Jonas

MOC: Falcon Nest and Pravcice Gate

Hi,

let me introduce my latest MOC. The question is to which theme it belongs: City, castle, or anything else?

It is my rendering of Pravcice Gate, one of the greatest natural wonders in the Czech republic. The sandstone arch is 26 m wide and 21 m high. Nearby is a nice romatic hotel called Falcon Nest from 1881. You will find these beautiful objects in the Czech Switzerland National Park - for details see web and for pictures this collection.

Now several pictures of my MOC:

pravcicka-brana-1.jpg

pravcicka-brana-2.jpg

pravcicka-brana-3.jpg

pravcicka-brana-4.jpg

pravcicka-brana-7.jpg

Wonder how the model looks like from other sides? Have a look here or here.

Some additional pictures are on my BS site (when moderated).

My favourite building theme is city, architecture and countryside. If interested in my previous MOCs, here you have some links (just click on picture):

Restaurant with a look-out tower

hradek-06.jpg_thumb.jpg

My large city layout

april2008-0.jpg_thumb.jpg

... and some details from its daily life.

a_photographer-01.jpg_thumb.jpg

I hope you enjoy it.

Edited by Jonas

Great Moc Jonas :thumbup:

I really like your moc, it's a great building.

It's nice that you made the rock almost entirely with snot technique.

But why are there some Harry Potter figures wandering in your moc?

the Inventor

One word .... AWESOME !!!!!! :oh3:

Beautiful building - highly detailed - very period (any interior ?) !

The Pravcice Gate looks fantastic, but could you give as an image of what the real one looks like please.

Even the gardens are wonderful. :wub:

Totally awesome work 'Jonas' ! :sweet::grin::laugh:

But why are there some Harry Potter figures wandering in your moc?

Good question.

Actually, I am not a Lego collector. I use lego bricks and minifigs as they are, I mean as generic parts, so I am sometimes surprised to hear that some minigfigs come from special themes.

The Pravcice Gate looks fantastic, but could you give as an image of what the real one looks like please.

4th line down on original post has a web link to original.

Excellent MOC. :thumbup: Captures the look of the real one.

Many nice photos can be found here.

Wonderful job! :thumbup: The green and rock parts are really nice and the design of the hotel is clean and charming. Not the kind of Town MOC we use to see at this forum but a real pleasure to discover it :wink:

Oh, that's indeed awesome! I love the colours of the whole MOC, it goes very well together. The rock looks very nice done, but I especially like the surroundings. The greenery is beautifully done, the sort of swamp and the little creek are really nice details! :thumbup: A little thing like a creek make a creation like this even more outstanding. I love details like that. The building looks wonderful, I love the colours. The architecture isn't very complicated, but for buildings like this I don't think it has to be. It would create distraction from the beautiful environment.

Great job and keep on building! I like your buildings and your town looks excellent!

Here comes your MOC expert badge and possible front paging! This is a beautiful MOC! The hotel astounds me! I love the park, and the placing of everything is great! You captured a real scene so well!

EDIT: Frontpaged, told you. :tongue:

Edited by Darth Legolas

Wow!

When you build a great MOC, lots of comments are posted in a matter of hours!

Awesome work, man!

I especially like the 3D look of the terrain and the stone arch!

Details are extremely well done. Overall it is easily visible that this MOC is really built with attention and persistence.

Keep up, please!

An Amazing MOC Jonas! :cry_happy::wub:

I really like the arch. :thumbup: Very detailed and greebled.

The Hotel, looks Great! Nice job with it!

The area in front of the Hotel, looks really nice! I like the lake and the Map stand, the little picnic with the pizza. All of these are very nice, Cute details. :thumbup:

Great job on the MOC and I really like you other MOCs!

CommanderFox

Fantastic work, the ridge is amazing tand the building fits so perfectly in the scene.

I love the busy courtyard area and all the people you have too.

I can't imagine the number of pieces this required.

Be proud, this is an amazing MOC!

This is an amazing piece of work. The color scheme on the tudor style building is really nice, and so are the sediment layers in the rock. The only thing I dislike is the plates used to cover up the side of the stone :tongue: (I realize it's inherent to the SNOT construction you employed). Doesn't the fact that you've turned it into a modern-day tourist attraction make it belong in the Town forum instead of Historic themes? :grin:

... The only thing I dislike is the plates used to cover up the side of the stone :tongue: (I realize it's inherent to the SNOT construction you employed). .... :grin:

If I understand your comment well, you mean the large plates at the outer sides of the rock.

They have two purposes:

1) to keep the SNOT structure together (you can believe me that SNOTing that large amount of various bricks was one of the major problems)

2) to make a clear cut of the stone formation that - in real - extends to both sides

But, you are right, the model should be presented mainly in the front view. (I hope you did not see the rear (dark) side of the model. :tongue: )

That's some really nice landscaping, integrated into an even better scene! :thumbup:

I'm not personally big on the rather plain minifigs, but hey, that's personal taste...

Your other MOCs are really good to - interesting to see what a range of techniques and styles can be employed building in just one theme (modern day Town).

Keep it up :wub:

That's some really nice landscaping, integrated into an even better scene! :thumbup:

Hi you ???Owl,

The art of landscaping is the area where YOU are the Master.

I really like this. You're combination of a striking natural landscape and charming european architecture is unique and inspiring. The SNOT detailing and park bits are icing on the cake. Very well done!

I've never been to europe, but this brings me back to my childhood and a visit to my favorite US park, Arches National Park in Utah.

What a great moc. :thumbup::classic:

Is it save to walk under the real stone bridge?

About the Harry P. minifigs: They may have a nice holiday too. :wink:

What a wonderful scenery! :wub:

Great work Jonas! I clicked on the link you've provided and there is indeed a great resemblance. :thumbup:

The section with the foliage, the trees and the "green" really adds many points to your creation. Even that small cute path.

What I really like is the second picture. It looks very realistic because the lighting is different on each level. Darker at the balcony, brighter above the Gate, less brighter on the ground just beneath the rock and brighter on the open space on the ground. (Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me... :wacko: )

Thanks for sharing! :classic:

What a wonderful scenery! :wub: Great work Jonas!

.... What I really like is the second picture. It looks very realistic because the lighting is different on each level. ....

Thanks, Zorbas and all the others, for your positive responses.

You mention the lighting. Well, making the photos was a funny story. Because the model is rather large (64 x 64 studs), I could not find an appropriate place with white and soft background in my home. So I went out, to my garden, where there was just freshly fallen snow. Unfortunately, during the photoshooting, it started to snow again. That is why, you can spot some snowflakes (or their remnats) on some pictures.

This picture shows the 'lego photo safari'.

pravcicka-brana-snih.jpg

:oh::oh:

A double praise from me for getting into all this trouble and for the genious "white background" idea! :thumbup:

Snow... :wub:

This is awesome! I'm going to show this to my friend who loves Russian culture. She will like this too. I really like how everyone is about doing their thing and the building is fantastic. The colors are very nice and it all goes well together.

I love that photo outside too haha nice little addition pic there! It really shows how big that MOC is. Puts it into perspective. Great idea with photographing it outside in the bright white snow area. What do people in your house say about the MOC? Cause that thing is huge! It looks like a work of art.

One little suggestion to your Lego people. Make sure one of them locked the side door to the hotel. We wouldn't want anyone falling to there doom off the end of the flat world. :grin:

Edited by Grimmy