Kikuichimonji

What did you buy today?

29 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

Ah, welcome to the dark side :devil_laugh:

Been there for quite some time :jollyroger: Not that I abandoned TLG's ship - no way, but there is absolutely no reason not to hop back and forth - particularly when wanting to surf the really cool swell. No minifig 3D whatever issue, just the plain vanilla bricks and plates - in really cool colors. And the design is purely Pantasy ... as far as I can tell.

Best wishes,
Thorsten

This year has been tough on my bank account! I bought: Vincent Van Gogh The Starry Night 21333, Avatar Toruk Makto & Tree of Souls 75574, Hokusai The Great Wave 31208, Executor Super Star Destroyer 75356, Back to the Future Time Machine 10300, Tales of the Space Age 21340, LOTR Rivendell 10316, Hogwarts Castle and Grounds 76419, Tranquil Garden 10315, Dunes Atreides Royal Ornithopter 10327 (and as I bought most of these on the Lego Shop, I got many GWP offered in addition).

So I did the unthinkable and bought this non-TLG set. A very rare occurance for me *oh2*

53352982640_2dba590984_b.jpg

Why? Because I couldn't resist a beautiful huge brick-built 1:22 locomotive as a nice display piece at a very decent price.

Edited by dtomsen

1 hour ago, dtomsen said:

Because I couldn't resist a beautiful huge brick-built 1:22 locomotive as a nice display piece at a very decent price.

Oh, I can sooo see that!

I purchased the BB BR89 from them a year or two ago - was a very nice build! Did motorize her (PUp stuff). I did replace a few bricks with TLG elements (upon motorizing it). Did change the design here and there a bit - zero problems.

When you "just" want it as a display model, I bet you'll have a lot of fun! And with your experience you can even make it better than it is now.

All the best,
Thorsten

I recently bought the 8426 lego from the "cars" movie for my son. He recently discovered the movie and the legos. I can't wait playing with him. I need to wait until Xmas though 😬