Kikuichimonji

What did you buy today?

21108 Ghostbusters Ecto-1 To my surprise, TRU had this...without mark up.*oh2*

30266 Sykor's Ice Cruiser as a freebie.

Lidl (german supermarket chain) is selling the star wars microfighters with a discount. You can one for 8,88 or buy and pay 7,77 for each.

Not beeing a star wars collector i picked up the millenium falcon and the star destroyer for parts.

This isn't quite what I bought, but I am so thrilled, I have to share it here.

I have a bunch of brilliant mates that I met online, and we're all spread about across the country. It was a significant birthday for me recently (with a 0 at the end ;)) - and as part of my celebrations, I'd arranged to meet with a few of them.

It turns out that as a group (so many more than those who I saw), they'd banded together and bought me the Haunted House as a present. :O I was absolutely astonished, and completely thrilled, as I had bought nearly every other item on my wishlist, and had reluctantly let the Haunted House go as I couldn't afford it. I saw online that it was likely to be discontinued, and it was with a heavy heart that I didn't buy it (I didn't have enough money) - so my jaw dropped when I saw they'd all banded together and bought it for me.

As I said, I wouldn't ordinarily post something like this, but I was so thrilled....I still can't quite believe it now! I am super lucky to have such wonderful and thoughtful friends. :)

This isn't quite what I bought, but I am so thrilled, I have to share it here.

I have a bunch of brilliant mates that I met online, and we're all spread about across the country. It was a significant birthday for me recently (with a 0 at the end ;)) - and as part of my celebrations, I'd arranged to meet with a few of them.

It turns out that as a group (so many more than those who I saw), they'd banded together and bought me the Haunted House as a present. :O I was absolutely astonished, and completely thrilled, as I had bought nearly every other item on my wishlist, and had reluctantly let the Haunted House go as I couldn't afford it. I saw online that it was likely to be discontinued, and it was with a heavy heart that I didn't buy it (I didn't have enough money) - so my jaw dropped when I saw they'd all banded together and bought it for me.

As I said, I wouldn't ordinarily post something like this, but I was so thrilled....I still can't quite believe it now! I am super lucky to have such wonderful and thoughtful friends. :)

Nice story, congrats (both with the birthday and with the impressive Haunted House)! :classic:

Where did you hear that it's getting discontinued?

Lidl (german supermarket chain) is selling the star wars microfighters with a discount. You can one for 8,88 or buy and pay 7,77 for each.

Not beeing a star wars collector i picked up the millenium falcon and the star destroyer for parts.

Havent seem them in here finland :( (I work at Lidl :D)

Edited by kimmokissa

Thanks guys. :)

You got it right, PROlego. :)

I read the discontinuation speculation on another Lego fansite, although it was only speculation. It seemed to be backed up at the time by the fact that the online stock had dwindled, but I saw last night that it was back on pre-order. I was surprised that they'd let it go prior to Halloween, but I thought maybe they had limited stock and resellers had done a run on it...evidently it's bounced back!

I bought the Exo Suit today, not built it yet, might save it until christmas

nearly picked up santas workshop too, but that can wait

LEGO: The Toy That Never Gets Old

I bought the last of the Daily Mail free Lego give away newspapers today. All told I think that means that to collect all eight poly bags it cost me £6.30. :) Bargin

I'm intending to give them to the grandson as an extra Christmas present. It occurred to me that I still had the old Lego carry case around somewhere (part no 2746). It must be over 20 years old by now. Originally it was used to store the kids Lego, but for a long while now I've been using it as a general storage box. So I tracked it down, gave it a good scrub and I'm going to fill it with the polybags for him,

Lego001.jpg

Picked up 2 79007 Battle at the Black Gate sets from Walmart for $30 each, good for some spare parts for my MOCs and the rest will be added to my Bricklink store.

I've ordered a medium sized bricklink order. It includes:

[New] Dan Reid (x1) ..... US $2.95 each = US $2.95

[New] Black Window 1 x 2 x 2 2/3 Pane Lattice Diamond with Rounded Top (x5) ..... US $0.21 each = US $1.05

[New] Dark Brown Brick, Modified 1 x 2 Log (x100) ..... US $0.04 each = US $4.00

[New] Light Bluish Gray Window 1 x 2 x 2 2/3 with Rounded Top (x3) ..... US $0.30 each = US $0.90

[New] Pearl Gold Minifig, Utensil Goblet (x20) ..... US $0.04 each = US $0.80

[New] Tan Plate 4 x 8 (x40) ..... US $0.26 each = US $10.40

[New] Trans-Black Minifig, Utensil Bottle (x1) ..... US $0.51 each = US $0.51

[New] Trans-Clear Minifig, Utensil Bottle (x1) ..... US $0.65 each = US $0.65

[New] Trans-Clear Minifig, Utensil Goblet (x5) ..... US $0.19 each = US $0.95

[New] Trans-Clear Panel 1 x 6 x 5 (x3) ..... US $0.75 each = US $2.25

I'm really exited to get this one, especially with my new film coming up.

70403 - Dragon Mountain

70400 - Forest Ambush

79014 - Dol Guldur Battle

79011 - Dol Guldur Ambush

2x 9461 - The Swamp Creature

9466 - Crazy Scientist And His Monster

41509 - Slumbo

75023 - 2013 Star Wars Advent Calendar

76010 - Penguin Face Off

All 20% off plus the monster fighters were reduced further :grin:

Kicked off double VIP points month with a City Advent Calendar and a Star Wars Advent Calendar for the boys. I also bought $5.10 worth of Pick-a-Brick to get the total just above $75 to trigger the free shipping. If I only got the two calendars, I would actually have paid more!

Now, it is time to wait a couple of weeks, and then get the Lonely Mountain.

Put in another BL order yesterday for some bits and pieces - it all adds up, that's nearly £100 in September just on BL! Don't tell the wife...

In October I'm looking at Haunted House, and possibly also Town Hall or Parisien Restaurant..(Double points!)

Edited by ocifant

I waited for the Double VIP to start, and finally ordered the Palace Cinema modular. It was either this or the Parisian Cafe, but I figure the Cafe will be around a bit longer.