Kikuichimonji

What did you buy today?

Not exactly bought, but I paid 2 BrickLink orders from Denmark today.

Here's what my bricklink activity looks like:

2n377s.jpg

3251.20 NOK? What the hell are you buying, man? *huh*:laugh:

What are you buying... how did you get all that money... where did you get all that money... can i have some Nachos

Tesco finally decided to restock their shelves this week so I did indeed get the 60056 Recovery/Tow Truck.

I'm looking forward to building this with my son on Thursday after he finishes school, whilst his sister is at her ballet lesson. Then we can get onto the Haynes V8 Engine model kit that's been sat there since Xmas.

10224: Town Hall

79003: An Unexpected gathering

3857: Heroica Draida Bay

50011: The Battle Of Helm's Deep

3874: Ilrion

A couple of key chains and a PAB order

My dark age is well and truly over! :)

I also signed up for the VIP membership. They sent me an email about access to exclusives, so I tried the early access to the Simpsons House, but it wont let me order :( I'm sure that set is gonna sell like hot cakes!

Ordered some cllectible minifigs fro Oz, including:

1x 8831- 6 Bagpiper

1x 71000-1 Waiter

2x 71001-9 Paintball Player

1x 71002-3 Pretzel Girl

1x 71002 - Welder

3x 71002-11 Scientist

2x 71002-12 Saxophone Player

2x 71002-13 Diner Waitress

1x 71002-15 Constable

Another BL order for a new 21018 United Nations and an eBay win for a used one :classic:

(a LOT of BL parts)

Good lord, that's more than I'd spend in a year on new sets! *huh*

Edited by LEGO Guy Bri

Picked up 79010 - The Hobbit, The Goblin King Battle x 2

If anyone in the USA has a Meijer near them, it's on clearance right now for $49.99.

Yesterday I made a trip to Five Below in hopes to complete my LEGO Movie collectible Minifigures series. I only needed two more - Calamity Drone and Velma Staplebot. My local Five Below carries three boxes of the Minifigures series, so my chances of getting what I wanted seemed good. One box was nearly empty though, a second was short of a few packs, and a third was yet to be opened and sat behind the counter.

Recently I bought lots of other figures from this series so I was familiar with the parts associated with them. I've been training for a long time for feeling packages for figures and parts with a near 100% accuracy rate.

As I searched the two opened boxes for figures, I found Calamity Drone rather quickly. After 40 or more minutes of feeling packages and some twice to be sure (about 40 packages), I failed to find Velma Staplebot. So I took Calamity home, sad to not have completed my collection so soon.

I went home and made a haul / rant video on YouTube about my findings. I felt a sense of doubt in my abilities to find the right figures. I researched online and found that in an unopened box of figures, Velma appeared twice in the whole box. I considered the idea that maybe Velma was already bought at my store and would not be available until opening the third box. My stores are growing low in figures available so I'm not sure how I can find her.

So in short, my most recent purchase was Calamity Drone. But in thought id share my shopping experience to show how I got to this purchase and how I yearn for that last figure.

I ordered the 16 Lego Movie minifigures from a fellow collector. I hope he's not a scammer or anything. Can't wait till they get delivered.

CMFs: President Business, 2x Panda Guy, 2x Scribble-Cop, the Mermaid, 2x Velma Staplebot, Abraham Lincoln, Gail. I also got Lord Business' Evil Lair.

Edited by Gremer

Was my birthday last Thursday so picked up a major haul from the Glasgow store (plus some Movie minifigures from Asda)

10218 Pet Shop (Already had one but wanted another to build a dual aspect version)

10232 Palace Cinema

70804 Ice Cream Machine

41027 Mia's Lemonade Stand

41042 Tiger's Beautiful Temple (Already had one but wanted another)

850487 Halloween Accessory Set

2x 30106 Ice Cream Stand

852766 Minifig Builder Pack (3 female figures)

Filled my VIP pick a brick box

1x President Business

2x Abraham Lincoln

1x Scribbleface Bad Cop

1x William Shakespeare

1x Larry the Barista

1x Velma Staplebot

1x Taco Tuesday Guy

1x Where are my pants Guy

1x Panda Suit Guy

1x Nicki Minaj Marsha, Queen of the Mermaids

4439 Heavy Lift Helicopter. I love it, I've fixed the one problem I could find (the doors), and I was surprised to see so much hate towards it, design wise. On top of that, I got it for nearly half price.

1x Nicki Minaj Marsha, Queen of the Mermaids

I was looking for Marsha all day today! I know what the Mermaid tale piece feels like, and could not find one, so no Nicki Minaj for me I guess :sadnew:

But I did manage to feel out the Panda suit guy, knowing who he was before hand, I'm really appreciating not giving up on the feel-bag method.

Not a purchase, but I picked the set for free. I don't know if it is complete, but I had to wash the parts intensely. Picked up a lot of dust.

The racer Ferrari F1 1/10 (8386)

8386mn.jpg

Edited by racedees