Kikuichimonji

What did you buy today?

I don't know if it really counts as "buying," but I cashed in a load of VIP points and walked out of the store with two copies of the LOTR Black Gate (79007), a Lone Ranger Stagecoach (79108) and they threw in a free hot dog stand (40078) and I didn't (technically) spend a dime. Even better, I still have $10 in VIP points on my card for my next trip.

I suppose one wants to split hairs, they were "bonus" kits, not "free" kits as I seem to recall spending a fair amount of money to get those VIP points in the first place - but it still feels like getting something for nothing when you "cash" them in.

Grand Emporium, Series 10 Librarian and Bumblebee Girl minifigures, Superman: Metropolis Showdown, and Iron Man: Extremis Sea Port Battle. :classic:

Received today a package with 3 small technic sets I ordered on Friday. 42002 Hovercraft and 2 x 9390 Mini Tow Truck.

Added a 8066 to the collection for only € 3,-. It is complete including box. The parents told me that the kid unpacked it, looked at it put some pieces together thought it was to hard and returned it into the boxing.

Got in the post:

8065 Mini Container Truck

9390 Mini Tow Truck

44012 Evo

44013 Aquagon

(2x) 40048 Accessory Pack

Thank god for S@H and their 'retiring soon' page!

Today I got three star wars PT books and I orded the town hall and the hulks breakout.

21011 Brandenburg Gate (Architecture, the older models). I am going to try to collect these alongside LotR and Hobbit if funds allow it.

21011 Brandenburg Gate (Architecture, the older models). I am going to try to collect these alongside LotR and Hobbit if funds allow it.

Nice pickup, I have it too, what price did you get it for?

I bought the galaxy squad galatic titan, the Lord of the Rings pirate ship ambush and two of the castle battle packs. That galatic titan is just huge and impressive and the pirate ship ambush reminds me of the troll warship. Two very great sets in my opinion. I also got the free hotdog cart polybag.

Finally got 76002 Metropolis Showdown; I wish Superman's cape was a little darker but other than that it's a great set.

9472 Attack on Weathertop: I like this one alot more than I thought I would. The minifigures are very nice and the Weathertop looks amazing. I brought it since I find it for 20% off.

60026 Town Square: This is a must have for City collectors. You get two fantastic buildings, a bus, a crane and lots of other small vehicles.

375 Castle. Finally. And the condition is just stunning, looks like it was always kept as a set and greatly loved. Instructions incredible, stickers barely frayed and even the sticker sheet was there still with four left on it.

So, so happy today. Now all I need is a worthy box.

71001-9.jpg71001-3.jpg

6 down, 10 more to go. I'm sure I can manage that before the end of August and the wider release of Series 11 (which arrives in European LEGO Stores, but not general retailers, in a mere 4 days in my timezone).

6 down, 10 more to go. I'm sure I can manage that before the end of August and the wider release of Series 11 (which arrives in European LEGO Stores, but not general retailers, in a mere 4 days in my timezone).

Series 11 comes out on August 1st? Where did you hear this?

Series 11 comes out on August 1st? Where did you hear this?

Grogall said in the Series 11 topic that Series 11 will be released in European brand stores and on S@H on August 1st. He's a very reliable source, so it's more or less safe to say that he is correct.

*EDIT* 200th post!

Edited by Star Wars NutJob 69