Kikuichimonji

What did you buy today?

Took another step into Technic and got 8069 Backhoe Loader yesterday. It's an awesome set. Technic is WAY more challenging than System - this was the first time I've had to backtrack because I'd messed up a couple of parts. I love that it's actually a challenge to build. Luckily, none of the other Technic sets out right now (in a price range I can afford) appeal to me that much, or I could have a whole new addiction on my hands.

Got the Winter Post Office earlier today, and a review (SilentMode style) is coming later. No sign of this mystery "exclusive" set someone suggested.

I went to the Lego shop in Liverpool today, and came away with a small PAB tub, an Alien Quest battlepack, a Pharaoh's Quest battlepack, two keyrings, a build-a-minifig (well, three for £3.50), two Series 5 minifigs and 40019 Brickley the Sea Serpent. I just can't resist a nice polybag!

Just scored an amazing deal on a complete Armada Flagship! The sails are nice, all the figures are there,the instructions are there, and the seller threw in two bonus pirates, a captian, shark, and rowboat to go along with the set! :laugh: It should be here next week! :classic:

I, myself, recieved the 8070 Supercar today. VERY excited to get building, but I'm afraid I'll have to wait until next weekend.

Oh well, just a quick sneak at my first Power Function parts for now. :wub:

Anyone know good modifications for it? I'm looking the link the steering wheel to the HOG with two 4L U-Joints I've been saving and turn the gearshift into a true motorized drive. Not that worried about the 'baboon' rear though. And I'm already buying the PF Switch.

Winter Post Office

VW Camper van

And a starwars keychain of a storm trooper.

Got a free Lego Apple and double VIP points :)

Corweena: I hate you: you some how managed to get two of my favorite sets twice (both spyrius robots) and two sets I have always wanted to get but never could: that blacktron fighter and the SP2 tank.

Corweena: I hate you: you some how managed to get two of my favorite sets twice (both spyrius robots) and two sets I have always wanted to get but never could: that blacktron fighter and the SP2 tank.

ahahaha......these were all my older cousin's sets :laugh:

But I maybe be selling some, since I want to buy some Pirate stuff now.

Ah, well just some collectable minifigs today and a strike rate of 4 out of 5 for guessing by feel what was in them.....my son was so happy to have a new clown ! :laugh:

Got the Winter Post Office earlier today, and a review (SilentMode style) is coming later. No sign of this mystery "exclusive" set someone suggested.

Which 'exclusive' set is that? The new 'holiday' one that will be a freebie? I think that's not until mid-October. 17-31, IIRC.

Fairview was PACKED, so I just snagged five random bags of Series 5 (my first ones!) instead of spending the time 'groping' the pouches and got: Cleopatra, Zookeeper Jane, Gladiator, Snowboarder and Boxer. Not bad for totally blind picks.

Also picked-up BrickJournal #15.

Edited by Ogre

Which 'exclusive' set is that? The new 'holiday' one that will be a freebie?

It's the one that turned out to be the Kingdoms Joust set. I don't know if it's in stores yet, because I wasn't looking in that direction.

It's the one that turned out to be the Kingdoms Joust set. I don't know if it's in stores yet, because I wasn't looking in that direction.

Ahhhhhhhhh. Sweet set. Comes out in January. Tons of pics on Flickr for folks like myself to drool over. That new Falcon (updated Black Falcon) knight looks AWESOME!

The classic space stuff continues again!

6893 Orion II Hyperspace.

6893-1.1105158269.jpg

Just cant help myself with the old Futuron sets!

Also placed a rather large, possibly marriage breaking Bricklink order! I'm sure she'll understand :laugh:

*edit*

Just sneaked this in too-

6824 Space Dart I

6824-1.1121478044.jpg

She'll never know!

Edited by charlieboy

A second Evo 2.0 to combine with some spare Scorpio parts and some miscellaneous pieces to create a lime and yellow Hero Factory figure I designed on Recon Team. He's turned out very well and since I got the set from Amazon, I could create the figure for a fraction of the cost it would have from Recon Team - about £4.49 all told, compared to around £15 for Recon Team including postage. plus a far, far shorter wait.

Edited by Rocketbilly

I've purchased a number of custom Lego products lately.

Minifig Cat - $50 worth of Body armour and headgear.

Bricklink - $45 worth of heads and torsos for my WWII American GI's.

BrickArms - $45 worth of WWII guns and WWII Helmets.

I'm very impressed with the quality of Minifig Cat. Its just as durable as genuine Lego. BrickArms are extremely durable too.

Edited by Ratshot

Bought some things from Shop at Home here in the UK

5x Pudseys 30029

3x Halloween Sets 40020

1x Brick Journal 5000121

1x Brick Calendar 853195

2x Series 5 Minifigs 8805

Does anyone know which shipping company the LEGO S@H UK use? :sceptic:

Bought some things from Shop at Home here in the UK

5x Pudseys 30029

3x Halloween Sets 40020

1x Brick Journal 5000121

1x Brick Calendar 853195

2x Series 5 Minifigs 8805

Does anyone know which shipping company the LEGO S@H UK use? :sceptic:

Ar one point they used the atrocious YODEL, but I'm not sure now.

Ar one point they used the atrocious YODEL, but I'm not sure now.

Never heard of YODEL, they will probably use a courier. Although it's tricky to get the parcel re-delivered if i'm not in the house when it arrives.

I got another copy of the Mill Raid and the large Atlantis set for 30% at TRU. Got the 1st Bricktober figure, and $10 in Geoffrey Bucks for the 2nd one.

I wanted those tridents to arm some of my gladiators from the Series 5 CMF.