Kikuichimonji

What did you buy today?

Journeyed to Argos in Wandsworth to pick up the last(?) of the S2 figures on offer. I'd reserved 10; bought another 5 in store; received... 9?! Someone clearly didn't do their job properly, but I was offered either six S3 or six S4 figures instead. I took S4.

Also decided to go to Bluewater's Lego store. The PAB selection wasn't as good as I'd hoped, and as well as there being mixes of parts in most of the holes, there were parts visible that I couldn't even access. BAM was slightly better: I got myself a few torsos and some accessories, including five laptops and two croissants.

I also bought (on a whim) the 2011 City Advent Calendar, which I will be reviewing.

A full set of series 5 minifigures. Pleased with this as I bought them through BrickLink, and they came in cheaper than buying in the shops would be! (£31.73 for the lot as opposed to £32 if I got extremely lucky and got no duplicates in the shops!).

Also 20200 Master Builder Academy (Rockets), and 20201 Master Builder Academy (Microscale), both from BrickLink as well.

I saw the review for the City Advent set #7553 last night so I called my local Lego store this morning and sure enough they had it. I bought that and decided to get set 3180 Tank Truck before they are discontinued. Then in the mail I received two packs of 1411, a Lego studios minifigure set from 2001 that I bought on eBay last week. It's been a fun filled Lego kind of day.

Edit- almost forgot! Picked up Space Police set 5982 Smash n Grab at a local toy store for $10. I can't even keep track!

Edited by 22kane

Won 6479 Res-Q Emergency Response Center and 6330 Cargo Center for a total of $60. Both will be an expansion for my other sets default_classic.gif

Edited by Leg Godt Gud

Got a nice bonus from work today, so I took some of it and went and bought 7946 King's Castle, completing my Kingdoms collection. I was torn between the castle and the very fine Earth Defence HQ, but in the end decided that the Spawn and I HAVE to get a castle at some point. I've only built the gatehouse and one of the octagonal towers so far - have to wait to build the rest of it with the Spawn tomorrow.

Quite amazingly, my local Target is currently stocking a more or less complete line of System sets. It's the first time I've ever seen them carry all the themes.

Bought The Technic 8043 Excevator, Technic 8053 Crane, Fallingwater, and the Whitehouse from fellow EBer lcs :classic:

Got my hands on the Star Wars Advent Calendar and three more S5 minifigs: the boxer, the dark dwarf and the aerobic instructor. Now there's only seven figs left!

Edited by Miss Kyle

Received my second hand Creator House 4956 from a Belgian Bricklink seller yesterday, a mere 2 days after posting! In excellent condition, as stated, and packed fabulously - seriously this guy should get a medal for secure packing.

Can't wait to build it, my 7th Creator House :-)

3648 Police Chase

10231 Shuttle Expedition

My first cue(large) from PaB wall, filled with flower stems, 3 leaf cylinder piece, 2x4 dark tan tiles.

Edited by Legocrazy81

Picked up another 20 series 5 minifigures today. I think I have four complete sets now, maybe five.

Two grab bags and a large PAB cup from Westfield. I'm going back for two more grab bags, not sure whether it would be worth a trip to Bluewater again (last time it wasn't great).

Two grab bags and a large PAB cup from Westfield. I'm going back for two more grab bags, not sure whether it would be worth a trip to Bluewater again (last time it wasn't great).

I swear if I had access to Grab bags, there would never be any left :laugh: The one time I had the opportunity, I bought 13, and I regret to this day not buying more. Honestly the best way to buy bulk parts I've ever seen. Good score :wink:

I myself placed a Barnes and Noble order today.. A shame it was cancelled in minutes :sing:

Got a small PAB cup filled with tiles and 7929 at the Lego store in Chicago. They carried no minifigs! :cry_sad: I was really looking forward to making my Dwarf army.

Restrained myself to five more grab bags and a S5 Graduate. Some very good parts as a result.

Bought 7985 City of Atlantis off Amazon, which had been reduced from £50 to £28.

However, because I also had my £15 voucher from LOVEFiLM, it meant I only spent £13!

Bluebeard, out-

OK...I'm a little slow...I JUST discovered the phone line at Lego Direct...discovered all the parts I can get directly from Lego NOT on PAB...and ordered the big unitary hull from the 7994 Harbour set, the motor from the 7906 Fireboat, a couple giant trolls from 7907 and a few specialty Alien Conquest parts. Many parts were much cheaper than the BL average price...and the fact it could ALL be bought from 1 dealer was AMAZING!!!!

I bought nothing, getting some small CITY sets soon though :thumbup:

In fact I haven't bought ANY Lego since the end of July - Medieval Market Village ( :drool: ) ... Well, I just spent around £250 on the latest Ipod Touch + Accessories and Apps... Perhaps I should build a Lego Ipod? :classic:

EDIT: I have tried about 5 hopeless times to do the :wub::drool: combo emoticon, little help? :wink:

Edited by HighFlyer

Picked up Star Wars X-Wing Fighter 6212 at TRU for $50 and received a free promo Harry Potter set (trolley cart). Also bought 14 more MF series 5 at Five Below.

Got 8 Series 5 from Target:

1X Zoo Keeper

1X Eskimo

1X Graduate

1X Cavewoman

2X Lizard man

I then got two randoms

1X Gangster

1X Gladiator

Ironically the ones I wanted were the two randoms. :hmpf_bad: I would've felt more but I got sore fingers. :grin::laugh:

Some more brown baseplates. I'm expanding my farm bit by bit. I wanted a fallow field. Baseplates are getting so expensive these days. :sceptic: