Kikuichimonji

What did you buy today?

On 2/19/2020 at 7:52 PM, KotZ said:

I got 75938 T-rex vs Mech-Dino or something free today since it was missing the T-rex.

That’s crazy...how does something like that get past inspection? Weight wise, was there something in there that shouldn’t have been? 

Picked up a few of the DC CMF’s, the most wanted ones...Bat-Mite, Green Lantern, & The Flash. 

1 hour ago, Vindicare said:

That’s crazy...how does something like that get past inspection? Weight wise, was there something in there that shouldn’t have been?

It was second-hand. I should've clarified:laugh:

Just recently bought the 4520 Curved Track. Can't wait to start building. After that, I have searched for the best jack stand https://theeffectiveguide.com/best-floor-jack/best-jack-stands/ that will perfectly fir for my vehicles. As we all know how helpful it is to have your own tools at home. 

Edited by Bombylious

Just received the Assembly Square, a good set to build while stuck at home!

I got a pile of polybags today! Some for me and some for my sister who is Self Isolating (Asthma means she is at risk now) so she can be entertained. Nothing super exciting, but nice little treats.

Won the advent calendar set from 2010 on eBay tonight. Will use the minifigs and toy builds as part of a train-around-the-tree thing I'm gonna try and do this Christmas. 

6273: Rock Island Refuge aka Port Jamaica

I was planning to add this beauty to my collection for years now. Only the blue sails were red instead, but otherwise complete, no instructions, $107. A fine deal imho.

49729610212_32c3c84ea5_b.jpg

On 4/3/2020 at 2:27 AM, Medzomorak said:

6273: Rock Island Refuge aka Port Jamaica

I was planning to add this beauty to my collection for years now. Only the blue sails were red instead, but otherwise complete, no instructions, $107. A fine deal imho.

Oh your photo looks like my floor right now. I recently built that set from a used haul and it's currently undergoing a war against the Imperial soldiers from El Dorado Fortress (from the same haul).

4 hours ago, leafan said:

Oh your photo looks like my floor right now. I recently built that set from a used haul and it's currently undergoing a war against the Imperial soldiers from El Dorado Fortress (from the same haul).

That's cool, do you have any pictures of them? I definitely plan to get the Eldorado Fortress with the Clipper this year.

1 hour ago, Medzomorak said:

That's cool, do you have any pictures of them? I definitely plan to get the Eldorado Fortress with the Clipper this year.

Sure, I've sent you a PM.

Bought a couple of baseplates and the Hidden Side Graveyard Mystery from S&H Monday.  They are sitting in the warehouse, which is totally understandable since essential items should get shipping priority.  I have this image of the Lego warehouse being similar to the one at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark.  

Since I last posted:

- 4 ebay auctions, the most noteworthy being the raised baseplate for the 90s Castle set 6079 Dark Forest Fortress, which starts at $70 on bricklink but which I got in good condition for $45

- 60239 Police Patrol Car

- 60270 Police Brick Box

- 60253 Ice-cream Truck

- 60234 People Pack Fun Fair

- 71027 Breakdancer Minifig

Took advantage of no line waiting to get into Target...

60253 Ice-Cream Truck

5 Series 20 minifigs, went full blind bag & just grabbed- Pirate Girl x2, Martial Arts Boy, Brick Costume Guy x2.

48 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

60253 Ice-Cream Truck

That's a good one. Your money won't be wasted. 

On 4/11/2020 at 2:35 PM, Paradosis said:

60270 Police Brick Box

I'm trying to sse if I could find one of those at a reasonable price. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

1 minute ago, Brandon Pea said:

That's a good one. Your money won't be wasted. 

I'm trying to sse if I could find one of those at a reasonable price. 

Oh yeah, I love it. I think it’s great how it’s basically like the pizza food truck in shape & design...just like real food trucks. I hope we see a lot more of these in years to come. 

Edited by Vindicare

3 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Oh yeah, I love it. I think it’s great how it’s basically like the pizza food truck in shape & design...just like real food trucks. I hope we see a lot more of these in years to come. 

Lego should do a small lineup of food trucks for City. We've seen a pizza van, an ice cream truck and a burger truck. Though that last one wouldn't count as it's not a City set and it's on a different platform within the Lego universe. I'd still like to see a coffee van or maybe a burger truck that's owned by the same company as the burger bar. 

43 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

Lego should do a small lineup of food trucks for City. We've seen a pizza van, an ice cream truck and a burger truck. Though that last one wouldn't count as it's not a City set and it's on a different platform within the Lego universe. I'd still like to see a coffee van or maybe a burger truck that's owned by the same company as the burger bar. 

That would be awesome for sure. Realistically, if they do release another it will undoubtedly be a coffee one. That is a staple in City, as much as pizza.