gusmoore17

Harry Potter 2010 discussion thread

-Everything about Filch is new. I'm not sure I like his face, because it has a huge mouth which makes him look like a toad.. His pants have printing: Hanging keys. There is also a printed face dark tan Mrs. Norris.

:sad: I loved the Filch we saw before. I thought the dark brown hair was perfect, and I was looking forward to getting that piece in dark brown. The grey hair looks nothing like him, and is to similar to Dumbledore. The face was perfect as well. I am disappointed. :sceptic:

The Harry Potter LEGO Game is SOOOO AWESOME! I've been playing it all day!

~MC

Agreed!!!! LOVE THE GAME! Wish LEGO could make all of the other characters like Sprout, Pomfrey, Nearly Headless Nick, etc.! Love the pic in the game booklet announcing the new sets in October!

Also glad they released Hermione and McGonagall! Love them! Oh and the new version of Filch is in the game and he looks good, Maybe tan color hair would have been better.

Oh and the new version of Filch is in the game and he looks good, Maybe tan color hair would have been better.

Nah the new Filch stinks! The dark brown hair worked perfectly! Hopefully they'll change it back. But I do like Mrs Norris. :)

~MC

pic67447C21F7BA44603EA77423867ADEC9.png

Oh, McGonagall is up! ) :wub:

What a great fig that is! I'm still not quite sure about the face, but I guess I'll customise her. ) Why does she have a question mark on the dress, BTW?

Hermione looks like a total..... wich! :laugh:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

I just noticed that McGonagall is just about the only happy looking figure, Hagrid looks worried, but still smiles and Hermione looks quite miffed !

Is this how all the minifigure's faces will look, I guess it depends on the set and what the set is about from the story line.

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Yeah what is with that question mark on Minerva's torso?

Oh and you guys talking about the game should be posting here.

Thanks. :classic:

Edited by Special K

Nah the new Filch stinks! The dark brown hair worked perfectly! Hopefully they'll change it back. But I do like Mrs Norris. :)

~MC

Just my opinion.

Can we at least talk about the figures from the game on here?

Lucius Malfoy! pic4332C5D83197E2D1C914ACC554F28F5C.png

Edited by 10or

pic4332C5D83197E2D1C914ACC554F28F5C.png

To my own surprise I can't say that I like Malfoy Sr. fig much. I find his face somewhat cartoonish and can't see that it resembles the movie counterpsrt. Not to mention that this hairpiece makes most figures, IMHO, look somewhat fat (when used without beard, of course).

The torso printing looksodd to me. Perhaps, the dark brown printing is supposed to mean fur or something but without sharped lines it just looks messy. I like the green vest and a tie (or whatever it is), but the capehgolder is too large and for some reason in the middle of the torso. I suppose the fig could use some work and the details could have benn much more neat./

Lucius Malfoy! pic4332C5D83197E2D1C914ACC554F28F5C.png

Ooh! Well, I think I like the minifig. :sceptic: It looks okay. I was kind of hoping for a different hairpiece, maybe Ginny's in blonde, but what can you do. Also a cane would be nice, but you could always use that sceptor coming out with that pharoah in the Minifigures Series 2. :sceptic:

To my own surprise I can't say that I like Malfoy Sr. fig much. I find his face somewhat cartoonish and can't see that it resembles the movie counterpsrt. Not to mention that this hairpiece makes most figures, IMHO, look somewhat fat (when used without beard, of course).

The torso printing looksodd to me.

Agreed. :look: If these are what the final minifigs will look like, lego have really made them quite cartoonish.

SnitchSeeker is reporting that the LEGO Hogwarts board game will be available on August 1, 2010 and the sets will be available on October 1, 2010

I wonder who else has green clothes with ?s on their clothes...

This doesn't suit the riddler, though.

Is it me, or is that Dumbledore's hair dark stone? I wonder if that will be whats in the set? I think it would be nice.

pic930516FC436036C59AD641DE9862F2A7.png

Well, I must say I actually like the new Dumbledore outfit and face. He looks pretty much like Michael Gambon now. Despite my dislike of Gambon's Dumbledore, I find the fig pretty intetresting though. However I still prefer my PS version. :blush:

I can't clearly see his torso, but it seems he has some nice micro-printing that always (practically!) works good with LEGO figs. Still, I can't but mention that sand blue color doesn't work for me. But it's my personal likes here.....

The head is nice, however I miss half-moon glasses a bit. They could've been made smaller and in gold, but, alas!

It still remains unclear to me if he has a dark gray hair or not. It seems he does. In that case he looks even more like Gambon's Dumbledore. Though, I must also say, that I'm a bit tired of LEGO using that type of beard. I mean, I understand that it has been around ever since 198?, but it doesn't work well for that particular fig. I suppose some customisation in in order here. ) :classic:

Oh, and one more thing, why does lego always give Dumbledore 'legs'? In every film he wears his long robes, so i guess the 'dress-slope-brick' would be much better. not to mention that it waould've showed that dumbledore is actually quite tall.

Edited by The Penguin

Oh, I like the new Dumbledore minifigure! It resembles Michael Gambon very well, I think he did his role very well, especially in the last film (in the 4th film: not so much "DIDYAPUTYOURNAMEINTHEGOBLETOFFIAH"). The torso and head look very interesting. Penguin, I don't know why you think the glasses aren't there? I see clearly the half-moon glasses in gold printed on the head.

I really hope these new figures are the ones in the set. And yes, they look a bit more cartoonish and childish (especially Harry which just doesn't work for 4-7), I still like them all and I'm just so happy they're making this again. If only the wands weren't so long... 3L would have been perfect, like the one used by the magician in the Collectable Minifigures series.

Penguin, I don't know why you think the glasses aren't there? I see clearly the half-moon glasses in gold printed on the head.

*fixing my monocle* Indeed you're right. Well it's a nice touch then. I'll need to see it in reality however. If it's done the same way they did it in IJm then it'ss be great!

I am really excited for the new HP sets, i've only owned 2, but now is my chance to get all of them, the train will be the first one!

pic930516FC436036C59AD641DE9862F2A7.png

Dumbledore! :classic: Well I like him I guess. It's a little strange that his beard is dark grey though??? I thought it would be white. The minifig looks a lot like Michael Gambon's Dumbledore though, and I love the gold glasses. :thumbup: