My signature just keeps getting bigger and bigger as I do more reviews. I might have to start selectively removing my worst reviews to keep things in check.

:tongue: Probably, but the good thing about text is it auto-fits better than images. Thus even on a small screen like I'm using right now it's "just" eight lines.

For future reference, I consider yours large, but not huge. Since you use text you're fitting a lot more that other people's sigs, just going to prove once again that it's not the size but how you use it.

I have a Word-file for my wishlist, as well as a list of wanted sets in Brickset. Easy breezy! :wink:

I have no need of one. I want everything! :tongue:

Centering sigs also adds a factor in stretching the screens. Or at least makes it appear to be stretched :wink:

Yes and now it is very big and dis-tractive as well... :hmpf_bad:

Well I'm sorry. If it's that distracting I will happily change it. Please tell me? It hasn't done anything to my screen.

Well I'm sorry. If it's that distracting I will happily change it. Please tell me? It hasn't done anything to my screen.

The big banner with just your screen name, placed under another picture instead of next to it just doesn't make it a decent signature.

I'd be happy to remove it for you. :tongue:

The big banner with just your screen name, placed under another picture instead of next to it just doesn't make it a decent signature.

I'd be happy to remove it for you. :tongue:

One step ahead of you. :classic:

One of the few things I don't like about EB are the images in signatures. Even though there are restrictions, in some threads there seem to be more signatures than actual information and I find them terribly distracting. Perhaps it's because when I started participating internet discussions I was using usenet on a Unix machine :alien:

I understand that people want to individualise the appearance of their messages, but there's already the option of selecting a picture that goes to the left of it. I think those are much more useful than any signature, because it really helps me to remember who I'm dealing with and. I'm much better at recognising pictures than names. A small bit of text in an unobtrusive colour and a link to where I can find whatever a poster is up to with their LEGO is sufficient as a signature as far as I am concerned -which is of course exactly why that is what I have in my own. I can live with thumbnails of your latest MOCs.

Fortunately I found that I can select an option to not see signatures at all :thumbup: .

Cheers,

Ralph

Sorry to quote a full message but I dug it out of the archives (well, it was not really that long ago). I am with Ralph on this one.

Is there a way to block only the images in signatures but not the whole signatures? Or am I stuck with AdBlock and doing it manually?

I'm no admin but I'm pretty familiar with the board and I don't see a way.

It's either no sig's all together, or no images all together.

That's what I thought. I'll just kill them with AdBlock when I see them then. Not that much of a hassle (unless people change 'em ten times a day :hmpf_bad: ). :laugh:

I think you should be ok. Most of the big pic offenders like their giant picture and hence they stay in. At least the few that bother me

Same here. Works perfectly fine! :wink:

Sorry for the off-topic there.

Now then, talking about signatures - is it just me or is this whole Jamie Berard appreciation thing starting to get out of hand :grin:

Thanks for the excuse to remove my sig. I think I'm the last member/stalker left.

Hi I don't know if this is the right place to put this, so I'll just go on.

I'm wondering how some of the member's on here get the little train pictures underneath the post's that they make, I suppose you add them to your profile, but I don't know how or where to get them from. :cry_sad:

Some member's have there track layout on too I think I've figured where they get that from, I think It's blue brick.

Anyway I'm sure one of you will know what I'm on about and will be able to help me.

Many thanks Gareth

Edited by WhiteFang
Updated title and moved topic

Done! :thumbup:

You have to upload a picture (max 500x200 pixel) on brickshelf, then copy the deeper-link of your picture and paste it in then empty field of the "insert image" icon of your "Change signature" menu. "Change signature" is in your profile page.

Sorry for my english ...and thanks for this challenge post! :laugh:

Very Good 12default_laugh_new.gif ,but i have the same problem....i have try,follow the instruction,but nothing happends..default_cry4.gif

They are tags and you cannot edit those yourself. Read this topic for more information.

EDIT: sorry, I realize now you're talking about signatures

Very Good 12default_laugh_new.gif ,but i have the same problem....i have try,follow the instruction,but nothing happends..default_cry4.gif

Why do you say "nothing happens"?

Don't you see the miracle in your signature ...you're thin! :laugh:

Hi I don't know if this is the right place to put this, so I'll just go on.

I'm wondering how some of the member's on here get the little train pictures underneath the post's that they make, I suppose you add them to your profile, but I don't know how or where to get them from. :cry_sad:

Some member's have there track layout on too I think I've figured where they get that from, I think It's blue brick.

Anyway I'm sure one of you will know what I'm on about and will be able to help me.

Many thanks Gareth

Here is my Tutorial:

Go To Your Profile First

picture_135.png

picture_136.png

picture_137.png

Hope it helps and this may be something good to put in the help section with the photo uploads!

*Fuzzy :classic: *

Edited by Fuzzylegobricks