Kikuichimonji

What did you buy today?

I haven't bought any Lego myself for a few months, but my daughter gets friends sets from grandma once in a while. She got the Dolphin Cruiser recently and she LOVES it. I'm so impressed by the Friends line, I hope it continues.

5974 Galactic Enforcer, 5982 Smash 'n' Grab, and 6398 Central Precinct HQ.

Where did you get this? I want those too!

Edited by TheLazyChicken

Ah, I've been sniping on eBay for some of those, and got one from a Charity Shop (or a Thrift store as people In the US call it). I live in Britain, and particularly around Christmas some real rare stuff has been listed on eBay and gone for practically nothing. Sometimes you've got to be in the right place at the right time, if you don't mind a gamble and the possibility of missing or substituted pieces, of course.

And the last of my haul has arrived just in time for Christmas, 1704 {unnamed} or as Peeron likes to call it, "Ice Planet Snow Grader", much more catchy don't you think? Available only in the US, I got one of eBay UK for I think a reasonable price. It's such a shame it was never available else where, the detachable weather control monitor station (akin to other sets in the range), the near exclusive Ice Planet printed blade at the front, and the usability and quality of the vehicle, particularly on an Arctic planet, astonishes me that this never achieved a more wider launch than it got.

I bought a couple of Baxter Robot Rampage sets and a Hobbit Dol Guldur Ambush @ 25% off.

Nothing, thank goodness, nothing. I need to do this a few more days in a row.

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

This month I bought:

- Raptor Chase (Dino)

- Tower Takedown (Dino)

- Loader and Tipper (City)

- Mining 4x4 (City)

- Stunt Plane (City)

- Dirt Bike Transpoter (City)

- Mandalorian Speeder (Star Wars)

- Death Star Troopers (Star Wars)

- Scorpion Pyramid (Pharaoh's Quest)

I generally don't buy so many sets but this is a special month.

Just treated myself to 10232 Palace Cinema. It would fit well with my only other modular, the Grand Emporium as they're both corner modulars. Now I just have to wait 'till Christmas :grin:

4434 Dump truck, the Second Ninjago brickmaster book, and 60053 Race Car, my first 2014 set. My new years resolution is to stay away from anywhere that sells Lego...

60000 Fire Motorcycle for £3.74 at Sainsburys

60006 Police ATV also for £3.74 at Sainsburys

41028 Emma's Lifeguard Post

60042 High Speed Police Chase

2x 2014 sets :sweet:

For Christmas I got:

10233 Horizon Express

21103 BTTF Delorean

60026 Town Square

10235 Winter Village Market

79109 Colby City Showdown

41041 Turtle's Little Paradise

41042 Tiger's Beautiful Temple

41043 Penguin's Playground

40056 Thanksgiving Feast

40082 Christmas Tree Stand

Slightly pre-Christmas purchase:

21103 The DeLorean Time Machine

Christmas gifts:

850425 Desk Business Card Holder

10232 Palace Cinema

Nothing, thank goodness, nothing. I need to do this a few more days in a row.

Andy D

This sounds like the best purchase period! Almost got killed trying to walk through my LEGO room. Time to sort it and put away those boxes and containers dangerously perched in perilous positions.

Fortunately we had to clean up our house before Christmas dinner, and this required putting sets away in the LEGO room, which now looks like a disaster site. We definitely need to have company more often forcing us to clean up the place.

Looking into twelve step programs for LEGO hoarders in the New Year. Any recommendations?

Didnt buy today, but I did go to Prisma 5 days ago and bought myself a little present for chirstmas as I know my parents wont do, and its been ages since ive buyed anything LEGO related, years prehaps. Anyway, I went in and bought two 60002 Fire trucks. And was keen to buy yet a third Lego City set, but i thought, "Nah, too expensive for my wallet". And also I got a new game BF 4 wich I actually quite regret now, as I did got the normal version and not the prerium version wich would have been the same prize but I didnt look carefully enough. Just saw the game, grabbed it and thats it and they both had costed about 50 e :pir-sceptic: Stupid, stupid me! :wall::ugh:

Captain Becker

Ordered these from S@H today

10232 Palace Cinema

21103 DeLorean

Palace Cinema was only 139.99€, was it always cheaper than the other modulars (they usually go for 150€), or was this some kind of special deal?

Bought a large mixed lot, mainly for a wreaked Airplane and some plain green baseplates. Turns out I've got a 99% complete (Sans baseplates) 6597 Century Skyway, a 70%ish complete 4768 the durmstrang ship, a 50% complete 7467 ISS and a load of late 90's town sets. Not too bad for £15.

Last S@H for the year:

1 - 10232 Palace Cinema

2 - 60020 Cargo Trucks

1 - 79110 Silver Mine Shoot Out

2 - 40083 2013 Holiday Set 2 (Pickup Truck)

2 - $10 Dollar Gift Cards

haul_20_12-3-13.jpg_thumb.jpg