Kikuichimonji

What did you buy today?

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:21 PM, bobasdad said:

My wife found this at a thrift store yesterday:

*pic*

She paid ten dollars for it.

Well done her! I recently bought two series 16 minifigure bags, hoping to get the babysitter minifigure. I didn't. I got the archer, and the emo dude with a scary storybook. Meh.

Well, this morning, I ordered more bricks for my Alstad Project, and got a book for Dad's Christmas present off Amazon.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that along with the bricks for Alstad, I got the winter town square kit. For no reason. Also, A small storage brick.

Edited by Steamdemon

Another PF train motor + sides, 4 sets of big red wheels (each bag consisting of 2 flanged + 1 blind), 3 PF extension cables. Well, seems I'll finally start MOCing trains...

Yesterday, ordered another small lego storage cube, and ordered a few more parts including several white glow 1 stud round plates and metallic silver radiator grilles.

Today, My creative supplement box arrived today. Added more to my 0-4-4-0ST. Yes, she looks more like a saddle tank. Probably will get the small train ride set from the official lego store.

Looking for feedback on two partial sets I recently purchased (and if there is a better place to move this to please have one of you wonderful MODs do so).  I bought two 76052 Classic TV Series Batcave sets recently both listed as 'missing minifigures only' from two different people and both were missing the batcycle.  One was also missing about 100 other pieces and I haven't had a chance to go through the second one yet.  I think both may have been legitimately overlooked and both sellers are supposedly doing what they can to find the missing pieces and for now I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. 

Is this common though with this set in particular or just buying 'minifig missing only' sets?  It wouldn't be so bad except that both of them did this and that it's a potentially $10 portion of each set.  Granted, I paid about $140 for both so even if each was missing 500 pieces it'd still be about 3.5 cents a piece.  I typically only buy new and I'm thinking more and more I should stick to this if it is a common occurrence.  Opinions or validation of my annoyance at this is much appreciated. :-)

If you ask me, then I would complain. "Minifigs missing" is just minifigs missing, not whole vehicles absent... Not very fair from the seller. Even if it was a good deal.

Edited by Capparezza

Tuesday, bought two lego classic creative blue boxes. Wednesday, my radiator grille parts and glowing 1x1 plates arrived. Today, my Medium Blue storage cube arrived.

2 hours ago, Steamdemon said:

Tuesday, bought two lego classic creative blue boxes. Wednesday, my radiator grille parts and glowing 1x1 plates arrived. Today, my Medium Blue storage cube arrived.

Mmuuu-mmmmu-mmmmuuuuu-muuuuu-mulllltiiiiii Shop! Steamdemon is on a shopping spree! :laugh:

I'm in the same boat. My red flanged and unflanged big train wheels arrived today and I went out at Black Friday and bought something with nearly 50% discount, went to the shop to pick it up 4 hours ago.

Almost finished up my 2016 Technic collection by buying 42054 CLAAS. Now I need to decide between UCS Snowspeeder and BWE...

2 hours ago, Capparezza said:

Mmuuu-mmmmu-mmmmuuuuu-muuuuu-mulllltiiiiii Shop! Steamdemon is on a shopping spree! :laugh:

I'm in the same boat. My red flanged and unflanged big train wheels arrived today and I went out at Black Friday and bought something with nearly 50% discount, went to the shop to pick it up 4 hours ago.

Storage is everything. Oh yeah, just ordered a new Gray baseplate, because my original one that I got a long time ago has bended...

Today, I ordered my nephew's birthday and christmas presents. Demolition site and jungle buggy.

EDIT: And I've just ordered 5x Black train buffer 91992 off brickowl.

Edited by Steamdemon

70917 The Ultimate Batmobile

Just need the two Scarecrow sets and I’m complete until the next wave. 

Yesterday, ordered a green train window frame and glass for it off brick owl. Alstad is nearly at a stage where she's complete.

EDIT: Saturday was quite a sad day for me. My uncle died, and today I tried to do some voluntary work at the Chippenham RSPCA Charity shop, but a song the radio had on set me off, and found I couldn't continue in that state of mind. So on my way to the bus station, I got two Series 15 minifigure bags, one of them contained the banana guy.

Edited by Steamdemon

Got myself Mime & Zodiac Master.

A bunch of dark tan 2x2 tiles. 1x4 & 1x1 brown tiles for the train tracks. 

My 5 91996 snow plough parts arrived today. and I replaced the rear buffers with the snowplough design. Also, the 0-4-4-0ST got a buffer update. Thanks Bricknation toys!