Kikuichimonji

What did you buy today?

Walmart is clearing their shelves to make room for the new wave of sets.  I just bought Magic Rescue from the Goblin Village (41185) for $20, Lance's Twin Jouster (70348) for $7, and The Water Dragon Adventure (41172) for $7.

Airport Battle. On Target's website it had it listed for 55.99, but when I rang it up it said 79.99. I ended up paying for it anyway, because I wanted the exclusive figs and the quinjet and Giant-Man.

Had a mini field day over here in the UK and made the most of the Argos 3 for 2 deal. Ended up having a good push at getting back up to date (within reason! Still some more to get..) and picked up:

70915: Two-Face Double Demolition

70914: Bane Toxic Truck Attack

70907: Killer Croc Tail-Gator (easily my favourite bigfig!)

76088: Thor Vs. Hulk Arena Clash

76084: The Ultimate Battle for Asgard

76078: Hulk Vs. Red Hulk (poor set in my eyes, but really needed to add all 4 figs to my collection).

Now to get those pesky Flying Monkey's, Wicked Witch and Polkadot Man from the Ultimate Batmobile, and Harley Quinn from the Batwing!

Le sigh . . . 

Too much.

Ima have to sell something.

There was some random auction that I bought that has most of the parts for 6399 Monorail and includes: 6347 along with Megabloks and some Playmobile.  The good news is most of the crap that's not Lego should be segregated, so my head won't explode.  Not sure if I get a monorail motor in this lot.  I have about 7, but would love to have one more and that stupid part that goes on top.

I took another trip to Walmart.  This time, I bought Killer Croc Tail-Gator (70907) for $30 and The Scuttler (70908) for $30.

On 8/2/2017 at 11:30 AM, bobasdad said:

I took another trip to Walmart.  This time, I bought Killer Croc Tail-Gator (70907) for $30 and The Scuttler (70908) for $30.

I am so jealous of the deals you find...I've checked mine fairly regular since reading your finds...nothing. I still need that Killer Croc set so I may have to make another run. 

Edited by Vindicare

13 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I am so jealous of the deals you find...I've checked mine fairly regular since reading your finds...nothing. I still need that Killer Croc set so I may have to make another run. 

Before heading to the store, I suggest visiting Walmart's website (https://www.walmart.com/).  If you click on the "My Local Store" link at the top of the page, it will take you to a search engine where you can look up the inventory--including prices--of the stores closest to you.  Choose a store from the list near the top of the page (you may have to enter your ZIP code) and then type in a key word to search for ("lego" works well for me).  If you don't find any good deals, you can save yourself a trip to the store.

Bear in mind that most Walmarts (in my area, at least) list all clearance items as "out of stock" on the website; so if the search engine shows some good deals but says the items are out of stock, it is still worth making a trip to the store to check (there's a 50/50 chance--based on my experience--that the items will still be there).  There have been several times that I have found great deals on the inventory checker and arrived at the store to buy them before the prices on the shelves had been changed (the Battle on Takodana set I bought on Monday was still marked as full price on the shelf but it rang up for $15--which matched the price on the website--at the register).

I hope this helps.

Not today, but yesterday: My local Walmart doesn't seem like they'll be having The LEGO Ninjago Movie sets anytime soon, so I made the trip out to Toys R Us. Got the Mech Dragon, Ninjago City Chase, and Spinjitzu Training. Also got several Minifigures: Hooded Lloyd, Cole, Garmadon, Volcano Garmadon, Sushi Chef, N-Pop Girl, and Jay Walker. Oh, and also that book that comes with Training Outfit Cole.

Just got 76085 Battle Of Atlantis for $20 at target. They had the other two JL sets but they did not interest me. They also had some Ninjago Movie sets, but not Master Falls which Is what I was looking for.

On 8/5/2017 at 10:48 PM, PepperoniBricks said:

Got Krennic's Shuttle for $30 on clearance at Walmart. Just thought I'd throw that out there to anyone interested.

Nice find!

13 hours ago, bobasdad said:

Nice find!

I know! I wouldn't have wound up grabbing it for normal price, but now that I do have it, I feel so much more obliged to grab the rest of the Rogue One main cast.

Today my Palace Cinema and Cave people came in the mail. I also managed to score a Lego friends deal. I got the heart lake market 41118, the high school 41005, the beach house 41037, the pet salon 41007, the pet hospital 41085, the private airplane 41100, and the fruit stand 41026 for $120.00 CAD. The friends sets are all used, but they have instructions and boxes at least. I couldn't turn it down, there are a lot of great MOC pieces in those sets.

I took another trip to Walmart today.  I bought Catwoman Catcycle Chase for $9, Rapunzel's Best Day Ever for $7, and Chirrut Imwe for $5.

"Create The World" has hit The Danish Coop stores. Connected to this the stores offer a handful of polybags at DKK 20 which is even lower than the standard rate of CFMs. So I bought myself - not the Create the World set, but two polybags:

- 30351 Police Helicopter (I want a modern version of a police helicopter)

- 30353 Tractor (always nice to have, not least with a snowplough)

Both sets I find are decent builds with a nice selection of parts. Not least for the price.

I picked up the tiger suit Batman (finally), at TRU yesterday. Went to go find some Force Friday non-lego stuff and they had a whole box full of the polybag. And I am also the proud owner of the Black Series Grand Admiral Thrawn.