F.Mulder

Best Mechanics in a SW set

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Hi all

Does anybody have any opinions on what has been legos best mechanical acheivement in a set?

My personal favourite is the sliding doors on the separist shuttle

Hi all

Does anybody have any opinions on what has been legos best mechanical acheivement in a set?

My personal favourite is the sliding doors on the separist shuttle

Agreed. If only they aplied that technique to the doors in the Battle of Endor set.

Does someone have any pics of this mechanism ?

I'd have to go with the Walking AT-AT and in my mind there's not much disputing that.

Agreed. On a large-scale, there is absolutely no doubting that.

Not close behind is the mechanism on the LAAT/C that holds the AT-OT. Although it wasn't a great set, that part is obviously awesome!

But on a small-scale, I'd have to say the Separatist Shuttle because I can't think of anything else off the top of my head! :tongue:

I really love the mechanism for the Seppy Shuttle's doors. Another favorite door mechanism of mine is the smooth one in Cloud City. Also in Cloud City is the ingenious Carbon-freezing mechanism. It's a little hard to operate, but the result is so realistic.

Echo base has a sweet men catapult thingy 10cm+ high :vader: . And it small.

Really? Its a pretty useless play feature imo.

I like the s-foil wings on the X-Wing. The mechanism is really smooth and the X-Wing looks good with the wings both ways.

I really like the boarding ramp in the USC falcon :thumbup:

also the newer arc-170 has a much improved wing s foil setup IMO

Not close behind is the mechanism on the LAAT/C that holds the AT-OT. Although it wasn't a great set, that part is obviously awesome!

not a great set? U wot?

Anyway - the bomb mechanism on the attack shuttle, drops and then reloads itself, amazing

I completely disagree! :tongue: I loved the model (so much I got a second) but the way they join is lame. For one it's wrong, two it's picky, but most of all it should have a trigger drop. Now that would have been cool... and I want to make it! :grin:

Anyway - the bomb mechanism on the attack shuttle, drops and then reloads itself, amazing

I think we have a winner. I was going to go for the V-19 wings, but I think those bombs are better. It's a pure smarty-pants design that needs no special parts but works wonderfully. :wub:

Look in this review by Navy Trooper Fenson.

Thanks ! ;)

As I'm a big UCS fan, I don't know why I didn't think to the 7191 earlier.

The mechanism of the wings is great ! :cry_happy:

edit : Roncanator : you're talking about the UCS version, isn't it ?

Edited by Anio

Really? Its a pretty useless play feature imo.

I like the s-foil wings on the X-Wing. The mechanism is really smooth and the X-Wing looks good with the wings both ways.

Not if you fire some missiles at it then blow up the men at the same time. Looks really good! :devil: The attack shuttle's bombs come third for me.

I think we have a winner. I was going to go for the V-19 wings, but I think those bombs are better. It's a pure smarty-pants design that needs no special parts but works wonderfully. :wub:

I'll have to go with your first option, in my opinion the V-19 wings are the best technic I can think of right now. Although the AT-OT walker pickup mechanisme on the Republic Dropship is awesome aswell.

is the bomb mechanism the same on the attack shuttle as on the venator republic cruiser? The bomb release mechanism there would be my second choice

All things considered, I would say that my favorite play feature is the main elevator of the Death Star. However the bomb dropping function in the RAS is pretty good as well and so is the pop-up seat in the Republic Fighter Tank.

is the bomb mechanism the same on the attack shuttle as on the venator republic cruiser? The bomb release mechanism there would be my second choice

No, the mechanisms there are very different. I am not very good at explaining such stuff, for illustrations take a look at the respective reviews (by def and Bricks).

not a great set? U wot?

I completely disagree! :tongue: I loved the model (so much I got a second) but the way they join is lame. For one it's wrong, two it's picky, but most of all it should have a trigger drop. Now that would have been cool... and I want to make it! :grin:

No, it was not a great set! :tongue: At least for the price, it definately wasn't.

HOW COULD I FORGET THE REPUBLIC ATTACK SHUTTLE BOMBS!?! :oh3: I'm ashamed! :laugh: Those were truly amazing.

The V-19 wings are cool, too, especially the hydraulics. :wub:

Any thing that operates to wings for flight or fight like.....

6212-1.jpg7659-1.jpg

In both 6212 X-wing and 7659 landing craft the wings can operated by turning a gear wheel - fantastic !

Hello!

My "vote" also goes for the X-Wing. I only have very few sets, but among them ist the X-Wing Dagobah crash landing set 4502. I guess it's the same X-Wing as set 6212. It's fantastic to lock the S-foils in attack position. :sweet:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

I don't have many of these sets, but the X-Wing is pretty good. I also like the Rep gunship 'Open doors' feature. It's pretty good. Also, a very simple mechanics that i like is flick-fires. I know alot of you hate them, but they are such a cheapt and simple way to make a fantastic way to fire. They have them in hundreds of sets, add to the playability, and so much more. flick fires a simple way to do what used to only be in VERY expesive sets.

The best mechanics in my eyes has to be the dropship with At-Ot. The mechanics are just brilliant and to hold up that weight they have to be well built. :thumbup:

Second for me would have to be the S-Foils on the X-Wing.

Highlights for me have got to be:

The Death Star's turbolaser batteries - Love it as the two batteries simultaneously 'track' their target.

The walking AT-AT - A LEGO engineering triumph. Should see my friends faces when I get that moving!

The Republic Attack Shuttle's reloading bomb bays - Truly inspired and works beautifully. Any bomber worth it's salt should work like this! :sweet:

The Separatists shuttle's doors - Aye... I like these too! Should have had this mechanism working on Echo base, Endor bunker, etc. That aside hope to see this functionality more.

Edited by pedro