Kikuichimonji

What did you buy today?

Finally ventured out for Series 22- got all but Figure Skating Champion, Night Protector, Space Creature & Wheelchair Racer.

There really is so much to love in this series. Still not really a fan of the $4.99 tag...but if they keep this standard I’ll be more forgiving. A lot of the face prints are great. The new molds are fantastic. Getting a few medium legs in new-to-me colors is always a plus. 

I got a copy of set 76388 - Hogsmeade Village Visit on Saturday the 5th of February (yesterday) from the LEGO Store in St. Louis. It will be heavily modified to fit my existing town, with back halves added to the buildings, same as I did to the original (2011) Diagon Alley set and heavily inspired by Medieval Market Village. (both of which I've owned for over a decade now!)

Oh, and the final $20 worth of parts have been bought for my HP Shrieking Shack MOD to be more "normal".... been working on that model since August of 2021!

Edited by Murdoch17

60319 Fire Rescue & Police Chase

Yes, I bought this set largely for the adorable new kitten(which I also ordered 3 of each one on B&P when I got home). Overall the set was worth it to me. The car is cool & the new fire truck is decent. Man, that yellow is very jarring though. 

I finally got my lego VIP coin sets(the display unit plus all the 5 coins) from shop.lego.com, i was procrastinating before the 60 days window to get them since i had to purchase something with it! Got lucky, 3 of my CMF were the ones I needed, love that bard!!! 

76398 Hogwarts Hospital Wing

76399 Hogwarts Magical Trunk 

43104 Alien DJ

43112 Robo HipHop Car

Ugh...I’m dying a little inside. Last week I bought a dark pink bike(finally). It was the only color I didn’t have thanks to the rerelease of the yellow one this year. It showed up today & the delivery process did a real number on the box....and my Nike. One of the handles is bent backwards pretty bad. I’m waiting to see what the seller says but I’ll be buying another unless I can fix this one. 

Any tips on fixing? I was thinking to heat it up a bit & bend it back into place. 

Santa's Visit arrived today. Took advantage of double VIP while it was in stock, knowing that it will be tricker to get nearer the holidays.

"Billund, Legoland Base here, the Galaxy Explorer has landed."

52259437730_47f53fbcf2_z.jpg

In other words, my pre-order copy of 10497 -  Galaxy Explorer arrived today. However, it will not be built until late December as it's a Christmas present from my parents to me. I'm honestly not sure if I'm gonna make either of the alt-models or main model yet.
Only time will tell... :wink:

Hey guys! I finally got the grocery store set. Its a pretty amazing set. Had to build a roof for it of course. I also got the touring stunt bike as well as it is supposed to be the vehicle that the prime minister of my town uses. I did say he rode a Harley, which is what the touring stunt bike seems to resemble. 

Edited by Poodabricks

Nothing :pir-skel:. For a long time - from TLG.

Last purchase: "LEGO" Star Wars Magazine "Extra: Razor Crest" ... I like the propeller type thingies ...

Best,
Thorsten

Crazy about Legos and bikes. Having 3 bikes this one is my favorite. Dreaming about purchasing this fully functioning Lego bicycle.

eThis Tiny LEGO Bicycle Is Fully Functioning and Ready to Go on a Ride –  Review Geek

On 11/10/2023 at 11:04 AM, JaBaCaDaBra said:

Bamiballen uit de bonus bij appie

Ok, Google translate is having a hard time figuring this one out... what are you saying? (Also, just so you know, we are only supposed to converse in English here on EB.)

1 hour ago, Murdoch17 said:

Ok, Google translate is having a hard time figuring this one out... what are you saying? (Also, just so you know, we are only supposed to converse in English here on EB.)

:laugh_hard:
It didn't ask: "What LEGO did you buy...."

Very kindly, my Dad spotted 60341 - Knockdown Stunt for me, he spotted it for £9 in the shop so picked it up. :wub:

Holy moly - I instantaneously ordered this set: https://www.bluebrixx.com/de/city/107450/PSY-85007-Steampunk-Bahnhof-Pantasy from BlueBrixx ... because I saw this review (in German, sorry, but this guy is really doing a good job):

I very rarely do this - the Financial Department is always concerned about: Where do you want to put this? You have already "everything" ... OK, and then she said: Since you turned three years old, you played with LEGO. And now, at age 61+ this copycat stuff??? Oh well, here we go again: Patents, lifetime of, and so on and so forth ...

Folks, look at this beauty! This is insanely nice. BB was asking for €139 - you can get this set for €110, but I love the BB stores, the people running the place, etc.

My university is located in Wuppertal. This city has one of the rare, daily operating suspension monorails: https://schwebebahn.de/en, simply connecting people and locations.

I always wanted to build one myself. Then there was this (unfortunately failed) IDEAS entry (don't worry, these guys make changes to the design, looked for alternative brick sources and - done).

And I truly love Steampunk. And now this :pir-love: ... €139. I can't believe this.

Package arrives tomorrow - goes straight into the "secret" basement - and hopefully reappears on December 24th, in a very small town in Northern Germany (a 500 km drive), after a mysterious - and loud! - knock on one of the windows of the living room (that may have been Santa, as it was like that the last 6 decades). Who knows ...

A suspension monorail propelled by a steam locomotive ... a punky one. No, it does not get any better :pir-huzzah2:

All the best,
Thorsten