gusmoore17

Harry Potter 2010 discussion thread

There will be people buying these sets that either weren't born or who weren't even aware that there was such a thing as LEGO Harry Potter. That's the target audience.

If you look at the spread, number and diversity of minifigs this wave is better than practically any other Harry Potter wave and fulfills several fan requests in terms of new figs - not to mention new hairpieces and printed animals - and still some people want more? default_wacko.gif

I completely agreed with Svelte. It doesn't matter what have been done in the past and what it has been achieved before. I am not a Harry Potter LEGO collector, but having a chance to play the latest Hogwarts Mafia and seeing the delicious looking sets coming in October have indeed made me look forward to these. I will probably standardise and sought for Harry Potter fleshie minifigs to be added if it is ever created before.

Furthermore, this is a chance for people like myself whom never got into Harry Potter to have a chance to be part of this magical experience. I, for one is not complaining for sure. :sweet:

pic2D6F8503EF32B11C68450D87D4563D95.png

He's like the first and only fig I'm not in love with (plus his hands are yellow :P )

Edited by iviViolence

He's like the first and only fig I'm not in love with (plus his hands are yellow :P )

Same here. I liked the original, brown hair, Boba Fett face, Filch.

I don't know, I quite like this Filch. Although, I didn't get a look at the preliminary one...

His hands being yellow must be a mistake.

I like his face, it looks like Filch from the movies, better than the preliminary one his hair being brown would have looked nicer.

I would say his hands being yellow would be rubber gloves and the object in his left hand be a spray bottle for cleaning up after Ron. :laugh:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I hope in the sets Filch comes with flesh hands

Also I really hope his keys are not printed between his legs like the pic

In the catalog he comes with flesh hands and printed legs.

Flitch looks weird. It looks pretty unfinished, what with the yellow hands and such. Also, that leg printing is really messed up...

@Svelte, don't get me wrong, I'm over the moon with this new line. I still have all the classic sets displayed in my bedroom. Saying it's a shame, doesn't mean I'm complaining.

Also, just to bring up Luna. If they didn't include Luna in that train set, I doubt many of us who brought the classic range would buy it.

Edited by SuperChris

Filch's real face has lines and crows feet to make him look old. It really is quite good. :wub:

Flitch looks weird. It looks pretty unfinished, what with the yellow hands and such. Also, that leg printing is really messed up...

@Svelte, don't get me wrong, I'm over the moon with this new line. I still have all the classic sets displayed in my bedroom. Saying it's a shame, doesn't mean I'm complaining.

Also, just to bring up Luna. If they didn't include Luna in that train set, I doubt many of us who brought the classic range would buy it.

I couldn't agree more! I'm only buying the train set because of Luna!! :P

I agree the train set's not that impressive, but if I do buy it I'll partly be doing it for the car. Love that car.

I agree the train set's not that impressive, but if I do buy it I'll partly be doing it for the car. Love that car.

Yeah! The car is nice too, I like it because it looks smaller than the first one

Me to :laugh: and Draco in Slythrin uniform.

Edited by It All Ends Here

pic601C8EC0F6E8C8EA63EA754B1E52522D.png

So I guess they are showing these separately instead of all at once, which is sort of weird since the board game is out and available to the public.

So I guess they are showing these separately instead of all at once, which is sort of weird since the board game is out and available to the public.

How annoying. I guess that's gonna take two weeks to get all those figures on. More waiting. Great...

aw! he's so cute!

Does anyone else have a suspicion that the microfig Dumbledore might have been planned to be Bright Reddish Violet (the same magenta color as Lotso)? It certainly looks that way in that render, as well as on page 10 of the PDF gameplay manual. Granted, he's still represented by a dark red tile, and even when we first saw this game Dumbledore was dark red, but it really makes me wonder... especially since Dumbledore was that color in the PoA sets.

Oh no they didn't!!! The microfigs are already out!!

I don't want to see those things, I want to see Luna, Bella, Snape and He-who-must-not-be-named :P

Edited by iviViolence