Kikuichimonji

What did you buy today?

Hey, this is the 10000th reply! 

I got 4 stormtroopers from a friend for 10 dollars, seems like a good deal to me :classic:

2 hours ago, JarJarBonks said:

Hey, this is the 10000th reply! 

I got 4 stormtroopers from a friend for 10 dollars, seems like a good deal to me :classic:

Well you can never have too many troopers, am I right? You gave them a nice home.

I purchased a Lego tub from eBay that includes the CMF series 1 Demolition Dummy, amongst others.

I really need the Hazmat Guy next from series 4.

10263 Winter Village Fire Station

40289 Diagon Alley

Finally caught up on the WV sets. The Station is double points for the month as well...in case anyone, in the States at least, hasn’t gotten it yet. 

Well I broke down and bought Elves set 41195 Emily & Noctura's Showdown. Walmart had it for $40 and the set having 650 pieces, I figured it would be an alright purchase. 

HP Bricktober pack...oh, & 75955 Hogwarts Express(which I plan on returning later)

On the plus side, B&N LEGO selection looked a lot better. 

Edited by Vindicare

Took all day to talk myself into it, but I pre-ordered the Tracer vs Widowmaker and Watchpoint Gibraltar sets with the Christmas Box.  Figured that the PPP of that combination was about the same as if I'd waited for a 20% off Walmart sale, judging from the Walmart sales on overpriced Star Wars sets in the same price range.

First of all, I have to admit that I received and built this just over a week ago, but I've been setting it up, downloading all my games/apps and benchmarking ect, so its not something I got today but I thought you'd like to see it anyway.
Since my old computer was starting to have major issues just doing the basics, I finally upgraded my 10 year old computer with some shiny new parts.
This is my old computer just before I ripped out all the old hardware.
45762167_318249815657047_373037143809641
The old computer used the following:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 processor (4 core, 4 thread, 2.4GHz clock)
EVGA 750i FTW motherboard
Gainward Geforce 8800GT graphics card (originally had twin GPU's in SLI, one started having issues so it was removed)
Hiper 580w power supply (originally had a Coolermaster M620 which was blown by a external HDD failing (which also damaged one memory stick, the memory controller on the CPU and the northbridge on the motherboard))(never trust USB external HDD's)
OCZ DDR2 2GB SLI edition memory (originally 4GB).
Can't remember who made the CPU cooler, nor does it have any markings on it.

This is with all the new hardware installed, wired up and ready for first use.
45890784_318351032313592_363623870858946
AMD Ryzen 7 2700 processor (8 core, 16 thread, 3.2GHz base clock, 4.1GHz turbo)
MSI X470 Gaming Plus motherboard
Gigabyte GTX1070TI graphics card
EVGA Supernova 750W G2 80 gold power supply
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz 16GB memory
Coolermaster Hyper 212 LED Turbo CPU cooler
Four 120mm high airflow dual ball bearing case fans (one at the front and one in the side door panel as inlets - one at the back and one at the top as outlets)

Having the ball bearing cooling fans in the computer does make it quite loud (around 54dBa at 1 meter) but the system does stay nice and cool, as I'm typing this, the temperatures are the following (all at stock speed and no overclock):
CPU: 25°C 
GPU: 27°C
MOS: 29°C
System: 22°C
PCH: 27°C
HDD 1 (OS drive): 27°C
HDD 2 (Data drive): 23°C
In a living room that is around 18-19°C, with these kind of temperatures, I don't really care about the noise level.

Both HDD's, the DVD/blu-ray drive and the system case were reused from the old system as there is nothing wrong with them and they still work fine. I should point out that the HDD's are not the original HDD's I installed when I first built this system. The 500GB OS drive is around 3 years old (soon to be replaced with a M2 NVMe SSD drive) and the 1TB data drive is around 18 months old.

This new computer is able to run all my games at max detail at way over 60FPS and is SOOO much faster then my old computer (ignoring the fact that I'm using the worst OS M$ has ever released (win 10 which is a total nightmare and just outright evil) and I'm still running SATA HDD's). I am able to do so much more with this system than I ever could on my old system. Everything from browsing the internet to hardcore gaming is now so much better and smoother. Once my ISP gets my copper phoneline swapped over to half-a**ed fiber, Ill finally be able to start streaming my gaming session on youtube.

Anyways, sorry for the long post but I hope you like it.

70615 The Lego Ninjago Movie Fire Mech for £36 from Amazon UK.

It's probably got up in price now unfortunately.

Well, I said I would stop with buying CMFs after the latest price increase. But... I found series 18 for 2 (!!!) Euros a bag, plus this weekend an additional 20% off! That means 1,60 € per bag. Couldn't resist and bought 4 of them :laugh:. Now have the flower, racer, blue suit and cat suit. I like racer the best of all 4.

I got 60117, 31053, 76021, and 76032 today for $100. Pretty happy althouh some pieces are missing I think. Oh well.

Well it looks like Walmart wants to get rid of old stock, because stuff is going to half price. Today I got 76102 Thor's Weapon Quest for $7, and yesterday I found 30407 Harry's Journey to Hogwarts for $2 (at different Walmart). Then I am thinking about a week ago, I found 70919 The Justice League Anniversary Party still being sold at a Walmart. Thinking I am not going to find this again I ended up getting the set.