Kikuichimonji

What did you buy today?

When I was at a local department store this morning (by chance) I thought I'd check the little toy section, since i was there. There were almost no LEGO sets available anymore, as they are going out of business. I was about to leave when I heard the two ladies working there say "Should I just put them in the shop?" "Yeah, just sell them for €1"... well now that peaked my interest! I was hoping it would be lego! Maybe some poly-bags or minifigs, those would be great for that price! So I walked up to the cash register, asked if they had any small boxes or polybags left, and the lady kindly told me they just found 5 boxes under the counter, which they were about to sell for €1... and they were actually 40086 EASTER BUNNY! Those are about a tenner normally, that means a 90% discount! That's unheard of where I'm from! The lady actually looked around if she could find any more, but she didn't.

She made my day!

BTeGPdK.jpg

Amazoned 60047 Police Station, 60079 Training Jet Transporter, and 60097 City Square for a more acceptable price :classic:

I'm curious to this 'more acceptable price'...are you in the US, for starters, if so...where?! I want that set so bad, but that price...the money just isn't all there right now.

I finally got my hands on 30201 Ghost to add to 10228 Haunted House.

Eurobricks is a bad influence..... :sadnew:

I'm buying more LEGO than ever now

I got Museum break-in set today :laugh:

Visited a local store today and got myself a couple of CMF 15 series - Janitor, Tribal Woman, Faun, Clumsy Guy and Farmer :classic:

I got this trainpass on the german ebay. with the box and all, so nice condition on both the pieces and the box.

I love the old 12V, so much more details and technical things you could do unlike todays train where everything is manually operated.

20151223_152852_zps3zkmbowf.jpg

A Elves Lego keychain

When I was at a local department store this morning (by chance) I thought I'd check the little toy section, since i was there. There were almost no LEGO sets available anymore, as they are going out of business. I was about to leave when I heard the two ladies working there say "Should I just put them in the shop?" "Yeah, just sell them for €1"... well now that peaked my interest! I was hoping it would be lego! Maybe some poly-bags or minifigs, those would be great for that price! So I walked up to the cash register, asked if they had any small boxes or polybags left, and the lady kindly told me they just found 5 boxes under the counter, which they were about to sell for €1... and they were actually 40086 EASTER BUNNY! Those are about a tenner normally, that means a 90% discount! That's unheard of where I'm from! The lady actually looked around if she could find any more, but she didn't.

She made my day!

BTeGPdK.jpg

Wow. What a good deal! :)

Mystery Plane Adventures. For $10. I was pretty vexed with much of what LEGO did with the Scooby Do line, but I wanted the Headless Horseman and even I wasn't fool enough to pass at 50% off.

Some minifigure parts from Bricklink, including Green Arrow from 76028. He was $6 and came with the proper hood instead of the over-the-back one!!!

Got myself the 10721 Iron Man vs. Loki Juniors set. The cape is definitely a lighter green compared to the old Loki. It seems to feel a little thinner too. Nice to also have an up to date staff for Loki. Iron Man looks the same but his gold does seem a bit brighter compared to the one I got with the Quinjet.

Bought Droid Escape Pod and filled a large PAB cup at the Lego store. There were 8 people waiting for the store to open in the mall. Funny thing is that the Lego store always has people waiting while all the surrounding stores have no activity.

I just got the 3 DC mighty micros sets. Neat little builds and funny figs. I just wish that LEGO will get to mould short legs that can move.

I just got the 3 DC mighty micros sets. Neat little builds and funny figs. I just wish that LEGO will get to mould short legs that can move.

Looking forward to getting these eventually! I love the new face Robin has.

I can't stop buying.. picked up the BvS Clash of Heroes yesterday and have just ordered Cosmic Boy off eBay..Agh!

I had to cancel a previous order due to stock errors and ordered the following today:

Lego City Car and Caravan

Lego City Snowplow Truck

One for me and one for the most wonderful wife ever.

CMF's Detective & Lumberjack

Some more tiles & other odds & ends. I did find a 1x4 green street sign tile, VARICK ST., I take it it's a designer...anyone know which set it came in? I don't recall street signs in any set.

Wal-Mart actually dropped the price on 40090, so I grabbed one for parts, and grabbed another Left Shark just because.

I bought a few series 15 blind bags the other day, nothing today though or for the next couple of months (saving money)

Ordered 60098 Heavy-Haul Train, 60096Deep Sea Operation Base for discounted price and purchased a blue flatbed car with cargo, 2 cable cars, 2 cattle cars, and the loading station from 60052 Cargo Train :classic:

I'm curious to this 'more acceptable price'...are you in the US, for starters, if so...where?! I want that set so bad, but that price...

I am in the West Virginia, US. At the time Amazon priced PD $20+ off, the transporter $15+, and City Square was $45 off, but that one was actually an ebay purchase. I had $10 in shipping cost (ebay) and $8.XX in taxes (Amazon) :classic:

Edited by LEGO Guy Bri

Wyldstyle with Open Mouth and Confused Unikitty minifigures. Now I just need Benny, Batman and Vitruvius.

Wyldstyle with Open Mouth and Confused Unikitty minifigures. Now I just need Benny, Batman and Vitruvius.

Nice! You collect the minifigs?

Wasn't today but at the weekend I picked up Iron Skull Sub Attack and a couple of key rings. Love the Scuba Iron Man minifig!

That'll be it for a while though, time to save the pennies and sell off some bits whilst double points is on so I can try pick up the Batcave before 22nd!