Kikuichimonji

What did you buy today?

I have just baught:

1 stormie battle pack

1 rebel battle pack

1 post airoplane

1 indiana motobike chase

1 indiana race for the stolen treasure

Would have ordered the little post van but I would be waiting until febuary before it would be sent! :-/

7784: The Batmobile: Ultimate Collectors' Edition; it was $70 AUD (down from $130) in Toyworld.

7784: The Batmobile: Ultimate Collectors' Edition; it was $70 AUD (down from $130) in Toyworld.

You have Toyworld in Aussie? I didn't know that! Here in Rotorua it's still called "Martin's Toyworld". :-D Great place, but late in stocking and an extra dollar or two per set. Hmm. Maybe I'll just get dragonator to buy sets for me. :-P

~Peace

You have Toyworld in Aussie? I didn't know that! Here in Rotorua it's still called "Martin's Toyworld". :-D Great place, but late in stocking and an extra dollar or two per set. Hmm. Maybe I'll just get dragonator to buy sets for me. :-P

~Peace

We sure do... and it sound like the same place! :-| They are not very competitive on prices. I only went there today as I couldn't find anywhere new sets... :'-( But that Batmobile is a great set... especially on steep discount! X-D

We sure do... and it sound like the same place! :-| They are not very competitive on prices. I only went there today as I couldn't find anywhere new sets... :'-( But that Batmobile is a great set... especially on steep discount! X-D

I got mine from Myers, for $90, which is still good. Well done on that great pickup, I love the set too. Not at all the box people made it out to be in my opinion. Toyworld was sold out of them at launceston.

And I got, er, a Crossbow Attack from my sister. That puts the army up a notch, though iamded still beats me, having got the SSA :'-(

Batbrick is Back! >:-)

I got mine from Myers, for $90, which is still good.

You should update your signature then! X-D

Yesterday I ordered my biggest order so far from S@H :-

851502-1 LEGO

I got the 2 new Creator sets:

4837 and 4838 - I'll be doing a review soon, if it hasn't already been done.

KimT

The Good Wizard impulse set from target in Oz. Definitely the best of the impulse sets, nice details on legs and hips, superb hat, including the gold buckle being part of the mould which was a nice touch. I'd definitely recommend it.

You should update your signature then! X-D

Done and done! X-D

The Good Wizard impulse set from target in Oz. Definitely the best of the impulse sets, nice details on legs and hips, superb hat, including the gold buckle being part of the mould which was a nice touch. I'd definitely recommend it.

Was it six dollars?

Batbrick is Back! >:-)

Edited by Batbrick

Today I bought set 1782 from the Legostore in Alkmaar (The Netherlands) MISB for 49,95 euro, which I thought is a fair deal (Despite the UGLY helicopter).

It was the American version and it came with a small catalog from 1997, which I did not had before.

1782-1.jpg

Now the only set I need to complete the entire Divers collection is set 6599...

Edited by simonwillems

Picked ud 5615 Impulse Castle Soldier, 5614 Impulse Castle Wizard and 7670 Spider Droid, Hailfire and Battle Droids set in my local toy store. *wub*

KimT

What did I buy this week:

7663 - Sith Infiltrator - found at Wal-Mart on clearance. $17

much better in person than in pictures. Why they insisted on photographing it at the angle that makes the curved slopes not mesh well I will never know. I only bought this on clearance and liked it enough that I would have probably paid full price if I had known. Recommended

7670 Hailfire and Spider Droid - full price $20

yikes, I like the set but the pieces fill up about a third of the box. $20 is too much. Mildly Recommended. Recommended if you find it on sale for $15 or less

8113 Tiger Assault Mech - full price $15 (not $20 like TRU wants to sell it at)

Nice. A nice change up from what has become standard Exo-force style. The powerful legs and feet really give this mech personality. Recommended (if I didn't think I'd like it, I wouldn't buy it. Thats why there are so many recommendeds)

7695 MX-11 Astro Fighter - found at Wal-Mart on clearance $2.50

Stupid alien, stupid cockpit, otherwise nice little ship.

Mildly Recommended at clearance price. I mean at this point, it was an impuse set.

7669 - Anakin's Starfighter - full price $20

It looks more lego than the original ep II starfighter which relied too much on large slope pieces for my liking. I think the anime Anakin hair is giving me a new hairpiece for my sig fig (give it a couple more years and I won't need a hairpiece for my sig fig...but I might need one for real me...yikes). Despite that, I think I like the older version better. As it looks like this ship will feature prominently in the new Star Wars shows, its probably good to have around so I can squeal like a little kid and swoosh it around. It does swoosh nicely as the wings are slightly more stable than the older version. Wow, two specifics as to why I like this better than the old version but the certain je ne sais quois still tips towards the old one

Mildly Recommend if you have the original, Recommended if you don't.

8925 - Barraki Deepsea Patrol - clearance, again at Wal-Mart - $20

I bought it because I saw a review here that the mini-figs had new arm pieces. They do! Yay! I'll say this was better than I expected. The creature/vehicle was solid and used the Bionicle pieces to give an interesting organic look to an otherwise solid (maybe a tad boring) build. The ball joints are already having trouble holding the darn thing up. The squid launcher is worthless (but you knew that). A couple of good pieces in the little escape pod and the tentacles and the aforementioned figures. It wasn't good enough to make me go back and buy the other two sets at clearance.

Mildly recommended at clearance prices.

8106 Aero-Booster - clearance at Wal-Mart -$15

Highly Recommended at this price!

Second copy of set. Very fun little set. Strap on the jets and hold on!

8952 Mutran and Vican - full price $15

So, you get a better version of a ten dollar set and a 6 dollar set for 15 bucks? all right.

I like the claws on Mutran which I guess are the only 'upgrade' on the Makuta. The lime color scheme is nice.

But, wow, more black bodies. Barely repainted masks. Eh, not much less than I would expect from a store exclusive.

Not recommended if you have the other Makuta, Mildly Recommended if you don't. Highly Recommended if you're going to buy everything you can that says Bionicle anyway (or if, worse, like me, you'll buy anything with Lego on it)

The clearance sales were very bad around here. Target had nothing except a remote control train set that I didn't remember them ever having to begin with. Wal-Mart had a couple of things but for the most part everything was picked over.

I also think I'm at the point I've gotten the necessessities for 2008. Until the next batch comes out (2008 castle sometime soon), I'll just be picking up impulse sets and random sets to fuel the addiction.

-Tohst

Picked up a second TIE Crawler on clearance from Target. Couldn't say no when the price was $12.48.

Well after 2 weeks of searching my local toy shops most days in vain, one of them finally got all of the Indiana Jones sets as well as the new City sets. Suffice to say I am a very happy AFOL.

2008-01-12-50106.jpg

*wub* *wub*

Although something I noticed is that one of the biggest toy shops; Woolworths are stocking less and less Lego sets and even then they are now stocking sets that cost more than

^What city sets did you get?^

~VBBN~

^What city sets did you get?^

~VBBN~

None yet I am toying between getting either the Cargo Plane or The Temple Escape, I'm also waiting for them to get the Rogue Shadow in stock as I may get that instead depending on how good it looks in "real life", there's too many sets I want :-P.

Although I am currently wavering towards getting the Temple Escape as it's a very nice set and I can also combine The Lost Tomb and Temple Escape into a whole new temple moc thing.

Edited by Eothein

I've bought the set 836 836-1.gif in a shop where I have seen old small sets 2 years ago. And for my work, I had to go near this little village, so I tooke some times to go to this shop. And tada! I found this very old set, my older LEGO set! It's in perfect condition. So I have discovered some new windows!

I also bought the 6319 (palm, trees, flowers) and 6709, my first western set!

Fiiiinnnnaaaaaallllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyy ordered my much needed Arkham Asylum! *wub*

Poison Ivy and Nightwing, here I come!

Batbrick is back! >:-)

Edited by Batbrick

I found this very old set, my older LEGO set! It's in perfect condition. So I have discovered some new windows!

I also bought the 6319 (palm, trees, flowers) and 6709, my first western set!

Great find! Imagine how long that has been sitting on the shelf... decades!

I just agreed to buy (have yet to pick it up at the sellers house) the locomotive of 7898, with RC remote control for 45 euro. I am curious to see how that system works and if I can change the speed when the locomotive is inside a large tunnel (probably not...).

7898-17.jpg

I just agreed to buy (have yet to pick it up at the sellers house) the locomotive of 7898, with RC remote control for 45 euro.

Oh, lucky you!

They don