Set #: 3862

Set Name: Harry Potter Hogwarts

Pieces: 333

Price: $US29.99

Release: July 2010

Shop at Home: http://shop.lego.com/product/?p=3862

Description:

Hunt for your homework at Hogwarts!

Introducing LEGO Games, the world's first collection of games that you build, play and change. With the unique buildable LEGO Dice and changeable rules, LEGO Games is a great way of having fun together with family and friends. Enroll in the magical Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to search the castle for your studies in the new LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts game. Be the first to race down moving staircases, through secret passageways and back to your commonroom with all of your homework to win! This fun and challenging family game is for 2 - 4 players. 1 buildable LEGO Dice 9 LEGO microfigures 5 Special microfigures include Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, Draco Malfoy and Albus Dumbledore 4 Hogwarts student microfigures (one from each house) 332 LEGO pieces 1 rule booklet 1 building instruction booklet For 2 - 4 players Game play approximately 10 - 20 minutes

3862-1.jpg

We can use this thread as the official discussion thread since it seems all but confirmed now :wink: Brickset is a pretty reliable source.

Continue the discussion here! I will close the petition thread.

The Burrow... I'm hoping for Arthur and Molly Weasley. I would be surprised if they don't include Ginny because if you read the books, you should know her importance. *wink wink* As for George, Fred, Percy, Charlie, and Bill, I doubt they will be included. :hmpf_bad:

Wow, a Harry Potter train, a Toy Story train.... they're really pushing the locomotives out there this year.

Incidently, the links don't work, you need to copy part of them into the address bar.

These are my theories for what is going to be in the sets. It seems like the new wave will be covering several of he years instead of just one.

(sorry if I spell the names wrong since it's been a while since I read any of the books.)

4736 Dobbys Release

Harry potter, Lucious Malfoy, and Dobby (well of course :tongue: ). Probably very much like the original set.

4737 Quidditch Lesson

Harry Potter, Draco Malfoy, Madame hooch (whatever it is.), and Nevile Longbottom.

4738 Hagrids Hut

Harry, Ron, Hermione, Hagrid, and probably either buckbeak or Norbert.

4840 The Burrows

Harry, Ron, Hermione, possibly any or all the weasleys. Maybe even one of the order members like Lupin.

4841 Hogwarts Express

Harry, Ron, Hermione, Draco, and Hagrid.

4842 Hogwarts Castle

Dumbledore, Professor Mcgonagal, Knight, Snape, one of the ghosts, Harry, Ron, Hermione, and the rest would really depend on what book it's based off of.

I'm really looking forward to these sets since they've always had the best pieces of any one individual theme.

The Burrow... I'm hoping for Arthur and Molly Weasley. I would be surprised if they don't include Ginny because if you read the books, you should know her importance. *wink wink* As for George, Fred, Percy, Charlie, and Bill, I doubt they will be included. :hmpf_bad:

There's actually already a Lego Ginny, from the Chamber of Secrets set.

The sets sound like remakes to me. I'm honestly let down. Dobby's Release sounds exactly the same as the old one. :sceptic:

Unless there are some spectacular remakes, the only one I'll get for sure based off of the names and general prices is The Burrow.

Thanks for the news though!

These do sound awfully like some previous sets - hopefully they'll be different enough to be worth it. I'm just so excited that HP is coming back! I will buy The Burrow no matter what the cost.

I imagine these are familiar sounding because they are based on the video game HP Years 1-4 rather than the movie.

Considering the line sort of failed at the end of 2005, it makes sense for LEGO to go back to basics with the most recognisable scenes than just doing one movie. (The 2007 one off set was an exception in the history of the theme.)

I won't mind if the sets are sufficiently improved over the old ones.

I won't mind if the sets are sufficiently improved over the old ones.

And I'm sure they will be. LEGO has shown us recently that it redoes things in full force. Just look at Star Wars, with each redo the models get bigger and more detailed. LEGO usually doesn't put out sets that have the bare, kind of empty quality of the HP sets based on the first two movies. By the third and fourth movie lines, the sets were certainly getting better, but I'm sure since the sets on this list are from the first two movies, we will see a huge improvement.

My one worry about these though is that LEGO might not pay attention to detail again on the minifigures. I know it's based on a game and not movies this time, but the way the kept the kids' hair the same every single time bugged me. But I'm not too worried about it, LEGO doesn't disappoint too often (but now with crappy Chinese TS figures…).

And one more thing I notice about the set names. Though the games are years 1-4, most of the sets just form there names take place in 1 and 2. Those two are certainly more kid-oriented, and maybe there will be a second wave, but it just seems a tad odd. If LEGO was worried about 3 and 4 being too dark for what they want, then they wouldn't be making the game, so why are none of these sets from those two? (We don't know about the Castle or the Burrow of course, but you know what I mean)

And one more thing I notice about the set names. Though the games are years 1-4, most of the sets just form there names take place in 1 and 2. Those two are certainly more kid-oriented, and maybe there will be a second wave, but it just seems a tad odd. If LEGO was worried about 3 and 4 being too dark for what they want, then they wouldn't be making the game, so why are none of these sets from those two? (We don't know about the Castle or the Burrow of course, but you know what I mean)

I noticed this too, I would have thought they would release more sets and from different movies. Hopefully more set names will pop up soon.

OH YEAH !!!!!!! (Chef Mundal - Chowder)

Mr. Potter is back now is he, oh poop there goes my money again.

My son loves watching HP movies and has a few of the minifigs, so when I tell him this - it will be smiles from ear to ear.

I wonder if the Hogwarts Express will have PF or at least the same wheels etc., as the Emerald Night. Might be worth adding it to my collection.

Looks like 2010 could be Lego's finest ever !!!!

This gets released in October right ?

Thats almost a whole year, i dont know if i can wait that long. :tongue: :tongue:

What are you talking about? Most of the set names don't relate to any specific book (Hagrid's Hut, the Burrows, Hogwarts Express, the Castle), and only one refers to the first book (Quidditch Lesson) while one is related to the third book (Dobby's Release). So I really can't see how you came up with that theory...

Anyway, I'm super-excited to see the return of Harry Potter (I've managed to gather most of the old sets, even though they all came out during my "dark ages"). Sure, there are some repeats, but with those prices I expect the sets to be much bigger and better than before. :tongue:

As for minifigs, they're bound to be fleshies, but I don't mind, since I'll probably find use for them anyway. I just hope there's more female minifigs, especially Luna Lovegood (even though she doesn't appear until the Guild of the Phoenix).

Pretty exciting. While perhaps there was scope for adding some new scenarios, I too am not overly concerned about redoing the same ones as before if there is a sufficiently better or new take on them. After all, these were/are some of the scenes of most interest.

The Burrows will hopefully be well done as it is in particular a scene of interest that we have not yet encountered in Lego!

I thought the Harry Potter sets were pretty much hit or miss, either really good (like Dumbledore's Office) or really bad (the classroom and house sets). I sold off all my sets in 2003-2004 before the Azkaban sets were released, and none of the 2004-2007 sets were able to draw me back in (I did get the Durmstrang Ship as a gift) and I haven't really missed the line. That being said, I wouldn't mind LEGO taking another stab at this theme, as it has a lot of potential. The preliminary set names are not promising (though I'm curious to see the train), but I'm keeping my hopes up.

YES!!! I didnt get any of the older sets and now they will be new and improved and fleshie:wub:

I can't wait for official pictures.

I'm not a specific HP Lego fan but I really appreciate them for two reasons: first because as they appeared during my dark ages I couldn't get any of them and second because they're a wondeful source for City/Town parts (especially faces and torsos! :tongue: ) So, welcome 2010 HP sets! :thumbup:

I have never read the books and only saw the first movie, but to me most of those sets are Harry Potter overall sets. There are three castles coming out this year, PoP, Kingdoms, and HP. I think it was a really dumb idea to have a Castle redo this year.

I'm really excited about the relaunch of Harry Potter, especially since there is the news of a Burrow set!!

I'm guessing that the Hogwarts express will be PF-adaptable, with instructions to do so like with the Emerald Night.

The only thing I'm worried about is how LEGO's mentality has changed since the first Harry Potter sets; I've always loved HP sets especially for the large number of rare and/or printed parts. Given what LEGO's like these days, I'm guessing there won't be so many of these. But I hope the standard of set design is high to keep the sets appealing.

I cannot wait until these sets come out.

I got most of the old sets and now I really want to get back into it.

Hopefully we will see some new minifigures and not a Harry Potter in every set.

There are three castles coming out this year, PoP, Kingdoms, and HP. I think it was a really dumb idea to have a Castle redo this year.

But two of them are licensed themes, while Kingdoms is an original theme. Would you rather have LEGO make only license-based toys, and nothing of their own?

There's a great difference in all three themes, in my eyes. Prince of Persia has middle-eastern buildings and animals, Harry Potter has magical creatures and unrealistic buildings, and Kingdoms is the closest to the historical middle ages with its knights and fortresses.

I think the target audience of all three varies greatly as well, with PoP appealing more to older kids, Harry Potter more to girls, and Kingdoms to younger boys.

I believe I am a rare example of a person who wants all three of them. :tongue:

I think the target audience of all three varies greatly as well, with PoP appealing more to older kids, Harry Potter more to girls, and Kingdoms to younger boys.

I believe I am a rare example of a person who wants all three of them. :tongue:

Oi!, Do you find me girly? :angry::wink::grin:

I think lots of Afols want all three of them, Especially if they have nice pieces, Figs or constructions.

Uh hum- Im not a girl and I still really really want to get all those sets. :grin:

Anyway, Im really hoping that they make sure this theme still includes all those surprising and cool elements we were given the first time round. For me that was one of the things that really made the sets so special. We need more figures, and I will be expecting a fair few new ones from Lego.

I hope lego make the sets special by adding in new features and I would really like that castle to be nice with a lot of cool features and elements.