Kikuichimonji

What did you buy today?

Do you know how long the sales will last? Planning to got on the 1st of Jan for the collectible minifigs. And do you know if chassis parts are available?

Also (well you were) a Lego store virgin. And how much is a PAB (I'm assuming pick a brick) cup cost? Sorry for all the q's!

I don't think there's a time limit on the clearance since they have to get rid of those sets, but I'm not sure the sets will last until Jan 1! Didn't spot any chassis parts, but they might have been there. The store I went to is the Rockefeller Center one, and it was completely crazy.

Pick-a-brick was $16 for a big cup and $8 for a small cup. I don't have the cups in front of me, but I'd guess the big cup is about a liter.

I'm getting very concerned about how much I've spent on Lego - you know you have a problem when you keep on buying and have no idea how much you have left in the bank!

Anyway, today's haul was 31 S3 minifigs in total (16 from Westfield, 15 from Bluewater), a discounted 7570 (Ostrich Race), a jester keyring (also discounted) and two large PAB cups.

I don't think there's a time limit on the clearance since they have to get rid of those sets, but I'm not sure the sets will last until Jan 1! Didn't spot any chassis parts, but they might have been there. The store I went to is the Rockefeller Center one, and it was completely crazy.

Pick-a-brick was $16 for a big cup and $8 for a small cup. I don't have the cups in front of me, but I'd guess the big cup is about a liter.

Ah I see. Which did you get? So they aren't weighed?

Also, I got the Lego Jan 11 mag, and it had said the minifigures are on the 6-9th of the month? I thought they are out on the first or does the online store have it out first, followed by the Lego stores (it was on page 42).

EDIT Found a pic of a cup, is this the large or the small?

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Ehthak/LegoStore/loot.jpg

Edited by Iysk

Ah I see. Which did you get? So they aren't weighed?

Also, I got the Lego Jan 11 mag, and it had said the minifigures are on the 6-9th of the month? I thought they are out on the first or does the online store have it out first, followed by the Lego stores (it was on page 42).

EDIT Found a pic of a cup, is this the large or the small?

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Ehthak/LegoStore/loot.jpg

That's the big cup, $16. I got one big one. And no, they don't weigh them. Whatever you can fit in the cup is legit. They put a top on it at the cash register, and I guess the top has to fit. It doesn't take quite as many pieces as it looks like, because there is a hollow for a super-sized stud on the bottom (the top has a stud, so they stack).

The guy I spoke to at the store was expecting Series 3 on January 1, but I don't think he was sure about it.

Good hunting to you!

I have just bought Maersk Container Ship 10155 on S@H.

You're hereby nominated to give a review!

I've just ordered the following from Lego S@H :classic: :

3648 Police Chase (£18.99)

7286 Prisoner Transport (£13.99)

7305 Scarab Attack (£3.99)

7976 Ocean Speeder (£3.99)

8803 Minifigure Series 3 Individual Bag (£1.99 each) x3

8886 PF Cable (£2.49 each) x2

852979 Dumbledore Key Chain (£1.49 (50% off))

Free Ninjago Sensei Wu Key Chain for orders over £50.

~buddy~

Went and bought 9349 (Fairytale and Fantasy Minifigures) from Westfield today, as well as five more S3 figures - completing my collection. Another review will happen!

I bought an Imperial Flagship with two gift cards ($140), VIP points ($15), and $40 of my own money at my local Lego store.

I also bought Kraken Attackin' and Cannon Battle at TRU because I know Pirates is going away. I was in my dark age until October you see. I really want Brickbeards Bounty at least...

I wanted to get Skeleton Bowling but the Lego store didn't have any so I got Battle For Geonosis. As it turns out that had the new S3 minifigures so I got the Hula Dancer.

Just ordered the Venator through Amazon/Target @ $101.98 (just missed the 89ish price.:hmpf_bad:) Can't wait!

On Friday, I got the two new Star Wars Battle Packs and the Battle Of Naboo for 30% off. A great start to the new year! :sweet:

I recommend these sets as they are great!

CF

I got 15 of the new collectible monitors at my TRU during the new years buy 2 get one free sale. I'm pretty sure I both am missing about 4 of them and also have a couple duplicates. Reading the new dimples and fondling bags is pretty rough.

First Time @ the Lego store yesterday:

Ninja Training Outpost ($5)

Desert Attack ($5)

Wizard ($2)

Transport Truck ($20)

Today at Borders:

Buzz Lightyear Star Command Ship (passed on getting Woody's Roundup for $31) for $20

Feeling buyer's remorse now for not getting the Woody's Roundup...

Edited by Iysk

Today I bought a 5866 Rotor Rescue set for 33% (1/3) off at my local Tescos; it was £5.92 instead of the RRP of £8.99. I think that it is a great set. :classic:

~buddy~

Given John Lewis a helping hand with those Ostrich Race sets: two of them ordered for pickup. My collection requires more ostrich.

So I'm about to buy 7747 Wind Turbine Transport. I'm also looking to get either:

10210 Imperial Flagship

10197 Fire Brigade

10155 Maersk Container Ship

Only looking to grab one right now. Any suggestion on which of those to grab?

I just scored a great deal at Borders and got my second Ostrich Race for little more than $7! :sweet:

Anyone interested in some ostriches?