Sign in to follow this  
Ar Sparfel

[MOC] Maxifig Stormtrooper

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello,

Here is my first entry on Eurobricks.

It's an old MOC ( 10 months ago)

when I first saw the Lego official maxifig, I decided to built my own ones.

As I'm a fan of Lego Star Wars, I decided to built a Stormtrooper.

Legs and Torso were quite easy to built, I just have to follow the officiel building instructions.

It was the same for the head.

The difficulties start with the helmet.

My first try was not the best one.

2008.12.14-04.jpg_thumb.jpg

I tried to improve it, here is the final version :

2009.08.27-01.jpg_thumb.jpg 2009.08.27-02.jpg_thumb.jpg 2009.08.27-03.jpg_thumb.jpg

Very good Maxifig Ar Sparfal. I was looking through your brickshelf folders and it appears you are a real big fan of them as your work is extremely impressive. I can't wait to see more of your work in the future. :thumbup:

Out of interest, does the helmet come off?

Out of interest, does the helmet come off?

Well, it's not out of interest, the helmet can be removed, not very easily unfortunately.

The head of the Maxi Stormtrooper is entirely black. For my first maxifig, I tried to have just a few difficulties, and with the helmet, it was enough for me for this first moc.

Very nice Maxifig. The torso, arms and legs are really good but I think the helmet needs a bit more attention. You should try and make the sides bulge more instead of them being just flat.

Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Hello!

That looks very nice, and I guess it looks really great in real on the shelf. :classic: I hope you will give him a heavy blaster in his hands later. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

but I think the helmet needs a bit more attention. You should try and make the sides bulge more instead of them being just flat.
You might need to work on the structure of that helmet. Otherwise, 10/10 :classic:

Well, for the helmet, it is the third version, and actually I'm not very motivated to work on it again.

Since the first maxifig, I'v been working on two star wars maxifigs :

- A Luke with his pilot costum

- Jango Fett, not finish the helmet

One day, I'll go back again to re-built this helmet which is not round enough with too many angles.

For the blaster, I'll have to think about it.

Since the first maxifig, I'v been working on two star wars maxifigs :

- A Luke with his pilot costum

- Jango Fett, not finish the helmet

Nice maxifig AR! The helmets are difficult. You did a good job; the second one is an improvement over the first one.

And Jango Fett... I can't wait till you post that Maxifig!!

Thats Very impressive Ar Sparfel! :cry_happy::wub:

Really nice job with it! You could even add colour so you could make it Rex, Cody or Fox or any other clone!

Nice job!

CommanderFox

The number of pieces is around 2 000. I didn't count. I could have an idea with all my bricklink orders.

As it was my first maxifig, I choose the stormtrooper, well known in the star wars universe.

If I rebuilt this maxifig one day, I will choose one with more colours, Fox or Cidy would be a good choice.

I've also built a maxifig of Luke in pilot costum, this one is better with the orange bricks.

Nice maxifig AR! The helmets are difficult. You did a good job; the second one is an improvement over the first one.

And Jango Fett... I can't wait till you post that Maxifig!!

I saw your work on the Boba Fett maxifig, it's really impressive.

At the date of today, for the Jango fett maxifig, I've done the body, the arms and the head. All the easy parts.

I've been working on the jetpack, whici I want to be separated from the helmet and then I'll have to built the helmet, which is the more difficult part.

Edited by Ar Sparfel

Very impressive creation! Maxifigs are always hard to build when attempting to get the proportions correct. You have done a good job on the proportions in this fig, and the shape of the helmet is another high achievement, and I'm very impressed by your ability to build such a shape. Well done. :classic::thumbup: