Kikuichimonji

What did you buy today?

9 hours ago, chezzymann said:

Got Ninjago City for $209. There was a Walmart discount for $229, and some random guy on reddit had a $20 discount coupon for the first person who commented and I was first. Thanks guy.

Cant wait to build it! Might make an extension moc. 

Nice! Hell of a price. It’s a great build. Reading the instructions on the “history” of the set makes the build that much more enjoyable. I also recommend Docks, it’s a fantastic addition. 

75930-1.jpg

Got set 75930 (Indorapter rampage at Lockwood Estate) ordered from Amazon on prime day a couple days ago for $40 off the usual $130 for a grand total of $90 USD. I'm going to use it for my town as a large stately manor-house. (a proper one too, not just a facade!)

70838 Queen Watevra’s ‘So-Not-Evil’ Space Palace

I finally found a fabled Walmart clearance deal! :excited: Saw this at $49.00. Which was quite exciting because at full retail I would’ve passed on it. I have quite a few sets that are higher up on the list. But I couldn’t pass it up at that price. 

I was driving around and I stopped at a Walmart I haven't been to in some time and they had a couple of sets at least half off, the sets are...

75203 Hoth Medical Chamber for $15 

75951 Grindelwald's Escape for $9 

70650 Destiny's Wing for $7 

76109 Quantum Realm Explorers for $9 

70824 Introducing Queen Watevra Wa'Nabi for $7 

I found some good deals at Walmart today too:  Arctic Exploration Team (60191) for $4, Olivia's Heart Box (41357) for $5, Spider-Man Car Chase (76133) for $5, Dr. Fox Laboratory (41454) for $5, Introducing Queen Watevra Wa'Nabi (70824) for $7, Pteranodon Chase (75926) for $7, Batman: Attack of the Talons (76110) for $13, Cloud-Rider Swoop Bikes (75215) for $13, Andrea's Talent Show (41368) for $21, T. Rex Transport (75933) for $30, and Queen Watevra's 'Not-So-Evil' Space Palace (70838) for $49.

75239 Action Battle Hoth Generator Attack for parts
76128 Molten Man Battle for display

75958 Beauxbaton’s Carriage: Arrival at Hogwarts 

75965 Rise of Voldemort 

Now, the testing of my patience as the agonizing wait begins. :sadnew:

Grabbed a BaM so I could have three of the new shields!

Probably going to look at the deals I can get tomorrow, as it is apparently an AFOL shopping day, or so the friendly chap in the Lego Shop said.

I recently purchased two Bricklink orders for my HALO display, a lot of Duplo parts for the insides of larger builds, the Micro Minecraft sets 21107 and 21105 for the small tiles, a huge bin of LEGO stuff at a yardsale, two of the original Bionicle canisters (Onua and Gali) which were a dollar each and 100% complete at a yardsale, a small Duplo figure at an antique store for 50 cents and some organizers. Overall, way too much to sort.

Edited by legostarwars1425

The porsche 919 hybrid set! The design really grew on me so I had to get it!

On 7/25/2019 at 5:10 PM, samurai-turtle said:

I was driving around and I stopped at a Walmart I haven't been to in some time and they had a couple of sets at least half off, the sets are......

76109 Quantum Realm Explorers for $9 ...

On 7/26/2019 at 4:59 PM, bobasdad said:

I found some good deals at Walmart today too:  Arctic Exploration Team (60191) for $4, Olivia's Heart Box (41357) for $5, Spider-Man Car Chase (76133) for $5, Dr. Fox Laboratory (41454) for $5, Introducing Queen Watevra Wa'Nabi (70824) for $7, Pteranodon Chase (75926) for $7, Batman: Attack of the Talons (76110) for $13, Cloud-Rider Swoop Bikes (75215) for $13, Andrea's Talent Show (41368) for $21, T. Rex Transport (75933) for $30, and Queen Watevra's 'Not-So-Evil' Space Palace (70838) for $49.

I need to get off eBay and get to WalMart!

70420 Graveyard Mystery

2 BaM packs filled with exclusive goodness. 

75890 Ferrari F40 Competizione- bought for a friend who loves the car but loves to mock my hobby. :tongue: Introduce him to the wonder that is LEGO.

yesterday I bought 4 hidden side sets and the systar party crew set which will go perfectly with the pop up party bus

im now currently trying to sell a lot of  my older sets so I can focus on lego hidden side and Jurassic world

On 8/16/2019 at 10:10 PM, legostarwars1425 said:

It'd amuse me to combine both and have the Piggy Guy rise from the ground :laugh:.

Bahaha, I know what I am doing when I get home now lol 

Several random eBay orders came in: Simpsons Maggie, Series 1 Forestman, R2-Q2, LOTR Tauriel, 3 Barded horses, Gladiator, Caroler, Minotaur, Marty McFly, an assortment of zombies/Halloween/series 14, some canoes/rafts.  It looks really random listed out lol. 

Got 75953 Hogwarts Whomping Willow to add to my Great Hall. Also got 76119 Batmobile: Prusuit Of The Joker becuase its very inspired by the Tim Burton movies and I love those. 

Not LEGO related but I got the final parts I needed to build the analogue to DMX512 converter for my Rank Stand LX12 lighting desk (see pic). This order included:
50V 1amp bridge rectifier diodes,
Fuse holders,
230V 1A fast blow fuses,
230V 0.25A fast blow fuses,
35V 2200uF capacitors,
50V 0.1uF capacitors,
7805 voltage regulators,
TO220 thermal pads,
TO220 heatsinks,
Dual primary, dual secondary 24V 20VA transformer.

The company I always buy my electronics stuff from, Rapid Electronics, gave me a £25 voucher last month for a review I left on a product I bought from them, so I only had to pay for shipping, VAT plus £2.64 for a £35 order :grin:

27503774_123711248444239_910534716012003
This is a picture of my lighting desk. This was the same lighting desk that I used at school along with two Rank Strand Mini 2 dimmer packs and is what got me hooked on stage lighting. The desk outputs voltages between 0V and -10V, I am building a converter unit to convert that 0 to -10V into 0 to +5V which will then go into an Arduino Mega 2560. The Arduino will then convert that into serial data to be sent to a Maxim Max485 chip which will then output DMX512 data to my LED Parcans (or what ever else I connect it to). Due to Atmel 2560 having so much storage space and the fact that the convert will use very little storage space, I will also be able to use the LX desk as a normal lighting desk or be able to program into the Arduino channel values for all 512 channels so I can use the LX desk as a submaster controller. The converter unit will add so much capability into this desk, far more than Rank would have thought possible when they designed this desk back in 1989/1990.

Received this from Amazon last night: Iron Man Hall of Armor 76125-1.  Was 20% off retail price, and I was able to use a gift card as well.

I am not a Marvel fan, although I did see the first and second Iron Man films in theater with friends.  I bought the set mainly to use the sub-assemblies for a machine shop to add to my space station MOC.  The Hall of Armor consists of 9 interlocking windowed walls, a robotics stand, and Tony Stark's computer station.  The machine shop is basically a 2-floor high building using 8 of the interlocking walls as structure, and a long plate as a roof up top.  The rotating robotics stand is mounted underneath the roof, which allows the robot arms to reach downward and repair space ships docked below with the variety of tools/instruments included with the set.  Tony's computer station is placed on top of the 9th wall to make an elevated control area where minifigs can manage the robotic repairs.

I'll continue to modify the initial build to add more features and increase its stability, but I'm very pleased with the initial result.  This is a great set for anyone looking to build a robotics lab or manufacturing facility.