range of interests. Especially when they are doing a return into LEGO.

I find it Pretty Eazy!

I don't know if this is old news but I was talking to some AFOL from US the other day. He said he asked his local LEGO store about 2010 2nd half set prices. Here's what he told me:

4736 Dobbys release $10.99

4737 Quidditch Lesson $19.99

4738 Hagrid's Hut $39.99

4840 The Burrows $59.99

4841 Hogwart's Express $79.99

4842 Hogwart's Castle $129.99

I would like to note that this information has nothing to with ambassadorial duties, I found this out in a chit chat and it may not be true.

Thank you for this information, Cagri.

Either we are facing some serious price increases og the Hogwarts Castle and Hogwarts Express are somewhat bigger than previous versions.

Here's hoping that they are bigger, but I'm pretty sure they will be better, purely because of the advances TLG has made in the last few years it would almost be impossible for them not to be! I seriously hope that they have printed pieces like the Toy Story sets! :wub:

My poor poor poor moneybox is going to feel so damn light this year!

I don't know if this is old news but I was talking to some AFOL from US the other day. He said he asked his local LEGO store about 2010 2nd half set prices. Here's what he told me:

4736 Dobbys release $10.99

4737 Quidditch Lesson $19.99

4738 Hagrid's Hut $39.99

4840 The Burrows $59.99

4841 Hogwart's Express $79.99

4842 Hogwart's Castle $129.99

I would like to note that this information has nothing to with ambassadorial duties, I found this out in a chit chat and it may not be true.

Interesting, thanks for this info!

Hopefully Dobby's Release and Quidditch Lesson will both be battle pack-esque set with four minifigs each! :sweet:

I can't wait to see pics of Hagrid's Hut and The Burrow! They sound like must buy sets for sure!

I'm not that interested in Hogwarts Express and Hogwarts Castle, though (two more sets that sound great but are too much for my budget :cry_sad: ), but I bet that their designs will be very good! :thumbup:

Edited by ILikePi

Thanks for the (possible) price list. Seems like a fair list, I thought it would be more expensive. I'm really wondering how they have made the Burrow for "only" 60 euro. It sounds like a big set but it won't be huge. Perhaps it will be the same size as the beautiful LEGO Shrieking Shack, which would be a good thing. It looks like the Hogwarts castle will be huge! I'm looking forward to the first pictures. :thumbup:

Hey fourmers, I just noticed that the UK Toy Fair starts tomorrow in London, is that the show which is going to show of these new sets or is it going to be the one in New York in February. I'm guessing the New York one, but it's good to check.

Also, first post, ha!

Hey fourmers, I just noticed that the UK Toy Fair starts tomorrow in London, is that the show which is going to show of these new sets or is it going to be the one in New York in February. I'm guessing the New York one, but it's good to check.

It would make more sense for the UK Toy Fair though, given the subject matter.

I was thinking the same, but only because the UK one is sooner!

I was thinking the same, but only because the UK one is sooner!

That may be true, but in the past, LEGO has unveiled their sets at the New York Toy Fair. Only European only releases have been unveiled at the UK Toy Fair, to my knowledge.

That may be true, but in the past, LEGO has unveiled their sets at the New York Toy Fair. Only European only releases have been unveiled at the UK Toy Fair, to my knowledge.

Hey wer'e just keeping our hopes up :tongue: just joking.

I'm really curious as to what the sets are going to be like :look:

You're probably right. Guess we shall find out tomorrow.

It feels weird that in less than a month there will be new HP Lego sets, I pretty much grew up collecting them (and have them all) so it will be great to buy another few sets for my collection.

I have just got back from the UK Toy Fair and as I stated earlier in this thread Harry Potter sets were on display and look great! I'm afraid I couldn't take photos, offical images will be released in 2 weeks with the US Toy Fair.

It's offical for those who didn't believe, Harry Potter is back!!!! :cry_happy: